I'm Loving This Feud!
By this feud, I mean the feud between Global Champion Eli Drake and Johnny Mundo. Now I may be biased here because both of them are two of my favorites in this promotion. But still Let's recall what happened.
- Johnny Mundo defeats Low Ki in a hard fought No. 1 contender match.
- Eli Drake comes out on the ramp and distracts Johnny Mundo.
- Chris Adonis, Drake's lackey, lays out Mundo while the latter was distracted.
- Eli Drake takes his time and easily lays out Mundo.
- Johnny Mundo is angry, as he should be, with Eli Drake for the actions last week.
- He opens the show and dares Eli Drake to fight him for the title on that day itself.
- Instead of Eli, KM comes out and Johnny Mundo puts up his No. 1 contendership against KM.
- Mundo easily defeats KM.
- Mundo keeps looking out for Eli Drake backstage although Eli Drake seems to be in Mexico.
- Mundo puts up his No. 1 contendership again against the Texano, thus pulling off a double duty.
- Mundo defeats him to retain his No. 1 contendership.
- On other hand, Drake is in Mexico, pretending as if he's there to find Mundo.
- Drake easily retains the Global Championship in Mexico.
- Victory Road. Johnny Mundo faces Eli Drake for the title.
Simple yet feels so effective. Makes you root for the face in Mundo who doesn't back away from fighting fair and square after getting wronged by Drake via a heel tactic. Makes you root against Drake for running away from his challenger for his own safety. Also, makes you commend Mundo for proving his credentials and thus the No. 1 contendership twice in a single night. Also, Drake defending in Mexico keeps him away from any physical altercation with Mundo which was inevitable if he was present. I'm rooting for Mundo to defeat Drake now.
So what more should I expect. I guess nothing. This is what the feud intended to convey. To make me root for the face against the heel. So, I really love this feud. It has been ideally good for me.
How about you?
P.S: I'm loving that the crowd is chanting for Johnny. I may be wrong but the chants are rare in IMPACT Zone these days.