View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 AM
The Once And Future Lizard King!!!!
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...Jack-Hammer is an Intercontinental Champion...
Default The Roderick Strong "Documentary"

This past Wednesday's episode of NXT saw the first part of a mini documentary in which Strong talks about his troubled childhood, his father's drinking, his mother's drug addiction, etc. along with a visit to Strong's childhood home.

While it only lasted about 5 minutes or so, it was extremely well done, genuinely emotional and probably accomplished more in those 5 minutes than months worth of in-ring promos could in establishing who Strong is. Now while this obviously isn't something that can be done with every wrestler, this makes me wonder why we don't see things like this go down on the main roster? It has such an organic and legitimately real quality to it that I couldn't help but feel that this is something that could really rally fans around a babyface. I think the 2nd part of this little mini documentary is supposed to air next week on NXT and it has me wondering if this is the first step to ultimately pushing Strong towards becoming NXT Champion a little bit down the road.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif Reply With Quote