View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 11:35 PM
YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

Omega isn't going to be the Great White Hope, so to speak, that's going to turn Impact Wrestling's fortunes around. Bigger stars than Omega have come and gone over the years and what has ultimately happened is the company has emptied its coffers to give guys these big money offers without really getting much anything in return. Last week's episode of Impact Wrestling drew 160,000 viewers, the worst in the history of the show and if Omega isn't a regular for Impact, then all he'll do is pop a rating and that's not really what they need.

If Kenny Omega shows up once every 3 or 4 months, or whatever, then eventually even the novelty of his appearances will wear off and the numbers will drop off, just look at WWE and Brock Lesnar as proof of that. In my opinion, Impact Wrestling is basically going to have to start back at square one, put the focus on young indie wrestlers who aren't super well known, but who're talented, and begin the slow process of rebuilding while, hopefully, learning from past mistakes. Some of those mistakes include spending huge sums of money on special attractions and/or former WWE guys to carry the company because it's just not worthy it; sure, some buzz gets generated and that'll last for a little while but it's never really led to sustained growth.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote