WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   The Wrestling Archives (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The Eve/Heel-Turn Angle (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=206314)

D-Man 02-21-2012 10:02 AM

The Eve/Heel-Turn Angle

Last night, Raw opened with Eve's foot being shoved in her mouth as she was caught in the act of using superstars such as John Cena and Zack Ryder in order to further her career in the WWE.

We've all heard for a while that the WWE was going to take a stab at Eve Torres heel-turn. However considering that she's been a major player in the recent angle involving Kane, Cena, and Ryder, we saw a major Divas angle open the Raw broadcast for the first time in... well... possibly EVER.

Being that Eve's turn is directly associated with the major players of the Raw Supershow, she's instantly been transformed into a heel not only on paper, but she seemed to really tug at the audiences emotional strings last night. For a long time, many other posters like myself felt that involving Divas with major male-players on Raw or Smackdown could do wonders for the division. Finally, the WWE is taking a stab at this.

Even though it's still in its infantile stages, do you think the WWE will continue to involve Eve with Ryder and Cena? Can this lead to more attention being put on the Divas division in the form of using the proven-successful main event card as a conduit for success? Or will the WWE follow their normal stride and toss everything into the shitter?

Let's discuss the angle here. And please, NO SPAMMING!

Noticeably F.A.T. 02-21-2012 10:09 AM

I didn't see the point. Maybe creative has some plans for her, say, having a Diva go after Eve because she wants Ryder or something. I don't know.

I just see it as a way to switch up the dynamic of the weekly 6 woman tag matches. Now we can put Eve with the Bellas against Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox, and... whoever else is around. That's inevitably going to be the outcome.

prush80 02-21-2012 10:34 AM

I liked it, I thought EVE did a good job. So here is what I see playing out: Eve will will not lose as a heel diva. Kharma will debut on the Smackdown side, getting in a feud with The Glamazon. Then, possibly at Royal Rumble. Kharma and Eve;s paths will cross setting up a match at Mania 29. Simple formula, but proven that it works

HeenanGorilla 02-21-2012 10:36 AM

I think this is a move to try to get Eve a movie role. They have zoomed in on her "real tears" several times and for WAY TOO LONG a time on recent shows. Maybe they want her to star in Marine 17 or some other WWE movie. I think she is nice to look at, but her acting is BRUTALLY awful. Or she's a psycho...there were some seeds planted there as well. The aggressive try for a kiss last night and the extended crying....which came from nothing. She is either a psycho or an awful actress. My money is on both.

Trevez 02-21-2012 10:40 AM

I really have no clue where Vince/HHH are going with this story. I thought the start of RAW was very weird last night with Eve talking to the Bella's saying that she was using Zack Ryder and John Cena.
I am now more confused than ever! When Zack Ryder comes back will it be like it never happened? Has all the stuff to do with Kane gone to her head and made her crazy? Really no idea but interested in where it is going

RKOrob 02-21-2012 10:46 AM

I really don't know where they're going with this. The whole idea of a diva using the male superstars to get to the top is a great storyline but they've blown her cover straight away, so there doesn't seem to be anywhere else for the storyline to go. It's a case of bad timing really, cause they can't throw a Cena/Eve storyline into the works with wrestlemania coming up.

hatehabsforever 02-21-2012 10:47 AM

I thought the execution of the angle was a little bit odd. Last night was really the first even hint of a heel turn by Eve. Sure, we had her interaction with Cena last week out by the ambulance, but that wasn't a heel turn. Only tonight, when she started insulting Ryder, talking of using Cena, and just generally acting like a bitch, would I call it a heel turn. And literally 2 minutes later, she gets busted, and called out in the ring by Cena. So I'm not really sure where things go from here. If Ryder in on to her, and Cena is on to her, what's her next move?

It would have made more sense to me had we see the bitch side of her, and heard her scheming, without her getting caught. Then we could watch her interaction with Cena and/or Ryder unfold, resulting in her getting caught down the road. She could continue to dupe Cena, likely distracting him from his program with the Rock (it would distract me for sure), only to get busted later. And even then, I'm not sure how much legs this heel turn would have.

I think Nate likely has it right. This is simply shifting the numbers of faces versus heels within the divas division, without much forethought or planning. Kind of an odd way to begin the show, right on the heels of the PPV, especially with so much else on the go on the road to Wrestlemania.

Commander Batpope 02-21-2012 11:01 AM

It was weird the way they started the show. I just felt they could've done better with it, instead of just turning her out of the blue. I'm not sure where they're gonna go with this.

Global Conquest 02-21-2012 11:08 AM

I could certainly see this going the psycho angle. Just throwing herself at Cena and then having a breakdown in the ring kind of points at that. Probably easier for Eve to pull off because she has shown on numerous occasions her inability to display believable emotion. Having her just not in control of her emotions. Lots of crying. Maybe talking to herself. She could probably pull it off and it could at a something interesting to the Divas scene.

Olan 02-21-2012 11:11 AM

I think Eve's heel turn is the best thing to happen for her and the Diva's division in a longtime. She already has more heat than many of the heel male wrestlers.
But what does happen next? With the belief they are building towrd Beth/Kharma for WRESTLEMANIA I don't see Eve winning the title. She can start 'hurting' divas yes but no belt.
I think the interesting thing is who does she recruit? If she is going to 'feud' with Ryder and/or Cena which male wrestler doe she use? She will need a midcarder that is ready for a big push so who will that be: mason Ryan? zeke?