View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 03:28 AM
ROH Pure Champion

shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...shooter_mcgavin scored a win over Santino Marella...

This funny thing is that I did stop watching in 2015. I think it was after The Rumble with Reigns winning the Rumble. Even if the WWE tried to rectify the fan backlash with Rollins winning the title at Wrestlemania the feuds and rivalries after that didn't feel compelling. Add that with Sting/Triple H match being a debacle, Orton being the first challenger for Rollin's title, Sheamus winning the MITB for no apparent reason, and other poor booking decisions. I kind of stopped watching around this period.

In fact, the only Network Special or PPV shows I saw were the NXT Takeovers.

I did start to watch in 2016 though epecially after WM32. WM32 for me was bad but I was pleasantly surprised with the Women's Match and the Undercard talent in the event and the Takeover before WM did show a ton of promise moving forward.

The shows right after WM32 to Summer Slam that year was actually great. You had a main roster Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, Chris Jericho, Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Cesaro, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, Becky Lynch, Sami Zayn, and a promising tag team division at the time.

You had a great rivalry in Zayn vs. Owens, Seth Rollins being on top of his game when returned, Styles vs. Reigns tearing the house down in two consecutive PPV's, the Women's revolution, the Cena and Styles rivalry, and so many things going. Add to the fact that NXT was still a very solid show.

There was a drop off after Summer Slam but I suppose it has a lot to do with the brand split and how thin both rosters have become especially Smackdown!

2017 was just weird in terms of their booking decisions nothing really make sense. And while it doesn't turn me off from the product like what happened in 2015, it pales in comparison from that amazing 5 to 6 month period in 2016.

Last edited by shooter_mcgavin : 10-05-2017 at 03:33 AM.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote