View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:54 PM
I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
WWE Women's Champion

Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...Papa Pillman worked a dark match on ECW recently...

I think we have entered a new age in how the WWE will create its future top line talent.

Yes it will still be done at times how the WWE has often done it in the past.

A few second/third generation guys, and other guys with family ties who get there first real exposure with the business as WWE developmental talents will end up making it as stars, some strong current possibilities being: Bray Wyatt, Roman Reigns, and Joe Hennig.

And the occasional guy who fits the "WWE mold" will get brought in practically off the street and given a chance to fulfill Vince's vision that "you can't teach size or a look but anyone can be taught to wrestle" and become a star, a good current example being: Big E. Langston.

But mostly I think you are seeing the WWE gravititate toward the more logical means of bringing in the stars of the future, that being- scout the indies and find all the young guys that are out there who are transcendent and sign them to developmental, teach them the WWE way, and then put them in a position to get over for a national audience the same way they got over in gyms, armory's, union halls, etc.

Chris Jericho once said (paraphrasing) that whether you are performing in front of a few fans or a few thousand, getting yourself over is still getting yourself over, that is a trait that translates.

That is why we are seeing WWE go out and sign so many more of the top guys on the indy circuit. Even guys who don't seem to fit their physical mold like PAC or El Generico for example.

Along with the transition to HHH being in charge, plus the success that huge name indy stars like Punk and Bryan have had, we are likely to see a change in the way the WWE looks at who they will peg as their future stars.

Therefore, I think that the trend will be that the most talented and complete independent guys who they bring in will end up being the biggest names in the company down the line. The first two best examples being Moxley and Black, both of whom I would wager on heavily to be multiple time future world champions. Claudio also fits this mold, and I think he will also win world titles. And there will be more who come through the pipeline eventually who aren't even signed yet; for example a guy like Adam Cole who is supremely talented and is at the top of the indy circuit right now despite being only 22 years old.