Thread: Taking The Knee
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 06:50 PM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

You know, as a kid, I remember my school playing the national anthems (we play both PR & US). And for the PR anthem, I can never forget mocking the loving crap out of it. Singing about Christopher Columbus coming in, farting and taking a shit. Was it funny, yeah. Was it disrespect? I don't know and I don't care enough for it because it's just a damn song. It has no bearing on what I feel and who I am. Same goes for my flag. I would rep it gladly, but if I can make a butt out of the three blue stripes for shits and giggles, I would.

Does that make me less patriotic of being Puertorican? No. Fuck no. I am utterly proud of being a guy raised in a place that can't even get internet to this very day and is just a dirt road out of pure lazyness and surrounded by horses and chickens shitting all over it.

My island is currently a living nightmare. I would give life and limb to drop every debt, drop my car, tell my boss to fuck off and leave to go chop trees in the dark just to be with my loved ones. That's something to truly care about. People. Lives. That are in jeopardy. That are suffering. Same goes for those football players who feel lives are in jeopardy and are doing what they can to get people to notice. And they are doing it in the most passive way they can. There's no marches that result in violence here. There's no casualties. Just people getting butthurt over an object and a song. Could they even tell you the lyrics to the Star Spangled Banner? Because I sure as hell can't. But does that make me some anti-American disrespect-monger?

But they complain about a knee. Which is in fact, a show of respect in every other context. Or do you not take a knee or two in front of royalty? "Oh noes, peace, get it away~!"