View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 05:18 PM
The voice of Michael Cole's headset
WWE Diva's Champion

therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...therockiswwf worked a dark match on ECW recently...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ヒュー G. レックション View Post
Quality or quantity I suppose. Bryan can't wrestle now but he always had better matches than Miz, and was more over than he ever will be. So I suppose for the fans Strong Style is good but for the wrestlers themselves not so much...

Hiromu Takahashi is my favourite cruiserweight currently because his style is so unique and completely suicidal. The way he wrestles, I can't imagine him having a long career. But he is no doubt aware of this. Shibata was too. Would these two have been as successful if they didn't wrestle like that? They needed sacrifice for success.

Ultimately for me it helps the suspension of disbelief... There's nothing like hitting each other than... Actually hitting each other. Brawling in WWE is boring and a chore to watch because it looks so fake. In New Japan it is so much more enthralling. Shibata vs Okada was a 40 minute match revolving around brawling and strikes and was incredible. There's no way a match like that in a WWE ring could hold my attention for long. But both wrestlers would probably come out of it unscathed and could wrestle again the next day or the next week. Quantity and quality.

Anyway it seems New Japan won't be changing its ways if last night was any indication. Goto took a full unprotected chair shot to the head.
I think you are looking at it wrong. It is not quality vs quantity but quality of life vs wheelchair. Athletes need to be protected from themselves. Athletes will run themselves through a brick wall if allowed. Humans are not supposed to take that kind of long-term damage. The body will eventually breakdown if they continue to do a stiff style. They might not be aware of how much damage they are doing to themselves and how much trouble they will have later in life. Athletes can be short-sighted. Despite WWE's best efforts, wrestlers still end up in pain after they retire.

Daniel Bryan tried to fight his multiple concussion diagnosis. His wife had to talk him out of leaving WWE and wrestling again. He also had to be talked into revealing his concussion that led to him retiring. Bryan had to be protected from himself. NJPW needs to learn that. Being tough and fighting through things is dumb. There is a difference between fighting through bruises and fighting through injuries/destroying your body.

Bret Hart always complained about moves like the knife edge chops. Reason being they actually hurt. Bret said people forgot wrestling is only supposed to look like it hurts. It is not supposed to actually hurt. That is not to say wrestling does not hurt. He meant it as they should keep moves that do hurt to a minimum.
Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote