View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 12:23 AM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Baby Driver- 10/10

I didn't want to buy into the hype for this one, and I wasn't sure about Ansel Elgort. In The Divergent films his character comes off as this rigid and inept buffoon, but Elgort showed a lot of potential here as Baby. He really nails the character, playing this cool and smooth getaway driver, and the casting is just great here. Everyone from Jamie Foxx to Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, Lily James, and Eliza Gonzalez were perfect fits for their respective characters.

Baby Driver maintains some excellent tension from start to finish, with a lot of good close calls, and Edgar Wright's interweaving with the music and the chase scenes works as a two for one punch. One of the better soundtracks to listen to, working with Baby's character, his choices, his mood and his mindset. Laughs, thrills, and stylish action from Edgar Wright, Baby Driver is just a lot of fun, and it's definitely one of 2017's best films.

The Upcoming Weekend

Box Office Mojo.com's predictions have It debuting at #1 in the week to week charts to end three consecutive weeks at #1 for The Hitman's Bodyguard. It is expected to debut with an estimated $85,000,000 for the weekend, the movie has an 88% on Rotten Tomatoes, and I can't wait to see it.

I always take praise from authors, actors, actresses, and directors for an upcoming film with a handful of salt, because a. they're trying to hype up the movie, and b. more often than not, you have to believe they're not going to be 100% honest or completely shit on a movie, when they're receiving a big paycheck for it. But Stephen King is a straight-shooter, and he doesn't hold back. It's no secret he pretty much hates Kubrick's The Shining, a praised horror classic, and he's not going to bite his tongue, if he doesn't like something. I heard this on a podcast, but apparently, King has 100% creative control and final say on all of his adaptations after The Shining, so he's very hands on with everything.

Home Again is one of the other wide releases for the weekend, but I'm really not interested in watching another forgettable romantic comedy starring Reese Witherspoon.

Upcoming Films:

9/8: It
9/8: Home Again
9/8: 9/11
9/8: Anti Matter (straight-to-video/streaming)
9/8: Fallen (limited)