View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 03:46 PM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...

As Max pointed out, there will be complaints and criticisms no matter what WWE does; WWE will get criticized for something by some fans who'd let the same thing slide if it went down in ROH or the indie scene as a whole as that's just the way it is. That constant barrage of negativity is part of the downside of WWE's success because it makes WWE such an easy and convenient target. As a fan, I'm guilty of this sometimes as well and I often don't really realize I do it until it's already done, though if you're able or even willing to step back and try to look at things objectively, then you can sometimes see why WWE went one direction rather than the other. I sometimes can't help but laugh whenever I hear someone say that WWE needs to be more like ROH or New Japan in this way or that way and even if I do happen to agree, it's an opinion that's rendered nonsensical by the fact that WWE may very well bring in more money than every other active wrestling promotion in the world combined. Their nearest competition, New Japan, took in around $30-$32 million in revenue last year while WWE did some $730+ million last year? So yeah...when your revenue is some 22 times that of what's considered to be your nearest competition, you don't need to operate like they do as you're obviously doing something right.

If Asuka is sort of brought back down to Earth, WWE will catch heat but WWE will catch heat from some fans if she gets a mega push. For me personally, if putting the title on Asuka is the end to the game of hot potato that's plagued the Raw Women's Championship almost since its creation, then that's just fine with me.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote