WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   World Wrestling Entertainment (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Neville Asks to Leave WWE? (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=338169)

THTRobtaylor 10-10-2017 08:25 PM

Neville Asks to Leave WWE?

Wow, stunned but at the same time totally understand if this is the case...

From his perspective, he's held 205 for a while, done well, got kudos for his personal improvement and being one of the better things WWE is putting out.

Then suddenly, not only is he "out" as Crusier champ but replaced with two main roster guys... This in itself isn't an issue if he is replacing them.... but it seems there may actually be no plan for Neville right now?

At best this is a chance for him to fight his corner...and it may yet be an angle to get him to the main roster... at worst this is a borderline CRIMINAL waste of a talent.

Those "brass rings" Vince talks about seem more worthless every time this happens... forget the Brit I am... this guy is totally top 20 talent in the world... and he wants to go? This could of course also be a Jinder style move... with Vince/Trips blessing to season... but it could be both still seeing "The Mighty Mouse" guy who has an accent...

What do you guys think? angle? let's face it he's a great partner for Shane vs Zayn and Owens... or is this REALLY WWE fucking up another great chance at a guy who might not be World Champ.... but is legit a contender...

Rainbow Yaz 10-10-2017 08:33 PM

I think itís a bit odd that the reports are coming in so late in the day, but I wouldnít be surprised if they are true. He has basically just generic, but insanely good, high flyer for his initial run, gets hurt, comes back as a good heel in the cruiserweight division, then drops the title to fucking Enzo, and apparently was so unhappy he walked out of Raw last night.

The truth is Neville is too good for 205, but canít seem to grasp those imaginary brass rings. I actually think he would be a good fit in Japan.

wrestlingmasters55 10-10-2017 08:37 PM

Let wait until this is confirm because as of now, the dirt sheet are 0 and 2 with the reports of wwe performers asking for their release. They reported that primo and epico ask for their release yet their still with the company and just on injury leave.

They reported that rusev and lana ask for their release yet their still their.

So this neville rumor as of now for me is just that a rumor.

BestSportsEntertainer 10-10-2017 08:38 PM

I can understand why Neville would want to leave WWE.

As others have said, he's too good for the cruiserweight division but doesn't appear to have a place on the main roster.

He would be a good fit in New Japan or Ring of Honor.

THTRobtaylor 10-10-2017 08:38 PM

Maybe that's true... The AJ trail seems a good path.

This could still be an angle, he "quits" only for Bryan or Angle to not allow it... and move him up.

But this seems more like the first of the post Jinder era, where guys can get their release, go off for a while and come back... sad as Nevillle is FAR ahead of anything Jinder ever did prior, but the idea of Japan works...

Too many guys have left and come back strong now... Jinder, Drew... perhaps the Ziggler option is now the Neville option? #awkward

Wildcat66 10-10-2017 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrestlingmasters55 (Post 5752889)
Let wait until this is confirm because as of now, the dirt sheet are 0 and 2 with the reports of wwe performers asking for their release. They reported that primo and epico ask for their release yet their still with the company and just on injury leave.

They reported that rusev and lana ask for their release yet their still their.

So this neville rumor as of now for me is just that a rumor.

At least Rusev, Primo and Epico have done things in the WWE and have somewhat of a name value in the company. (even if Primo and Epico's has long since passed on)

For all the good Neville has done this year, that's just it: It's all been done this year. Outside of that, he hasn't done much of anything.

I think there's a 50-50 shot that this is legit, maybe this is Neville realizing that things just aren't working out and deciding it would better to forge his own path elsewhere.

Or maybe Neville hates Enzo's guts and we didn't even know about it. (In that case, thanks a lot Enzo.)

THTRobtaylor 10-10-2017 08:45 PM

His last tweet was apparent "rage" at what WWE did for merch, so yeah, seems legit... and I can get it... worked his ass offf, created something interesting and cool and the best they could do was a shit T-shirt that he called an atrocity?

Rainbow Yaz 10-10-2017 08:52 PM

Most of his tweets are in character, so Iím not sure how much stock is put into his being upset over his shirt being crap. Not every guy who is granted his release is given it either, so Iíd keep those two things in mind.

Jack-Hammer 10-10-2017 08:53 PM

It's too soon as there's no way of knowing one way or another. There are reports that the original plan for last night's Cruiserweight Championship match was for Neville to challenge Enzo but, for whatever reason, it was changed to Kalisto vs. Enzo. The same reports also say that the original idea was for Neville to lose in his effort against Enzo.

Neville has been doing some really good work in WWE, he's single handedly been what's made anyone care about the Cruiserweight Division at all. So, if Neville is ultimately going to spend his time spinning his wheels in the division, if he's not going to have any opportunity to move up the roster, then it's hard to blame him if he has quit. Neville is a young man and it's understandable that he doesn't want to spend the rest of his career with no chance of advancement in WWE. He can potentially go elsewhere, such as New Japan for instance, and be viewed as more of an asset to the roster.

When you consider WWE looks to be keeping Jinder Mahal as WWE Champion for the foreseeable future, the arguments of Neville "not being good enough anyway" just don't really hold up; they don't really hold up for most others as well when you consider that Jinder may well be the most underwhelming WWE Champion of them all. In my opinion, Jinder is an example of Vince definitely choosing cosmetics over ability and if the impression has been given to Neville, or if he's been pretty much told for that matter, that he's not gonna rise above his current level in the company, then I can't blame him if he wants to leave.

THTRobtaylor 10-10-2017 09:12 PM

This makes sense to me... if Vince EVER wants a Brit WWE champ then Neville right now is his best bet, but maybe they (or he) think he needs time away to move up the card somewhere else...

As a fan of what the guy achieved, I am angry... for him personally it's probably fantastic... he is gonna rival/match Ziggler money and be better off for it.... like I said, seems wasteful for no reason tho....