WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   Live Discussions Archives (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=545)
-   -   The Wrestlemania Live Discussion - Come Join the Party! (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=104568)

Turd Ferguson 03-22-2010 02:05 PM

Wrestlemania 26 LD - Oh God, Pass The Kleenex

Note from the Administrator Slyfox: Please be aware that requesting or posting illegal streams to tonight's Wrestlemania is prohibited, as per the rules of the WrestleZone Forums. Doing so will result in disciplinary action. Thank you and enjoy the show!

This is easily the best Wrestlemania card in years. It's also the biggest card the WWE has thrown together in quite some time. This year, the fans are going to get their money's worth. This year's card promises to have four great hours of wrestling with something for everyone. I think this could easily be the best Wrestlemania since Wrestlemania 17, and I can't wait for it.

STREAK VS. CAREER
The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels

At WrestleMania, The Undertaker will put his 17-0 undefeated streak on the line against Shawn Michaels’ storybook career, in a rematch so highly anticipated and potentially explosive that it could only occur on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

At HBK’s request. this much anticipated rematch can only be decided by pinfall or submission. So, no matter what happens, one of these men's fates will be decided.

REQUIRED VIEWING: "RUNNING UP THAT HILL"

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
Batista (c) vs. John Cena

For a brief moment at WWE Elimination Chamber, John Cena was the WWE Champion and as far as he was concerned, order was restored to the WWE Universe, but that was all ripped away from him when Mr. McMahon granted Batista a post-Chamber title match against the battle-worn Champ.

On Raw, in a match pitting Cena against Batista to decide which former champion - Cena or Sheamus - would challenge The Animal at WrestleMania, Cena thought that his fate was in his hands. Batista proved otherwise as he made the choice himself, purposely getting himself disqualified, awarding Cena the WWE Championship confrontation at WrestleMania – as well as a vicious post-match beating with a steel chair.

It’s no surprise the tension is as thick as it is between these two considering what has transpired in recent weeks, both seemingly taking opposite sides in the war waging between Mr. McMahon and WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart. The first shot fired could even be considered the most brutal. Weeks ago, when Raw went off the air, Batista crushed Cena with a vicious Batista Bomb onto the steel ring steps. Only now, it would seem, is The Animal’s motive for the unprovoked assault clear: A main event confrontation at WrestleMania.

REQUIRED VIEWING: BATISTA BEING A DOUCHE

WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Edge

There was a time when Chris Jericho and Edge were close buds, inseparable tag team champions even. But that was before The Rated-R Superstar made the “mistake” of suffering a torn Achilles tendon last summer and spending seven months recuperating from surgery.

Rather than stand by his pal, Jericho turned on Edge before the last of his sutures were even out. The arrogant Superstar claimed that he, not his former partner, was responsible for all the successes they enjoyed. As one might imagine, The Rated-R Superstar seethed from his hospital bed and longed to pay back his fair-weather fiend.

Now, the wait is over. Edge will get his chance on The Grandest Stage of Them All when he challenges Jericho for the World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania.

REQUIRED VIEWING: SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR

NO HOLDS BARRED
Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon

The hemorrhaging of animosity between these two began on Nov. 9, 1997. It was then, at Survivor Series in Montreal, that the then-WWE Champion Hart faced Shawn Michaels as The Chairman looked on at ringside. With the bout underway, HBK locked the “Hit Man” into Hart’s signature submission hold, The Sharpshooter. While Hart never submitted, the referee nonetheless ordered the bell to be rung and the title awarded to Michaels, all of which had been orchestrated by Mr. McMahon.

The “Montreal Screwjob,” as it has henceforth been known, left Hart filled with rage, especially toward The Chairman. For his part, however, Mr. McMahon has made no apologies, almost seeming to revel in his duplicity.

Hart, however, would have his revenge. After staging an auto accident and faking a broken leg, the WWE Hall of Famer tricked Mr. McMahon into agreeing to a No Holds Barred Match. Once the match contract was signed, Hart not only revealed that he was 100 percent healthy, he also took the opportunity to pummel his nemesis with the phony cast. And with just six days remaining until the showdown, The "Hit Man" also let The Chairman know that the Hart family will be in attendance to witness his retribution.

REQUIRED VIEWING: Bret gets his match, thanks to John Cena, who knows everyone.

GRUDGE MATCH
CM Punk vs. Rey Mysterio
*If Rey Mysterio loses, he must join the Straight Edge Society

In an explosive WrestleMania showdown, the biggest heart in WWE will risk every part of himself against the collective forces of everything he despises as Rey Mysterio takes on CM Punk. And if The Ultimate Underdog loses the extremely personal match, he must join The Straight Edge Society.

The paths of Mysterio and Punk have collided with catastrophic fallout in recent weeks. Punk, along with his faithful disciples Luke Gallows and Serena, assaulted Mysterio with brutal back-to-back attacks on SmackDown. Mysterio cost The Second City Saint two huge opportunities, pinning The Straight Edge Superstar at WWE Elimination Chamber and costing him his WrestleMania Money in the Bank Qualifying Match against Shelton Benjamin.

Punk “crossed the line” when The Master of the 619 brought his family to SmackDown to celebrate his daughter’s birthday. As the WWE Universe joyfully sang “Happy Birthday” to the elated 9-year-old, The Straight Edge Society crashed the party. Punk challenged Mysterio to a match right then and there, as well as one at WrestleMania. Though he taunted Mysterio and his family mercilessly, the masked Superstar refused to give an answer or to fight while his loved ones were in the ring. Later that night, Mysterio attacked Punk, igniting an all-out brawl that spilled into the crowd.

One week later, Mysterio accepted Punk’s WrestleMania challenge, demanding that the match be a Street Fight. The Straight Edge “Savior” declared that if Mysterio laid a hand on him before WrestleMania, he would call off their match. He also proclaimed that if Mysterio wanted a Street Fight Match at The Show of Shows, he would first have to beat Luke Gallows. However, if he didn’t and Mysterio went on to lose their match on The Grandest Stage of Them All, the masked Superstar would be forced to join The Straight Edge Society. With Punk and Serena’s help, Gallows triumphed over Mysterio, setting the circumstances of the volatile WrestleMania encounter in stone.

REQUIRED VIEWING: Happy birthday, Sweet Little Princess Aaliyah!

NEPOTISM VS. BACKSTAGE INFLUENCE
Triple H vs. Sheamus

It’s the age-old tale of the young lion rising up to challenge an established king of the jungle as the hungry former champion, Sheamus, will take on one of WWE’s best and most decorated competitors of the past 20 years: Triple H.

The Game cost The Celtic Warrior the WWE Championship at WWE Elimination Chamber, and when Sheamus returned on Raw, he made sure Triple H felt the brunt of his Irish fury. Now these two former World Champions will collide at WrestleMania to settle the score. There is nothing The Celtic Warrior would love to do more than clear Triple H from his path to regain the WWE Championship.

REQUIRED VIEWING: Who the fuck cares, moving on...

MONEY IN THE BANK
Kane vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Evan Bourne vs. MVP vs. Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Jack Swagger vs. Fatt Hardy vs. Drew McIntyre

There are really only three people who have a chance to win this: Kofi Kingston, Christian, and Drew McIntyre. The WWE seems very hesitant to push Kofi. Drew McIntyre isn't ready, especially when he's having a hard time really getting over as a heel still. Christian is the closest person in this match to a title shot, and chances are he'll win this match. This is always the fun match, and chances are both Shelton Benjamin and Evan Bourne will kill themselves in this match. I think Christian wins, and I think he gets involved in the Edge vs. Chris Jericho match.

REQUIRED VIEWING: Drew McIntyre qualifies for Money In The Bank after two failed attempts

TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
ShowMiz (c) vs. Truth and Wisdom

Shortly after United States Champion The Miz joined forces with The World’s Largest Athlete, the impressive duo overcame D-Generation X to capture the illustrious Tag Team Titles. Retaining the championships in hard-fought defenses against both Michaels & Triple H and Mark Henry & MVP on Money Night Raw, the dominant mixture of power and resourcefulness turned its attention to Friday nights in search of new competition.

Knowing that he could seek tag team contenders on any WWE show he wished, outspoken Unified Tag Team Champ The Miz arrived on SmackDown to mark his territory. SmackDown General Manager Theodore Long’s response would be swift, resulting in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match the following week to see just who would face the “Awesome One” and his enormous partner at WrestleMania.

When the smoke cleared in the brutal tag team showdown one week later, the electric combination of Morrison & Truth stood triumphant; overcoming both Cryme Tyme and The Hart Dynasty to become No. 1 Contenders to Show-Miz’s much sought-after throne. The collective high-octane force of two of WWE’s most explosively dynamic Superstars will serve as a tremendous threat to the reigning champions.

REQUIRED VIEWING: The Miz vs. John Morrison, featuring hilarious commentary from The Big Show and R-Truth

A DOMESTIC VIOLENCE BONANZA
Ted Dibiase vs. Randy Orton vs. Cody Rhodes

The trio of Superstars who once believed it was their birthright to dominate WWE together has now split at the seams. At WrestleMania, Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes will square off against one another in a Triple Threat Match.

While there has been internal strife within The Legacy before, the trio always pulled together and flourished since their formation. However, over the past few months, the small arguments led to a larger rift and DiBiase and Rhodes have had enough of living in Orton’s shadow. They believe the time has come for them to step into a spotlight of their own and they have the opportunity to finally do so on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

REQUIRED VIEWING: Legacy vs. International Flipping Crew (Randy turns on Legacy)

Guests, if you're looking around and want to join in on the action, signing up could not be easier.

Registering with Wrestlezone Forums takes mere seconds. Once registering, not only can you join us in here for Wrestlemania Sunday Night, but you will also become a member of our Discussion Forums.

One click on the link below, and a couple seconds to choose your Username and password, and you're part of the Internet's most popular Wrestling Discussion Forum.

I can tell you that the LDs here are a major reason why I signed up. They are so much fun and laid back. All of the posters here are very friendly and accommodating towards new posters, and we want you to sign up.

The biggest Wrestlemania in quite some time deserves the biggest Live Discussion in Wrestlezone Forums history. Please sign up and join us.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/register.php

Slyfox696 03-28-2010 09:20 AM

The Wrestlemania Live Discussion is open for business!

Turd Ferguson 03-28-2010 09:26 AM

Before anyone asks, I reached the 10 image limit in the OP which is why I didn't bother doing a preview for the 10 Diva Tag Match.

Yeah, let's go with that.

Slyfox696 03-28-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyCompton (Post 1922001)
Before anyone asks, I reached the 10 image limit in the OP which is why I didn't bother doing a preview for the 10 Diva Tag Match.

Yeah, let's go with that.

If anyone asks, I was so VERY close to stealing your LD opening post, deleting this thread, and then starting the LD myself with your work.

It's not plagiarism if you can't prove it, right?

Little Jerry Lawler 03-28-2010 09:44 AM

I wonder who will open up first. It's probably going to be MITB but I think it should either be Punk/Mysterio or HHH/Sheamus to get the crowd excited.

I'm just afraid they're going to fuck up like they did with WM 19 and not have filler matches in between.

gd 03-28-2010 09:47 AM

There's a Diva's match?

The Doctor 03-28-2010 10:24 AM

I'm excited. Hope I can find a way to watch.

TLC 03-28-2010 10:51 AM

I can't wait. It should be a great show. Very looking forward to Punk vs Mysterio.

Lee 03-28-2010 10:52 AM

NB asking for a stream/lamp/any code will result in a one week ban, no questions asked.

FunKay the Inevitable 03-28-2010 10:56 AM

Hope I can make it. Very excited.