View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 07:00 PM
WWE Women's Champion

johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...johnbragg is looking to come up from OCW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 View Post
Also while they might get a tax break for doing their tapings in canada, it's not like they have made money off this week's taping. Sure the PPV was sold out but the rest of the tapings we're pretty much free tickets with a really small percentage of fans actually paying to get in. So if this continue to be the trend, they might go bankrupt pretty quickly and this might affect even more their others venture like The Fight Network and game TV.
The Indian TV deal with SonySix should be enough to keep the company in existence, if the media reports are accurate.

I have no idea how credible the India Times is or how susceptible they are to being "worked" by shady carnies like pro wrestling promoters. It's possible that the "$60 million" doesn't really turn out to be nearly that much in actual cash money paid to TNA. It could include the dollar (or rupee) value of ads for TNA/Impact on Sony Six and related channels, it definitely includes Sony Six's part of the costs of touring and taping in India once a year. It could also be heavily back-loaded, with a big chunk of the money only payable under unlikely circumstances.

I learned from something looking at the death of WCW that the $80-100M Fusient deal was mostly smoke and mirrors--money only payable to Time Warner if WCW increased in value to be comparable to WWF, dollar values placed on TNT/TBS ad space for other programming. Also Fusient assuming various debts connected to WCW.

"Will there be a Bound For Glory in 2011, post-Hogan?" That is my question about TNA.

January 4, 2010. Welcome to the TNApocalypse.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote