View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 05:11 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default Asuka Vacates NXT Women's Championship; Heading To The Main Roster

There's a story on WWE.com announcing that Asuka formally vacated the NXT Women's Championship at the end of last night's NXT tapings. The segment was announced as airing on the September 6th episode of NXT and that day will mark the official end of her run at 523 days as NXT Women's Champion. With the exception of the WWE Championship reigns of Bruno Sammartino, Pedro Morales, Bob Backlund and Hulk Hogan's 1st run, Asuka is recognized as the longest WWE affiliated champion of any type in company history. There've been more than a couple of rewrites of WWE title history; for instance, when the WWF Light Heavyweight Championship was loaned out and used in New Japan and Mexico's UWA during the 80s and 90s, Villano III, Pegasus Kid (BKA Chris Benoit) and El Signo had reigns lasting 826 days, 560 days and 563 days respectively. However, no run prior to WWE's reclamation of the title in 1997 is recognized by the company. Still, it's an impressive accomplishment.

Asuka is currently out nursing a collar bone injury she suffered at TakeOver: Brooklyn and will be out an estimated 6 to 8 weeks. Asuka leaves NXT undefeated and it's a logical assumption that the reason why they didn't have her drop the title to Ember Moon is that they want to milk Asuka being undefeated for a good long while on the main roster. Exactly where she's going isn't known right now but it's mentioned that she & William Regal have "begun negotiations" with Raw and SmackDown. My gut reaction is that Asuka goes to Raw, though I think that has more to do with the lingering perception of Raw still being the A show than anything else. However, both brands have their share of worthy opponents as Raw has Sasha Banks, Bayley, Nia Jax and Alexa Bliss while SmackDown has Charlotte, Naomi, Natalya and Becky Lynch.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote