View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 12:24 PM
Let me show ya somethin!!!
Million Dollar Champion

Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...Fire Marshall Bill is getting some looks on Smackdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Henessey View Post
Baby Driver- 10/10

I didn't want to buy into the hype for this one, and I wasn't sure about Ansel Elgort. In The Divergent films his character comes off as this rigid and inept buffoon, but Elgort showed a lot of potential here as Baby. He really nails the character, playing this cool and smooth getaway driver, and the casting is just great here. Everyone from Jamie Foxx to Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Lily James, and Eliza Gonzalez were perfect fits for their respective characters.

Baby Driver maintains some excellent tension from start to finish, with a lot of good close calls, and Edgar Wright's interweaving with the music and the chase scenes works as a two for one punch. One of the better soundtracks to listen to, working with Baby's character, his choices, his mood and his mindset. Laughs, thrills, and stylish action from Edgar Wright, Baby Driver is just a lot of fun, and it's definitely one of 2017's best films.
I was wondering if anyone was ever going to review this movie on here. This was just a fun movie. Sure the plot is pretty cliche - main protagonist is strong/good at something and gets involved with the wrong people and has to work his way out while still being a good person, etc. I can think of one movie this copies off the top of my head just being on a wrestling forum: The Rundown. Obviously this one has a love story along with it, which does further add tension.

All that aside, it's still a really good movie. Even with the story being retold another time, the characters get you invested. Each one adds their own flair to the movie. They're all colorful in their own way. Let's face it, Kevin Spacey pretty much just has to play Kevin Spacey to make it work. But the other characters all make you want to see what's going to happen. And you're just waiting for things to explode with Jamie Foxx, which makes how everything plays out that much better, at least for me.

I'm not sure I'd go 10/10, but I'd go at least 9. I'd recommend this movie to anyone. Even if you're just into mindless action flicks, the driving scenes alone are worth a watch.

As an aside, it seems to me that since GOTG came out, more movies are being conscious about how their soundtrack can add to the overall experience. This movie, like GOTG, used it as a plot device.
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote