WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   The Wrestling Archives (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   BREAKING: TNA Announces Next Hall of Famer - Earl Hebner (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=300559)

Johnny Scumm 09-14-2015 11:06 AM

BREAKING: TNA Announces Next Hall of Famer - Earl Hebner

From the @ImpactWrestling Twitter account;

Quote:

Breaking: @TheEarlHebner named the next inductee into the #TNAHOF! See it in Salem!
So, Earl Hebner goes into the HOF this year which I don't necessarily see as a bad thing. I mean, Hebner is cool, he's a brilliant referee & to this day he still gets involved in the action...

As Dixie Carter says, he has set the standard & I honestly have to say he's quite possibly the greatest referee out there.

However, it's the TNA HoF. What does it mean?

Azane 09-14-2015 12:31 PM

Most well known referee in the business for sure. I don't like the idea of a Referee being in the hall of fame but if you want to put one in, Earl is the one worth it.

Prince Vee 09-14-2015 12:33 PM

Well firstly, it's good to see TNA inducting a referee into their Hall of Fame amid their recent poor ratings and downships. They just could've inducted some hot personalities to gain popularity but they didn't, it seems like humane. But unfortunately that isn't going to bring up their TV ratings. If you want to increase your TV ratings, do something hot!

shafe_41 09-14-2015 12:42 PM

Yawwwwnnnn.

I can't think of anything less interesting for TNA to do at this point next to trying to continue to do business. I would be willing to say TNA will not even be around in two years so this won't matter anyway. It wouldn't shock me if they're gone by next year either. They might as well induct Adam Pacman Jones, Tito Ortiz, and that girl from Survivor that was in TNA for roughly 5 weeks. Just stop TNA. Please. It's over.

ABMorales787 09-14-2015 12:59 PM

Justice is served. This man should've been the very first inductee. Earl is a true legend of this business and ita about time ita recognized. Its not WWE but its a recognition none the less.

salopstick 09-14-2015 01:14 PM

What TNA have done is induct everyone they know (apart from JJ) who would end up in the WWE HoF.

It's disgraceful TNA mainstays the guys that put the company on the map like joe, aj, Daniels etc have not got it

Smacks of TNA just trying to one up WWE. Makes them look small time.

George Steele's Barber 09-14-2015 01:21 PM

I know trolls and non-trolls sometimes push the "WWE castoff" thing a little too much and this is not an appropriate example where it should be used but is it an appropriate example where it should be used?

What is the point of this? There are like four members and this is the fifth best they can do? Is there another wing of this Hall for non-wrestlers?

It's Dixie's Hall so I guess it is her call and I can make my own but this seems like kind of a joke. Was Christy Hemme getting her legs waxed the day of the induction?

Stone Cold Tea 09-14-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killjoy (Post 5290765)
Justice is served. This man should've been the very first inductee. Earl is a true legend of this business and ita about time ita recognized. Its not WWE but its a recognition none the less.

Ummm are you serious? Why should Earl have been the first inductee into the TNA HOF?

Also I guess he is the most recognisable ref out that. Is it true that he got sacked from WWE for stealing T-Shirts? If so that's a shame after all the great work he put in there.

rmp0012002 09-14-2015 05:30 PM

I guess as TNA you have to do something that seems positive but maybe, just maybe they should work a little harder on their product which is in the toilet right now.

Vintage 09-14-2015 07:18 PM

The replies don't surprise me at all unfortunately. I for one have no problem with any talent on TV being eligible for HOF honors. The referee absolutely makes or breaks a match.. like that skinny black WWE referee who i hate to describe that way but I just don't know his name with the over the top reactions to everything. Earl Hebner is the gold standard as far as refs go.. baby hebner got some big shoes to fill

Brockie: Not stealing. Selling the Montreal Screwjob shirt he always wears I believe.