WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   The Wrestling Archives (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A Formula For TNA to Compete With WWE (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=213774)

ProWrestlingFan 04-24-2012 02:04 PM

A Formula For TNA to Compete With WWE

1.) Increase the Production Value : TNA sets look cheap and it detracts viewers as they think its very cheap. Make a more innovative set like they had before that had tunnel or make something different.

2.) Stop with the repetitive pre-recorded promos they show in between Impact!. They are really boring and kind of look cheap.

3.) Take shots at WWE : As TNA is doing nothing when they aren't taking shots maybe they should go the WCW way and take some shots at WWE. It will be better than nothing. Maybe cut some shoot promos to create buzz.

TNA needs to make their product gritty and authentic like WCW was.

Lowdown 04-24-2012 03:24 PM

Here we go again. First, the money well isn't all that deep from what I've read recently. The production thing keeps getting brought up. As for taking shots at WWE, you're a little late. Quite a few of former WWE talent has taken shots at WWE once they arrive in TNA, like the Dudleys/Team 3D. Also, remember not too long ago they were advertising the change to Impact wrestling with various billboards, including one right down the street from WWE headquarters?

daddyJ_t 04-24-2012 03:29 PM

seems to me they have taken an approach to start to compete. everybody loves the indys and roh. seems theyre bringing in some talent there instead of using ex-wwe stars. tell me, if tna signed colt cabana that wouldnt bring in a little rating after cm punk promoed the hell out of him? i havent seem how the new star program is working, but if done right, could bring up a little ratings.

Tripleb2k1 04-24-2012 03:31 PM

they have taken shots at WWE in the past and it did absolutely nothing...

they, need to improve creative, talent development

MizMark11 04-24-2012 03:34 PM

Do you honestly think taking shots and different promos will help compete with WWE?

There's thousands of better ideas on how they can compete, but TNA needs to establish themselves first before doing that. They need to become original and maybe tour instead of having 80% of shows in Orlando. This topic is way to repetitive now.

ヒュー G. レックション 04-24-2012 03:41 PM

I think the production values are perfectly fine

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProWrestlingFan (Post 3868252)
2.) Stop with the repetitive pre-recorded promos they show in between Impact!. They are really boring and kind of look cheap.

3.) Take shots at WWE : As TNA is doing nothing when they aren't taking shots maybe they should go the WCW way and take some shots at WWE. It will be better than nothing. Maybe cut some shoot promos to create buzz.

TNA needs to make their product gritty and authentic like WCW was.

What promos are you talking about exactly? Promos are needed to advance storylines!

As for taking shots, I'd love it if they did it more, that's part of what made the Monday Night Wars so entertaining (for me).

But it seems like most fans don't approve of it these days. I've seen TNA being criticised a lot for taking shots, saying it's immature and that they should stop acknowledging the competition if they wanna be taken seriously.

Longtimeviewer25 04-24-2012 03:49 PM

TNA is cool in its own way mainly because of the strong X division and Tag Team matches besides that it really isnt to strong. Personally I think WWE needs to bring back a Cruiserweight Division whether its shown on SD! or NXT I don’t care but there needs to be one so that the smaller stars are put on a main event level like the X division is as well as bring in some more credible tag teams cause the ones WWE is currently throwing together aren’t all that great. IMO

larlar 04-24-2012 03:55 PM

I have to disagree with the original poster in this thread. I am someone who has been a loyal wwe fan since the early 90s

the set isnt what is keeping impact back.

the camera angles on the pre recorded promos need to go, that is a fix that is needed.

impact has good in ring wrestling, lots of guys on ther are late to early 40s and got their name in the wwe. they need to push more of their own guys, have guys that went from mid carder to main event while with impact wretling, so they have some guys that they built, not guys when we watch we look at and we see them as guys the wwe didnt want cuz of injuries or drug issues.

also, impact wrestling needs to allow their fans to know the wrestlers more, what they stand for who they are, build a unique personality or gimmick for each wrestler do their not all the same.

another idea is too go after a niche, havining stronger gimmicks, and personalties is something the wwe was good at in the past and going back to it, but what do fans like that the wwe doesnt have right now? cruiserweight division and hardcore division, make it so if people want to see that they will turn on impact.

Jack-Hammer 04-24-2012 04:26 PM

These suggestions had a little meat on the bone a little over 2 years ago but now...well there's just nothing here.

As far as production values go, TNA has gotten better here but they simply don't have the money to be on the same level as WWE in this area.

As far as the pre-recorded stuff, it's moot. Nobody is tuning in or tuning out because of this. It's a non issue.

As for taking shots at WWE, it was a little edgy back when Hogan first showed up, as it looked like TNA was going to be growing much bigger. Now, whenever it happens, it comes off as extremely juvenile and makes TNA look desperate. It's not going to increase ratings, it's not going ot increase ppv buyrates and it's not going to increase the crowds at house shows. Why? Because they went down this road before and nothing came of it.

Now, maybe these things would make it better for YOU personally but, all in all, none of this shit means anything the way things are right now.

ABMorales787 04-24-2012 04:40 PM

Wow. You're a regular businessman. Where'd you get your degree? Microsoft Paint?

The sets look cheap because... It is cheap. Well's they've got big screens, which is much more than what any other U.S. company not named WWE can have so why the hell waste money on needless things, businessman?

And what good would "taking shots at WWE" do? Because unless you actually mean shoot people, as in with a gun, I don't think much result will come of it.

And being like WCW is stupid. Why? BECAUSE IT'S DEAD!