View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Smooth As A Prom Queen's Ass
Wrestlezone Hall of Famer

Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...Jack-Hammer is a United States Champion...

Royal Rumble - I expect either Sheamus or Ryback to win this match. I read a report last week talking about how it's possible that WWE will go with Sheamus winning for the 2nd year in a row in order to set up the WHC match for WM. Ryback winning could put him back in contention for the WWE Championship. However, I think Sheamus is far more likely to win. The two scenarios I've read the most buzz about, at least as far as online reports go, involve either Cena vs. Rock for the WWE Championship if Rock takes the strap at the Rumble or Punk defending against The Undertaker if he retains at the Rumble. At this point in time, either of those are much bigger money matches than having Ryback challenge for the WWE Championship again so soon. So, I'm going with Sheamus.

Money in the Bank - I think Wade Barrett has a great shot at winning this. He was scheduled to win MITB this past WM but his injury kept him out of it, so WWE decided to scrap MITB at WM and keep the MITB ppv. I have a feeling that MITB will return at WM and the ppv will be done with. As a result, they'll go back to a single briefcase winner.

King of the Ring - If they do this next year, which I'd MUCH rather see than the Slammy Awards, then it's pretty wide open. There are a lot of potential guys that could take this including members of The Shield, Ryback, Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Antonio Cesaro, Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, either one of the PTPs, Kane, etc.

What I'd change: Royal Rumble - The Royal Rumble is one of the few old school traditions left in wrestling. The Rumble is also WWE's second highest drawing ppv of the year. It generally draws anywhere from 450,000 to 500,000 buys a year. So it's obviously still quite popular and the Rumble match is anticipated each year. So I don't think I'd change anything.

What I'd change: Money in the Bank - I think it's time to put MITB back at WM, do away with the ppv and have a single MITB winner. Having just one winner who can challenge for either the WHC or WWE Championship adds an extra little bit of unpredictability to things.

What I'd change: King of the Ring - As for King of the Ring, I'd honestly do away with the corny crown & cape bit. It just doesn't fit in this day and age. The WWE could make KOTR feel like something meaningful with just a few tweaks. Personally, what I'd do is that I'd create a KOTR championship belt for the winner, sort of an honorary title, but one that WWE could use as part of a year long build of the winner. The winner of KOTR will carry the title with him and as an added bonus of winning, he'll get a WWE or World Heavyweight Championship match on the night of the next KOTR tournament. If the WWE wants to incorporate crows and thrones and capes, just have some put onto the title. This wouldn't mean that the KOTR wouldn't lose some matches sometimes or possibly be in other title feuds prior to having his World Championship match on the night of the next KOTR tournament.
Rush In And Die Dogs - I Was A Man Before I Was King."

Conan Of Cimmeria
sendpm.gif