Thread: Why Bam Bam?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 12:00 PM
WWF Hardcore Champion

J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...J.J. worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Really nobody else worth noting that were as agile in the ring at the time other than Bam Bam. When I say that I mean weren't already involved in their own storylines. Bam Bam was looking like the modern day Ziggler in terms of booking - always put on solid matches and convincing but never could go over.

Apparently he was a good professional and WWE felt comfortable enough that he would protect Lawrence Taylor in the ring. He was about the only star that would be a believable matchup in which LT could go over on and it not greatly hurt their status on the card. I believe at the time Bam Bam was just floating about with The Million Dollar Man

WWE didn't really have any agile workers to put up at the time. King Kong Bundy? Lost all his steam at the Royal Rumble. Mabel? Too big and was on the cusp of his own push. Mo, Yokozuna and Diesel were either too over weight, would lose credibility from losing. At the end this is all a general assumption but remembering the relevant big men during that time he would be the only decent one that could protect LT in the ring.

Overall that is a forgettable year for WWE and WCW. Overall it was a good match and Bam Bam did a great job in making LT look like a legitimate professional wrestler. This match and the tag matches that year were more entertaining than anything else in the card.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote