View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 PM

Master JM is looking to come up from OCW...Master JM is looking to come up from OCW...

Several guys are on the cusp of breaking the glass ceiling and becoming big time players. In fact, this might very well be the year of the next generation - but then again, us internet fans say that nearly every year. Nevertheless, these are the people who, in my opinion, are going to become the next big stars in WWE.

Wade Barrett - The perfect burly look, a good promo voice, and a great moveset. The current Intercontinental Champion has been one of my favourites for a while, and he is, without a doubt, a future World Champ.

Antonio Cesaro - Christ, I love this guy. Manages to pull off a gimmick that has been beaten to death over the years and is excelling with it. He has one of the most hard-hitting styles in wrestling and is one of the strongest guys on the roster. That's perfect jerk-off material for Vince McMahon, so I can't picture Cesaro going anywhere except up.

Damien Sandow - Cody Rhodes has been boring me to death recently, but Sandow is playing that educated and eloquent egomaniac perfectly, making for extremely entertaining television. And everyone knows that if you can entertain, you can succeed. He is perfectly solid in the ring, too.

Dolph Ziggler - I don't like Dolph Ziggler. I've tried to bring myself to be a fan many times, but the man simply does nothing for me - he sounds like I did when I was 14 years old and isn't the best worker on the planet. I rarely let my personal bias get in the way of fact, however, and the fact is this: Zolph Diggler is going to be a star, and his performance in the Royal Rumble will undoubtedly be great. It's just a matter of when with him, as that briefcase is a near-guaranteed WHC run.

The Shield - One of the strongest debuts in recent memory and a not too shabby 1-0 record in matches. I'm not going to talk a lot about these guys, but rest assured that they will turn out to be something good.

I thought about listing Daniel Bryan, Alberto Del Rio and The Miz, but these guys are pretty well established already.

Many other stars were not listed because of one of three reasons:
A. I don't see them as big players.
B. They suck.
C. They're Divas. No Diva can be a big star in 2013.
sendpm.gif