View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Behold my diction
WWE European Champion

enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...enviousdominous is going to make some noise in the draft...

The biggest thing that Hillbilly Jim seems to have going for him is a ton of archival footage showing him rocking out hillbilly style with wrestlers and celebrities. I used to have a Hillbilly Jim action figure as a kid, but I mostly just imagined that he was some backwoods moron who would misinterpret everything that my Duke GI Joe was trying to brief him on their upcoming mission.

Hillbilly Jim was the Larry the Cable Guy of his day, as the very people he was a mocking parody of were apparently his biggest fans. As a kid I only ever saw him in promos, I've literally never seen him wrestle an actual match. His promos and posse of off-beat bumpkins were apparently his entire act. I think his biggest accomplishment was making the Godwins marketable as tag team champions, which was no small feat as far as I'm concerned.

It really does feel good to see Hillbilly Jim getting a Hall of Fame nod, it'll feel even better if he accepts it in character.