Thread: My response
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Of Ace Stevens fame.
Knockout Champion

Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...Daniel scored a win over Santino Marella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
I am not, nor have I ever been, homophobic.
Hmmm. I went to dig up the original post. Here it is in all it's contextual glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagger Dias View Post
I do try to be open about all types of lifestyle choices, and have no major problem with gays. However it would be different if I was raising a son who made that decision. There's a difference between being tolerant and what you allow in your house. That lifestyle goes against my personal and religious beliefs. I would be very uncomfortable with it, especially given how my family is obsessed with gender roles and what's considered "manly". I would perceive it as me failing as both a father and a man if my son in this scenario ended up being gay. Granted once he is over 18 and has moved out on his own he can make any choice he wants, but as long as he would be under my roof I would not tolerate such a lifestyle in my house. Call me oldschool or any other term all you want, but this is what I believe and I do not compromise on my beliefs. It would be a much tougher issue for men to accept than women and there certainly is a difference in how they would deal with this scenario due to the intense pressure on men having to be "manly" whereas a mother is more likely to have an easier time loving everything about her child no matter what choices the child makes.
You can feel this way if you want. But don't lie about not having these beliefs and don't play dumb when someone calls you out on this bullshit.
sendpm.gif