View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Reinstate The Fox
WCW TV Champion

Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...Spidey is a United States Champion...
Send a message via Skype™ to Spidey

Over the Thanksgiving Break, I did as many grandkids do in the South and that's watch Hallmark movies with my grandparents. Several of you know how Hallmark follows a formula. Usually it's something along the lines of a workaholic protagonist visiting their parents in a rural setting where they encounter an old flame and rediscover the meaning of Christmas. Everyone knows the setup. But there's even more to it I noticed than that premise. So while watching a few, a made a checklist of all the oddly specific tropes that pop up in these sorts of movies. Sometime shortly I'll post what I found, and maybe we can compare notes or something.

May not fall into the criteria of a short story or a poem, but I'd like to branch out a bit and discuss narratives and what it is about them we enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote