View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 05:27 PM
Torn between Rooney & Kate Mara
WWE Champion

Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...Mitch Henessey is being held back by Triple H...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Marshall Bill View Post
American Reunion or Predators anyone? Though Predators is a little different as it tried to be original while using a lot of nostalgia thrown in.
Good examples. I mean, after they released all those atrocious and unbearable straight-to-video American Pie films, American Reunion felt like an Oscar worthy film, and bringing back the heart and soul of the American Pie casts helped a lot. As I said before, Inspector Todd is dead, but you'll still have Murphy coming back. Plus, I can't imagine Judge Reinhold (Rosewood) and John Ashton (Taggart) are doing anything worthwhile these days, so they should be able to come back.

And of course, Predators was a breath of fresh air, because Predator 2 was garbage, and the AVP films were just as bad. So yeah, when you consider Predators and American Reunion, I guess anything's possible.

Quote:
I just don't know how they can be nostalgic to the original film if it's not Rated R. Not to mention, can Eddie Murphy even pull off that kind of character anymore without looking fake as hell?
I'm sure it'll be Rated R. That shouldn't be a big problem (I hope). And if you saw Tower Heist, you can see Murphy is still capable of being the fast-talking smart ass with an attitude. I think the bigger question is, does he still want to be that guy? So if we see modern day Tower Heist Eddie Murphy, I think 4 could be okay. But if wee see Dr. Dolittle, Holy Man, The Haunted Mansion, or The Adventures Of Pluto Nash Eddie Murphy, then I'm sure 4 will be shit. And all this Eddie Murphy talk has reminded how much I hated Vampire In Brooklyn.