View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 10:10 AM
Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
Undisputed WWE Champion

IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...IrishCanadian25 is going to make some noise in the Royal Rumble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Murfish View Post
I'm not too versed in the subject of becoming a better poster
Understatement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Murfish View Post
I disagree with IC25. Use vocab that you feel comfortable with. If you try to use big words that you don't have a firm grasp on you may come off as a pseudo-intellectual which has a worse effect than using more simplistic diction.
Murfish also brings up a great point - make sure you READ what you are responding to. For example, Murfish is now saying that he disagrees with me. But what may confuse you is exactly WHAT he is disagreeing with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC25
As for becoming "known" for something, I was known as the poster with the crazy vocabulary. The vocab words I use on WZ (epitome, harkens, harbinger, personifies, etc.) all kinda highlighted my posts.
What you'll notice is that, in this original post, NO WHERE did I actually suggest to new posters that they use huge vocab words to get over. Never once. I said that it was one thing I have done to highlight / create uniqueness in my posts.

So, Murfish has disagreed with a statement I never made, all because he responded without reading or comprehending my statement. As a result, he's been pwned in this thread and red repped for his efforts. I think he's done a great job of providing a demonstration of what not to do. Thank you, Murfish!
sendpm.gif