WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   The WrestleZone Symposium (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Rants and Complaints (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=330847)

enviousdominous 05-05-2017 11:52 AM

Rants and Complaints

If you're like me, you can't find closure with an aggravating circumstance or set of aggravating circumstances unless you broadcast your perspective on everything in some way. Twitter is full of malcontent assholes, YouTube is the bastion of the uneducated and Facebook is a safezone for suicidal narcissists. That's meant to be a small compliment to the WrestleZone Forum, and a huge middle finger to what social media has evolved into.

None of this has anything to do with people on the forum or the social atmosphere of the forum, except as a subtle thank you for being higher minds than the rest. A lot of people I deal with are very lucky I use this forum as release by the way.

So here goes:

My Coworkers

Click for Spoiler:
My coworkers love to talk, every fucking one of them. It's not that they'll start talking and not stop, it's that they find inspiration to talk based on any circumstance. I have several problems with that compulsion of theirs, so I'll break them down.

If you did something that pissed me off, don't try to fucking explain what you did in a manner that suggests that you were not at fault and then (in the same fucking sentence) say "but that's not really an excuse". This is obviously fucking stupid because you wasted air attempting to absolve yourself of guilt, but couldn't acknowledge until you heard it out loud that you were putting a fucking bandaid on a fucking arterial wound. Telling my coworkers not to do this inspires them to make an excuse for their tendency to make an excuse that they'll immediately retract just as they did the previous excuse.

If you have nothing to do with a given situation, don't stand in on a conversation and ask questions. Basically; I was having the purpose for write-ups that my facility had received explained to me by the evaluator. The evaluator was very professional, and he showed me every reg as it was written to back up what he was saying. Someone who I work with, but not as a member of my facility, decided to step in and ask questions that were of the tone of "That's a stupid rule. Hell no we're not going to start doing that". Then it became an angry evaluator explaining regulations to an overzealous idiot who, with every fucking response, proved that she wasn't listening to his explanations. I stopped her and said as nicely as I could "I have other things to do, and this has nothing to do with you. You're wasting my time." She shrugged her shoulders and went on her way. Twenty fucking minutes got pissed away because she wanted to get her thoughts out there and had not intention of hearing what anyone else had to say. Also; don't EVER get short with evaluators, especially if they're evaluating on someone else's behalf.

My boss and my assistant are both very special people. If you correct either one of them, on anything, one of two things happens. They go into a long winded explanation of why it makes more sense to be wrong like them, or they laugh and act like they were joking the whole time.

Here's my take on the "I was just joking cop-out"

Click for Spoiler:
Jokes can be many things. A joke can be something like "I heard that Vince McMahon lost his arm in a boating accident. PSYCH! I made you look it up!" In that case, the person telling the joke wasn't being serious and they may delay the punchline until after you approach them to say that you couldn't find anything to corroborate what they said. Either way, it was a joke.

A joke can also be something along the lines of observational humor, like "Have you noticed that con is the opposite of pro? I guess that congress is the opposite of progress!" There you have a joke that states a fact, that con is indeed the opposite of pro. If the person had instead said something like "Have you noticed that corporations are all just pyramid schemes?", you would likely call them out on the fact that their observation is flawed for many reasons.

If your observation is flawed, you can't save yourself by saying "I was just joking, lighten up".

My coworker said "The military is basically just a big pyramid scheme" in a tone that suggested it was a eureka moment for him. I told him that he was wrong, and while explaining exactly what a pyramid scheme is to him he interrupted to say that I was actually referring to a Ponzi scheme. I wasn't, so I had to then stop and explain what a Ponzi scheme was to him. He then starts cracking a smile and says "I was just joking" in the most patronizing tone he could have. I explained why that's a stupid excuse for being wrong, and he went into a long-winded explanation of how he often uses humor and sometimes he mistakenly assumes that people are capable of receiving it and blah blah blah. I started flat out ignoring him, and he spent the rest of the day (on his own accord) looking up explanations for "humility" on google in an attempt to save what he thought was our bromance.

My boss called me up today, sounding pretty upset with me. A monthly financial report hadn't been turned in, which my coworker said he would turn in. She wanted that report turned in, and I was told that heads would roll if we were five days late on another financial report. I didn't throw him under the bus, I said that I would get it done right fucking then. I look it over, and send it up. Then I ask my coworker why it wasn't turned in, making sure to keep my temper in check because we're talking about my boss here. His story, which turned out to be 100% true, was that he had already mentioned to her that he was going over it with the accountant and that it was fine if it was turned in next Monday. I called my boss to politely ask why in the fuck she took that tone with me, she gave me "It's fine, it's fine. We all make mistakes. I remember that one time you..."

Someone who works in my section, and is in charge of making sure that we're briefed on suicide prevention, said "I just wish I could blow my brains out" to me yesterday while I was in her office. I stopped what I was doing and looked at her, she kept on doing medial office tasks. I asked her if she's okay, and she explained that something crazy had happened with one office not finishing something for her so now she's in trouble. Basically; she had a pretty good reason to be frustrated, but it didn't sound like an "end of the world" scenario that would inspire suicide. I let her know that it's not normal to say what she said and be "okay", and she went into "I was just being silly, it's okay." and when one of her coworkers came in she whispers "Don't say anything". Mind you, I have a shit ton going on in my own world. After the coworker left I flat out told her "I better not hear that shit ever again, if you're not suicidal then watch what you say". Later on, I found out she was asking "What's wrong with him? He's acting funny."

ShinChan 05-05-2017 12:25 PM

Hey E&D! :wave:

I agree that WrestleZone Forums is a lot better. Heck, I won't even consider saying it social media since Facebook, Twitter etc have defeated its purpose of being "social". So, WrestleZone Forums is something different.

About the rants and complaints, I can understand what it feels like. People nowadays think too high about themselves. Too high. Even more high than Mount Everest. And then they don't realize that they're actually being stupid. And that's when their co-workers have to suffer. Just like you. Heck, you would find a couple of those here as well. There's a lot more stupidity nowadays. And that increases when someone is a boss as your boss' antics proved. People don't really know what kind of things sarcasm or joking requires. They're serious when they don't need to be. They're joking when they need to be serious.

In nutshell, you'll get more and more everyday even trumping the highest stupidity you've ever suffered through. Don't lose your intelligence as well as patience due to such "Stupid Idiots"! Take care.

enviousdominous 05-05-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShinChan (Post 5693517)
Hey E&D! :wave:

I agree that WrestleZone Forums is a lot better. Heck, I won't even consider saying it social media since Facebook, Twitter etc have defeated its purpose of being "social". So, WrestleZone Forums is something different.

About the rants and complaints, I can understand what it feels like. People nowadays think too high about themselves. Too high. Even more high than Mount Everest. And then they don't realize that they're actually being stupid. And that's when their co-workers have to suffer. Just like you. Heck, you would find a couple of those here as well. There's a lot more stupidity nowadays. And that increases when someone is a boss as your boss' antics proved. People don't really know what kind of things sarcasm or joking requires. They're serious when they don't need to be. They're joking when they need to be serious.

In nutshell, you'll get more and more everyday even trumping the highest stupidity you've ever suffered through. Don't lose your intelligence as well as patience due to such "Stupid Idiots"! Take care.

That's the thing about this forum though, it reminds me that smart people exist in this world.

The biggest problem for me is that the people I associate with suffer from a group-think delusion of "If everyone else does it, it's not a problem". In their case, they get lost in their thoughts and jaw-jack through several non-sequitur subjects until they stumble on a conclusion that's pretty fucking stupid.

I have OCDs, but I suppress them and I use healthy coping mechanisms to do so. It gets on my nerves when people try to tell me that they just can't help doing what they do, because that's just who they are. When my OCDs aren't being respected, it's as if volcanos are erupting in my head. If I can suppress those, I see no reason why my co-worker can't occasionally glance at the clock to see that he has been stumbling through an idea with no foreseeable conclusion for the last thirty fucking minutes.

Slyfox696 05-05-2017 02:54 PM

There was once a time when the WZ Forums was of lesser intelligence than what one could find elsewhere on the web. I cannot decide if it is a compliment or a sad evaluation on the rest of the Internet if this is no longer true.

From the little I read in the OP, it sounds as if one of the things which annoys you is similar to that which annoys me...people who think they know more than they actually do. Nothing is more grating than those who shout their ignorance to the world the loudest. And, for some reason, our culture has somehow instilled in people the idea all opinions are equally valid and deserve equal consideration. And this is just not true. Stupid opinions are just that...stupid. No matter how badly someone wants to feel relevant, an opinion which is wrong is still wrong, even if you hide behind the concept of "it's my opinion".

I will say I'm not sure I agree with you about the co-worker blowing her brains out. I understand where you are coming from and I've actually had a friend whose fiancee did. She was devastated for a while. I agree with you it's not sensitive and it's especially odd the person in charge of suicide awareness would say it. But you are surely aware such a phrase is used more in slang than literally and perhaps instead of being so forceful, you could just remind the person in charge of suicide prevention there is probably a better way to express the frustration, especially since there are people out there who know of someone who has hurt themselves in such a way. In other words, don't be an ass. ;)

PS: Oh and if I misunderstood the point of this thread, I was just joking about everything I said above. Lighten up. :)

enviousdominous 05-05-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyfox696 (Post 5693557)
PS: Oh and if I misunderstood the point of this thread, I was just joking about everything I said above. Lighten up. :)

Meh, I'll come back here every now and then and vent if I feel that I've endured a relatable episode of people I'm forced to deal with giving me a reason to question whether or not the world has gone crazy. The only real point of the thread is that I get fussy, and I like to explain why to the few people in this world who can comprehend plain English.

Your response, and ShinChans, are helping me lighten up.

ShinChan 05-06-2017 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enviousdominous (Post 5693523)
That's the thing about this forum though, it reminds me that smart people exist in this world.

The biggest problem for me is that the people I associate with suffer from a group-think delusion of "If everyone else does it, it's not a problem". In their case, they get lost in their thoughts and jaw-jack through several non-sequitur subjects until they stumble on a conclusion that's pretty fucking stupid.

I have OCDs, but I suppress them and I use healthy coping mechanisms to do so. It gets on my nerves when people try to tell me that they just can't help doing what they do, because that's just who they are. When my OCDs aren't being respected, it's as if volcanos are erupting in my head. If I can suppress those, I see no reason why my co-worker can't occasionally glance at the clock to see that he has been stumbling through an idea with no foreseeable conclusion for the last thirty fucking minutes.

Yeah, majority is taken granted for being "right". Majority is always taken to be better in every matter. Although in reality, minority also trumps majority in many matters which is just ignored because it's minority.

There's a saying that common sense is a flower that doesn't grow in everyone's garden. And it's totally accurate nowadays.

And now I'll like to suggest something to you. This is a way I tend to take care of myself away from this stupidity and what not. When I get to know that a particular person is either stupid, irrational, egoistic or void of any manners, I stop giving them and their opinions much importance. I would rather be alone than be with a stupid group of sheep and the so-called majority. Their stupidity, irrationality etc kills any credibility their actions and opinions have in my mind. I try to be as far as possible from them. Don't care what bulls**t they tend to utter. Sometimes ignorance is good just for our own self. Earlier, I used to avoid this because of humanity. But nowadays, humanity is a rarity. Stupidity is taken as innocence. Innocence (the real one) is always taken unfair advantage of.

So, stop caring about people who don't care about they utter and what effects it can have on sensitive people like you. Also, do vent out your frustrations once in a while so that they don't pile up and harm you inside.

enviousdominous 05-23-2017 01:02 PM

There's something in this world that bugs me to no end, and I keep meaning to vent about. Something that turns the greatest people in the world into assholes at best and homicidal maniacs at worst. This is more meant for me to explain (and perhaps relate) what I think is going through the minds of these individuals, and less meant to remind everyone of what they already know exists in this world.

Shitty drivers.

There's many avenues of that subject to go over, so once again I'll break it down.

How I drive (warning; much bragging in the spoiler):

Click for Spoiler:
I drive like someone who wants to live, which is coincidental as consciously I drive only so that I can get to a destination. I prefer to drive the speed limit, but I'm willing to go faster if the flow of traffic dictates that doing so would be wise. If there's a slower vehicle blocking traffic, that's fine. Life goes on, and I'm fine being a little late for something if it means getting there safely.

Driving isn't that complicated; I either go, stop, or turn. If someone breaks the rules and that inconveniences me, most of the time it's advisable to let them be on their way. Those times where I must intervene for the good of humanity, I pull over and report the unsafe driver to the local police or highway patrol. I acknowledge that my attitude toward someone else's driving doesn't give me the right to risk the lives of other drivers, and I don't know what that unsafe driver has in their vehicle to use as a weapon if they feel threatened by me.

I'm a highly defensive driver who, after 18 years of driving, hasn't been in a single accident.

There are many types of shitty drivers out there. I'll start with the most obvious type, when someone drives in an aggressive manner just to show off.

Click for Spoiler:
So I was at a red light, that was just about to turn green. This intersection is a bit unique. There's another lane to my right, but that lane ends immediately after one proceeds through the intersection causing any traffic in that lane to merge into my lane. I happened to see in my rear-view mirror a white truck -- driven by a "portly" white woman -- barreling down the lane to my right, so I chose to stay put while she rushed through the green light going 80 in a 45. The only thing that really bugged me was that she didn't give me a thank you wave.

I proceeded through the light, and eventually caught up to her as the -- now single lane -- road had traffic that was backed up behind someone who was going the speed limit. We had a solid double yellow line separating our lane and the oncoming lane, and sure enough that same woman in the truck chose to get into the oncoming lane and speed past twelve other cars. The road went over several hills (which any rational human being would have recognized as being blind spots) so I was able to see that fate decided not to put any oncoming traffic in the crazy person's way.

What I imagine was happening there was that often-times people will develop such a grandiose persona while driving, that they'll see other drivers as ants who aren't even worthy of their thanks when they're cooperative. The journey supersedes every other aspect of one's purpose for driving, and cooperation is something that little people do only so that they can be reminded of their uselessness. When you're out and about on foot, you're subject to the judgment of people who had chosen to use their valuable time to better themselves. When they're in their vehicle, they win every battle because -- for one -- their lack of empathy runs so deep that they don't even care if they or the other person gets hurt or killed and -- for two -- they can just move to a different district when bounty hunters start hearing about their unpaid speeding tickets.

So, there are these people out there who like to follow the rules. I applaud that, most of the time. Hell, I've been a part of many conversation circles where the bragging of our driving expertise and adherence to the rules of the road became damn near homoerotic at a certain point. But, if you react with rage to the notion that someone else isn't religiously obeying the rules of the road, that's still shitty driving and that's never justified.

Click for Spoiler:
Left lane blockers, Jesus H Christ I hate these pieces of shit. I've seen them in many ugly forms, but their purpose is always the same. They're upset that someone is driving faster than them, and they draw the conclusion that the other driver is attempting to measure dicks instead of attempting to make an appointment in time.

If lanes are blocked by people going the speed limit, I bear it and drive the speed limit. I don't ride their bumpers and flash my lights and scowl at them. However; I'll admit that I'm annoyed at how they choose to drive.

The most forgivable logic I've seen for this behavior is when someone prefers not to drive in a lane where there's a lot of other traffic. They'd rather be in the wide open fast lane, as opposed to driving the exact same speed in the slow lane with cars visible behind and/or in front of them. I personally feel that if being near other cars causes you to do something unsafe like block a lane of traffic just because there's fewer cars there, you probably shouldn't be driving.

Less forgivable logic, that I've publicly scolded friends of mine for admitting to possess, is that the faster drivers are "breaking the law" and that for their own sake they need to be made to drive slower. That type of vigilantism is pretty fucking stupid in that the left lane isn't solely for driving fast, it's for passing. If traffic is being blocked, then that means that emergency and police vehicles are also at the mercy of their fucked up driving etiquette.

Deliberately driving in a way to obstruct other drivers is a form of definite road rage that is exercised as a means of preventing imagined road rage. The assumption being that someone passes them only to belittle them for driving slower, therefore they have to teach them a lesson in the rules of the road by taking the law into their own hands.

Sometimes people do pass to be assholes, and sometimes they do so in an area where such driving is reckless. If I feel justified in doing so, I report them and go on about my day.

Then there's people who drive fast because they feel that driving is a video game that can only be won by driving like a complete ass.

Click for Spoiler:
Peddle control is something that I take very seriously. When I drive (lookout, more bragging) I pride myself on my ability to pick a speed and go only that speed. If I'm in someone's way, I get out of their way.

If I'm in a hurry on the freeway, I'll be in the fast lane going steadily at 15 miles an hour over the speed limit. I know, I know, shame on me. Now then; even at that excessive amount of speed, people often attempt to show me up by breaking the sound barrier. If I can anticipate them, I get out of their way so they can pass. At that point, now that they can no longer use me as an excuse if they're stopped by a police officer, they slow down. They slow down to a point where they're just pacing me while at my eight o'clock.

These people don't have anywhere to be, they just like driving fast and their logic dictates that if someone is in their lane they have to be riding their bumper. I could be going 50 miles an hour over the speed limit, and they would still try to drive faster than me if they're behind me, or they would drive my exact speed if I'm in the slow lane. Their driving is at the mercy of how I choose to drive, they'd probably lose their fucking minds if there was nobody else on the road to base their driving off of.

Finally; most of us want to be heroes. We want to be the subject of a "Good looking person stops bad driver" headline. If you witness a shitty driver, don't chase them.

Click for Spoiler:
YouTube is overflowing with videos of "INSANE ROAD RAGE CAUGHT ON CAMERA" which is really just videos that have been downloaded (stolen) from other YouTube pages and plastered with a bunch of eye catching graphics. A common trend in these videos is the idea of chasing down, and confronting people who committed acts while driving that were deemed as unsafe.

If someone forces someone else into a situation where they feel threatened, they have a right to defend yourself. It doesn't matter if the bad driver behaved like an ass, and they justifiably upset the other person. If someone reacts in a shitty way to a shitty driver, then they're on the same shitty level.

Most of us are aware, from personal experience doing so, that a lot of drivers travel with weapons. It's a smart thing to do given that emergency services can't always be expected to aid you in certain parts of the country. Therefore, it's not a good idea to confront someone as a means of getting them to admit their earlier driving faux pas.

The belief is apparently that when confronted, the individual will be so embarrassed that they'll apologize and swear never to drive unsafely ever again. Although, getting to the point where both parties can have a conversation with the potential for that outcome involves following the person to their destination. Most people don't want to lead aggressive strangers to places that they frequent.

If the driving of the shitty driver was so shitty that it melted your shitty scale, be a good citizen and report them.

To recap, I'm as annoyed with people who drive like maniacs as I am with people who think that an acceptable reaction is to drive like an even bigger maniac. In my wanderings through YouTube, I've seen comment sections devolve into six month long shit storms of hatred between people guilty of one or a combination of the driving sins I've mentioned above.

Driving involves employing one's better judgment and instincts to make split-second decisions, poor driving habits don't always reflect someone's personal style outside of their vehicle. We'll never cure humanity of its desire to impose its will over others by any means available (in this case, a mobile hunk of metal), but know that you're not alone if you're also annoyed by the types of shitty drivers I've described.

Stone Cold Tea 05-23-2017 02:41 PM

One thing I've realised today is that these forums are a calm corner of the internet where people converse. Some of the absolute shite I've read today on article regarding the Manchester bombings is beyond belief.

SSJPhenom 05-23-2017 03:26 PM

I'll tell you one thing that absolutely drives me up the damn wall at work. It's when someone who didn't do something that they were supposed to do has a long winded and convoluted excuse as to why they didn't do what they were supposed to do.

At my job I am what's called the Director of Operations. What we do at my place of work is we organize, design, build, and install booths and exhibits for the many people and businesses who attend trade shows here in Las Vegas. I oversee the building, planning, scheduling, and installation of said booths and exhibits. One side effect of my job description is because I oversee the building and installation of the customer's booths then the customer has access to me pretty much the entire time that we are working with them. For example, if they get to their booth and something is off, I'm the one that get's the phone call and the ear full. Anyways, last week, we were installing a booth for a customer at the Licensing Expo. During the installation of the booth, I had to leave to meet a client at the airport. (We also offer a shuttle service to our clients when they come into town and they requested that I pick them up so they could meet me.) So I left one of our employees in charge and told him that when they were finished that he needed to take pictures of the booth thoroughly. So I pick up the client, take him to the hotel, call my team and ask if they were still working or if they had finished, and they had finished. Since that was our last install for the day, I went home. About 4 hours later I get a phone call from the customer saying that her booth just looks horrible and that we need to fix it or else she wants her money back. So I asked my team leader if he could send me the pictures of the booth. This is the response I get verbatim, "No, I didn't get any pictures. My phone is full and I didn't have any space for new pictures. I was supposed to transfer all of my pictures over to my laptop but I keep forgetting. I have a mini sd card but I keep forgetting to put that into my phone. I'll put in tonight though". WTF????? Seriously? Just say that you didn't do it because you forgot or you're a dumb ass or something. Don't tell me that you tried to take a picture with your phone and it said that you didn't have enough memory and in seeing that you didn't either A: Delete some small item on your phone that wouldn't be missed or B: Ask one of the six other guys there with you with smart phones to take the picture for you. Because he didn't take the picture I had no way of proving to the customer that we didn't leave the booth in the shape that she had found it in and because of that I had to spend my weekend attending to this customer's every need as far as her booth was concerned.

If you didn't do something that you were supposed to do then just tell the truth. Don't try to compound the crime by lying and make me think that you had no choice but to not do what you were asked to do, because that just makes you look even more like a dumb ass.

Fire Marshall Bill 05-23-2017 04:01 PM

I hate bad drivers. And I find it safe to assume everyone else is unless proven otherwise. But I keep my classifications simple. When it comes to bad drivers with me, you're either an idiot or an asshole, and sometimes you can't tell the difference. Did that person cut me off because they're an asshole, or were they too ignorant to see me? I don't know, doesn't change the fact that they're a bad driver. Sure there are the obvious ones. If some idiot is trying to race me because of what car myself or they are driving, they're an asshole. If someone can't properly stay in their own lane, whether drunk or not paying attention, they're stupid. Most of the time people are both, whether they realize it or not. I see no reason to delve deep into my own thoughts about what was going through their head when all it will do is distract me while I'm driving. Plus, they're not worth the time anyway. Idiot or asshole. Quick, easy and now I can go about putting them far away from myself.

I feel the root of the cause, at least in America, is driver's education. They dumb it down so much that that's exactly what they get: dumb drivers. Plus it's just too easy to obtain a driver's license. There's a reason the Autobahn has no speed limit, yet has less accidents than US Highways. There will always be bad drivers on the road. Want to make a difference? Start at the beginning.