View Single Post
Old 09-30-2017, 04:31 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by THTRobtaylor View Post
The reality is ANY talent has the chance of a world title, wherever they are from if they are good enough
This is very true. In fact, someone did a study to see how long it takes talent to become main eventers. They found that it is essentially a crapshoot:

Quote:
I did a study once in an article for Fighting Spirit Magazine about new talent joining WWE and how long before they were a “main eventer”. I didn’t qualify whether business did well or not while they main evented, but rather just how look it took them to get to that point. What I learned was that it was essentially a crapshoot – the best strategy you could have was to bring as many people up as possible in a year because on average, the same percentage of people succeeded. My conclusion was that it’s tough to pick winners & losers – you’re better letting the wisdom of the masses start to see who connects and who works. We know Vince never saw Foley as a main eventer, but he ended up being the right guy at the right time. Same thing could be said for both Daniel Bryan and CM Punk.
This shows with people like Crews and Bliss. Both were brought up way too early. Yet, they went on opposite paths. One grew and the other stagnated. WWE can't force a superstar. While Reigns is getting a big backlash, he is popular. Jinder is being forced and the crowd reacted with not attending SD events. It is largely up to the individual if they can get over (there are exceptions). Austin, Rock, HHH and Mankind all had to deal with Russo booking and they managed to make their stuff great. Undertaker was not able to make his stuff work during that time (this would be the exception I mentioned earlier). You have to show WWE something to make them want to push you. Foreign or not. You may get a shit storyline but that isn't unique. A lot of people get shit. It is your job to do the best with what they give you.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote