View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 AM
WOO!
WCW TV Champion

The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...The Crock is a Television Champion...

I liked the last old school Raw, so I'm sure I'll like this one too. I love all the legend appearances, the retro set, etc. -- it's a nice change of pace to break up the regular week-to-week grind we usually get with Raw. Still, I'm not entirely sure why they chose to do it now. We're on the road to WrestleMania -- Cena just beat Punk and solidified his position in the main event against The Rock, all the other feuds are largely up in the air -- so they shouldn't have to rely on this type of a gimmick show; the build to WrestleMania should be just about that... WrestleMania. It's a strange choice to run this show now, rather than after WrestleMania when there's generally a downturn in terms if quality.

All that being said, maybe WWE's strange choice of placement with this show is strategic: They're pushing the old school Raw with commercials pretty hard, and I wouldn't doubt that some old viewers will tune in to see it. If WWE manages to mix up some build-up to WrestleMania in the midst of all nostalgia, I'm sure they're hoping it'll be enough to capture some extra viewers on the way to WrestleMania. That wouldn't be a bad idea.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited for this show, even if it's a bit strange to have it in the middle of WrestleMania season. It should be fun.