WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   The Wrestling Archives (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Kingston and Truth (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=206362)

IHW 02-21-2012 09:12 PM

Kingston and Truth

What do you thing of this new pairing?

They have competed in 4 live matches in the last 3 nights. 2 of witch were tag matches.

They have beat the WWE Tag Team Champions.
They have lost to Ziggler and Swagger.

Do you think they are going to WM28 to face Primo and Epico?

I think they are a good pairing. Kofi continues to jump divisions, which is not a bad thing IMO. They do work well together.

Are they the next champions? I think they should get a match against Primo and Epico this week on Raw. Win the title, face them in a rematch the next week, and win again. This could set up for Ziggler and Swagger w/Vickie vs. WWE TT Champions Kofi and R-Truth. That gets 4 of the top midcard guys a spot at WM.
What do you think of that idea?

Suxen Redael 02-21-2012 09:34 PM

Na, they lost their steam tonight by losing to Swaggler. This will go one of three ways. Truth/Kingston vs Epico/Primo, Swaggler vs Epico/Primo, or a triple threat tag team elimination match. Either way, one of these 2 teams will go to WM.

TheLoneCharles 02-21-2012 09:36 PM

I like this pairing for the sole reason that R-Truth's mic work and comedic talents rub off on Kofi. Kofi has quickly become the second coming of Shelton Benjamin, and desperately needs to prove that he isn't a new Shelton.

covieo81 02-21-2012 11:29 PM

i would like to see kofi/truth form a tag team and stay a tag team. they are both decent legit singles midcard guys with nothing else really to do. at least their pairing works. get a couple more decent tag teams and maybe we can have a tag team division worth watching in wwe.

Str8Edge 02-22-2012 12:46 AM

Never been a fan a Kofi. Recently been a fan of Truth. The reason I DO LIKE this pair is because i don't hate Kofi as much anymore. I enjoy watching Truth, and Kofi gets that rub. If they can do stuff like Miz & Truth (yes I know Kofi is no Miz) i can really start digging them a lot. Just never got into Air Boom and hope they never team up again; I like this team way more.

ThinkinSmart 02-22-2012 01:31 AM

I don't like it. Kofi and Bourne were such a natural pairing and had such better chemistry and I understand why that team needs to be broken up but you gotta at least make a pairing just as good as Air Boom and not just throw together two Mid Card guys with out a current feud.

KingShaw3 02-22-2012 03:22 AM

I don't want to see this pairing again. The tag division is weak but does have a few decent teams. I want the tag teams who are already established to get some actual TV time. Plus, I'm tired of this treatment of Kofi. It's like they have no idea what to do with him.

Tyhump87 02-22-2012 03:30 AM

Nah, I don't like it. Kofi needs to get in a legit singles feud against a solid opponent. Putting Kofi and Truth in a tag team together with this weak division would only hinder them.

Khalifa 02-22-2012 03:33 AM

I wouldn't like them as a team anyway. I like both of them and think their tag team would be amazing but I can really see Kofi becoming a main eventer by the end of the year and R-Truth is great for an upper midcard jobber (to bring the likes of Rhodes etc over) and can even fill into the main event for awhile.

Plus this is just another stint WWE do every 3 months which is the most stupid thing. They bring down two upper mid cards or main eventers to hold onto the belts and help crediblize the belts then when they lose them they aren't to be heard or seen of again. Please stay or don't come at all.

TWJC: The Beginning 02-22-2012 03:38 AM

I'm guessing this is a short term deal. They complement each other well. Kofi has ring charisma, he has in ring talent, he has a look, he's an athlete, he's fairly over, if he just adds some character quirks to round out his character and better mic skills, he'll be awesome.

The reason I say it's short term is because both are too valuable as singles. Truth is very over and could become a champ in 2012. I'm guessing they pair the two through Mania and then take the training wheels off Kofi for the summer.