WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   World Wrestling Entertainment (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Let's Get It Out Of The Way (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=337955)

Wildcat66 09-26-2017 08:33 AM

Let's Get It Out Of The Way

Unless if there happens to be a last moment change of plans, Roman Reigns is going to be facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 34. That has been the plan for months now and I see no signs of it changing.

And honestly, I think it's time to just get it over with. It's clear WWE has wanted to do this since WrestleMania 31, and this time: It looks like there's no budging them. If they want to do it, let them. Get it out of the system and have hem have their big epic match where Roman slays the Beast.

Am I saying that you shouldn't be disappointed or upset about this possibility, absolutely not. You should be free to feel whatever you want on this situation; but in the end, there are some things that are inevitable and sometimes all but unavoidable. This is one of those times.

On the plus side: If they do this match at WrestleMania 34, they'll likely never have them fight again; so there's that.

King Patrick Star 09-26-2017 09:33 AM

What the WWE wants to do, and what the WWE Universe wants to see, can very well be 2 different things. That has always been the case since the beginning. With WWE's 50 / 50 booking, I agree with them half the time. They should do something a little more creative. How about this??

Triple Threat Elimination WWE Universal Championship Title match
WWE Universal Champion, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. the Undertaker

I’d have the Undertaker pin both Lesnar and Reigns to get his WrestleMania loses back, and on the following Raw, retire as Universal Champion.

steven87gill 09-26-2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat66 (Post 5748699)
Unless if there happens to be a last moment change of plans, Roman Reigns is going to be facing Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 34. That has been the plan for months now and I see no signs of it changing.

And honestly, I think it's time to just get it over with. It's clear WWE has wanted to do this since WrestleMania 31, and this time: It looks like there's no budging them. If they want to do it, let them. Get it out of the system and have hem have their big epic match where Roman slays the Beast.

Am I saying that you shouldn't be disappointed or upset about this possibility, absolutely not. You should be free to feel whatever you want on this situation; but in the end, there are some things that are inevitable and sometimes all but unavoidable. This is one of those times.

On the plus side: If they do this match at WrestleMania 34, they'll likely never have them fight again; so there's that.

Pretty much this, I haven't personally watched WWE in nearly two years because of the direction the company is taking, but I wish they'd just get this shit over with. I mean it ultimately don't mean fuck anyway since they de facto gave Goldberg the streak rub by having him be the first one to beat Lesnar (in a squash, no less)

I mean who really cares if Roman becomes the 'second ever guy' to beat Lesnar? :shrug:

Jack-Hammer 09-26-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven87gill (Post 5748709)
I mean who really cares if Roman becomes the 'second ever guy' to beat Lesnar? :shrug:

Well, technically he'd be t he fifth seeing as how Cena, Triple H and Undertaker all hold wins over him. In the case of Cena and Triple H, it was during the time before this formula of invincibility was adopted; what I mean by that is those matches happened before Lesnar was being fed modern stars in what amounted to squash matches. In Taker's case, it came about because he's Taker and even then, the victory was marred due to Taker tapping out and then delivering a low blow to Lesnar.

Vince McMahon, if nobody else, is dead set on making Roman Reigns as close to being the next John Cena as he possibly can. That means that it's going to happen even if every other executive was against it and no matter if the entire locker room is against it; despite WWE being a publicly traded company, Vince McMahon is really the only person in the company with real power and he's structured the company's corporate workings just for that purpose. He wants Roman Reigns to be the true, bottom line top guy in the company and he will as long as he remains healthy, doesn't do/say anything to embarrass the company and/or as long as Vince is still CEO.

If we're going to get competitive matches for the Universal Championship right up until Lesnar drops it, then that makes the whole thing a lot easier for me. It wasn't watching Lesnar win against all these modern guys that bothered me so much as it was Lesnar flat out destroying them as though they were no threat whatsoever that got my goat. If they keep going with Lesnar actually having to strive and struggle to retain the title, then I can live with him holding it until WrestleMania but if they wind up reverting to form, then I'll stop watching Lesnar title matches.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did revert to form with Lesnar as a means of making Reigns' victory seem all that more monumental. It's common knowledge how much Vince loves alpha male booking scenarios, so having Lesnar go back to destroying his challengers without ever really looking vulnerable just so Reigns can come out on top is something I could see happening. Next week, Reigns faces Miz for the IC title and I can see Reigns winning the title and holding it just so Vince can have him make history as the first simultaneous Universal and Intercontinental Champion.

I have a feeling Vince is going to go all out in order to make Reigns' eventual triumph look like something epic but that it won't come off that way in the eyes of most people. An epic moment was Bryan's triumph at WrestleMania XXX, an epic moment is Taker, Triple H and & HBK embracing after the HIAC match at WrestleMania XXVIII. These are moments in which many fans were thinking along the lines of "OMG, that was amazing!!!" In the case of Roman's eventual conquest of the Beast, I'd say the sentiment is more "Well, it's gonna happen so that's all there is to it."

Y 2 Jake 09-26-2017 03:51 PM

Does it matter? It'll be the last match of a 6 hour plus card. Everybody will have switched off by then. It's not it'll finish and then something monumental will happen, like Undertaker laying his attire in the ring, to pull people back for the close of the show.

wrestlingmasters55 09-26-2017 04:18 PM

Personally, i don't mind that match as the main event at mania like so many other do because i actually like their match a couple of years back and now that Reigns as gotten better in the ring and on the mic, i'm really intrigue about how good this match can actually be. Plus out of all the option they have for Lesnar at this point, this is the one that makes the most sense because no offense to The smaller guys, but i don'T see Lesnar selling for a finn balor or a seth rollins like he would for somebody like Reigns. Plus the other options they have are either Joe or Strowman and after seeing those matches at great balls of fire and no mercy respectively, i not really interested in seeing a rematch with either one.

The only thing i would do maybe different if i was WWE is have Reigns be part of the Shield before going after Lesnar for the title. Those three we're always more popular as a faction then as seperate. Have Reigns go one on one with Lesnat and maybe near the end have the shield come out to distract Lesnar and that'S we're reigns spear Lesnar to win the title.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. 09-26-2017 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King Patrick Star (Post 5748705)
What the WWE wants to do, and what the WWE Universe wants to see, can very well be 2 different things. That has always been the case since the beginning. With WWE's 50 / 50 booking, I agree with them half the time. They should do something a little more creative. How about this??

Triple Threat Elimination WWE Universal Championship Title match
WWE Universal Champion, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. the Undertaker

Id have the Undertaker pin both Lesnar and Reigns to get his WrestleMania loses back, and on the following Raw, retire as Universal Champion.

That would be so damn good. Have Reigns vs Lesnar happen at Survivor Series or The Rumble. And while they're going for a rematch at Wrestlemania, add Undertaker to the mix.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. 09-26-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer (Post 5748763)
Well, technically he'd be t he fifth seeing as how Cena, Triple H and Undertaker all hold wins over him. In the case of Cena and Triple H, it was during the time before this formula of invincibility was adopted; what I mean by that is those matches happened before Lesnar was being fed modern stars in what amounted to squash matches. In Taker's case, it came about because he's Taker and even then, the victory was marred due to Taker tapping out and then delivering a low blow to Lesnar.

Vince McMahon, if nobody else, is dead set on making Roman Reigns as close to being the next John Cena as he possibly can. That means that it's going to happen even if every other executive was against it and no matter if the entire locker room is against it; despite WWE being a publicly traded company, Vince McMahon is really the only person in the company with real power and he's structured the company's corporate workings just for that purpose. He wants Roman Reigns to be the true, bottom line top guy in the company and he will as long as he remains healthy, doesn't do/say anything to embarrass the company and/or as long as Vince is still CEO.

If we're going to get competitive matches for the Universal Championship right up until Lesnar drops it, then that makes the whole thing a lot easier for me. It wasn't watching Lesnar win against all these modern guys that bothered me so much as it was Lesnar flat out destroying them as though they were no threat whatsoever that got my goat. If they keep going with Lesnar actually having to strive and struggle to retain the title, then I can live with him holding it until WrestleMania but if they wind up reverting to form, then I'll stop watching Lesnar title matches.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did revert to form with Lesnar as a means of making Reigns' victory seem all that more monumental. It's common knowledge how much Vince loves alpha male booking scenarios, so having Lesnar go back to destroying his challengers without ever really looking vulnerable just so Reigns can come out on top is something I could see happening. Next week, Reigns faces Miz for the IC title and I can see Reigns winning the title and holding it just so Vince can have him make history as the first simultaneous Universal and Intercontinental Champion.

I have a feeling Vince is going to go all out in order to make Reigns' eventual triumph look like something epic but that it won't come off that way in the eyes of most people. An epic moment was Bryan's triumph at WrestleMania XXX, an epic moment is Taker, Triple H and & HBK embracing after the HIAC match at WrestleMania XXVIII. These are moments in which many fans were thinking along the lines of "OMG, that was amazing!!!" In the case of Roman's eventual conquest of the Beast, I'd say the sentiment is more "Well, it's gonna happen so that's all there is to it."

The only epic thing they could do is have Reigns squash Lesnar. But that's already happened with Goldberg so Reigns will just have to face and overcome Lesnar now and the finale will be an OK Wrestlemania moment. Something like Cena vs Batista from WM 26.

Jack-Hammer 09-27-2017 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. (Post 5748805)
The only epic thing they could do is have Reigns squash Lesnar. But that's already happened with Goldberg so Reigns will just have to face and overcome Lesnar now and the finale will be an OK Wrestlemania moment. Something like Cena vs Batista from WM 26.

Well yeah, but they can easily spin that just as they sorta tried to do during the Lesnar vs. Strowman match at No Mercy. At one point, while Lesnar was being dominated, Cole brought up that only Goldberg had been this dominant against Lesnar but said something to the effect that it was more to do with Lesnar being surprised and unprepared. That wasn't exactly what Cole said, but it was along those lines; they didn't come right out and claim Goldberg's win was a fluke but it was kinda sorta implied.

bjarvis 09-27-2017 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack-Hammer (Post 5748763)
Next week, Reigns faces Miz for the IC title and I can see Reigns winning the title and holding it just so Vince can have him make history as the first simultaneous Universal and Intercontinental Champion.

I don't see this happening at all.

I see Miz looking like he'll lose, Miztourage beating down Reigns, to set up Miz & Miztourage vs. The Shield at TLC.