View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 04:48 PM
WZCW Grand Slam &
ECW Champion

El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...El Killjoy is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstuff View Post
I don't really pay attention to either, but I voted Apter purely because of how much Meltzer/Alvarez irritate me. I do catch the odd snippet of Meltzer's podcast on YouTube and my god, this guy is the king of dumbass smarks.

Him talking about the Enzo Amore heel turn on Raw last night is a perfect example of him pushing his opinion as fact (as others have said). An unbiased commenter would've likely spoke on how Enzo brings new levels of interest to the generic flippy Cruiserweight division, but nope, Meltzer chose to focus on how Enzo was "burying" the entire division (like a fking bad guy), wasn't getting "Stone COld level pops", and the whole thing was apparently the worst CW segment ever.

Dude should stick to making up news stories and leave the analysis/commentary to people that actually have a clue what they're talking about. Stone Cold should've been a 3rd option in this poll. His podcast stands head and shoulders above all others in terms of educated opinion and unbiased reviews.
Yeah. I mean it's not like he's been doing this for 30 years or something. It's not like wrestlers constantly go to him for opinions and other concerns. Yeah. He clearly doesn't know what he's on about.

Also, funny that he says Enzo burries the division, then a day later the Nielsen Ratings report that well over half a million tuned out of the segment. But nah, he don't know his stuff. Clearly. Smackdown and 205 drew less than 3000 this week, but nah. Enzo is a draw. That there Meltz don't know what he on about.

An unbiased opinion does not exist. Under any circumstance. Ever. There is always something in your head that pushes you to have an opinion in the first place and there is always a message that you want to get across. There's a level of biased to that.

I'm a wrestling journalist for wrestling in Puerto Rico...... well, before tragedy struck anyway. What Meltzer does, works. If your word is strong enough, the people that work the business do in fact reflect on your opinion and gives them a sense of conscience about the viewer looking in. Behind or away from the curtain. Maybe you don't like his work, but you have to be an utter fool to think he's a "dumbass".

While I respect Apter, Meltzer and Alvarez are what I've modeled my work on and I've seen the fruit of the labor, so I gotta go with Big Dave.