View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 AM
One-Winged Warblade of Mystra
Undisputed WWE Champion

Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...Dagger Dias is a United States Champion...
Send a message via ICQ to Dagger Dias Send a message via AIM to Dagger Dias Send a message via MSN to Dagger Dias Send a message via Yahoo to Dagger Dias Send a message via Skype™ to Dagger Dias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Always Me View Post
How about having Raw live on Monday on the USA network and Smackdown live on Thursday, also on the USA network. Then Syfy has a re-run of Raw 24 hours later on Tuesday and a re-run of Smackdown 24 hours later on Friday?
I don't think that's a good idea. Having a rerun for either Raw or Smackdown is going to mean less people watching it. More people are likely to watch Raw knowing the particular day and time each week that they are able to. If the option to watch a rerun later in the week were in place, monday's viewership would drop significantly and people would have results available if they did not watch. Say you missed monday's edition. Then you go read the results. How likely are you to watch the rerun now? Viewership would go down if they did reruns.

The same is said for Smackdown even if they went live. Live Smackdown editions should either be on tuesdays when they tape it, or moving the tapings to fridays since that is the day most already associate with the blue brand. It would be a pain for WWE to move their tapings so I see live editions on tuesdays being a much more likely option. That eliminates the risk of fans electing to not watch after reading spoilers. It's a nice idea, although I doubt viewership would increase for either show, which should be the priority. I do like the idea of them both being on the USA network if that were to happen, at least. Part of why Smackdown is the most viewed show on Sy-Fy is because there really isn't much on there that most people would want to watch. Then there's also the issue of if people watched it on USA live, why watch a rerun on Sy-Fy? Too many issues for these ideas to work.

"And that's the bottom line, because DAGGER DIAS said so!"
sendpm.gif