View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:00 AM
Rib or chop? Loin or shank?
WWE Women's Champion

The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...The Butcher is getting some looks on Smackdown...

I'm with those that call for it to be scrapped. It was bad for a long time, and now it's just superfluous. The matches don't serve anyone well, the ladies have nothing to work with storyline-wise, and the one Diva that's over, AJ, is more a valet than a wrestler anyway.

WWE needs to scorch the Earth and start over. AJ Lee is the only certified keeper in the bunch, for my money. Aksana, Rosa, Cameron and Layla are great for filling out the months on the Divas calendar, but none of them garners any kind of a reaction above the waist. Tamina, Alicia, Naomi, and especially Natalya are athletic and would be fine contenders in a real women's division, but are poorly utilized.

I'd hate to once again be accused of having an opinion on a talent before they can show off all of their amazing skills, but I've never thought much of Kaitlyn. She's got a pretty face, but her build is stumpy and boxy. Her in-ring skills are passable, but that's about it. Whatever charisma she has must not translate through the television. If she gets over to remotely the degree that Eve or Kelly were then I'll be impressed.

The NXT girls should be held where they're at while WWE fixes the Divas mess, otherwise they'll just be the latest in the revolving door of interchangeable faces and one-word names.

Known in the UK as "Lord Smoked Meats and Fishes"