WrestleZone Forums

WrestleZone Forums (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/index.php)
-   The Wrestling Archives (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   FCW SHUT DOWN (http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=209327)

The Man They Call WMD 03-19-2012 10:58 PM

FCW SHUT DOWN

Quote:

WWE officials notified Bright House Network Monday that they have opted to cease their affiliation with the Florida based sports network as they are shutting down Florida Championship Wrestling effective immediately. Florida Championship Wrestling programming, which was taped last Thursday in Tampa, Florida, will cease to air on the network in three weeks.

Everyone involved with Florida Championship Wrestling will relocate to WWE's homebase in Stamford, Connecticut until a further decision regarding the developmental program is made.

WWE employees were given the impression that a developmental promotion will ultimately open in Connecticut with the possibility of a second at an undetermined location.

The promotion was started by former wrestler Steve Keirn in 2007 to be WWE's second developmental promotion when they ended their relationship with the Georgia-based Deep South Wrestling in early 2007. It became their sole developmental promotion in early 2008 when they ceased affiliation with Ohio Valley Wrestling.
I'm in shock. I don't know what they plan on doing. I'm very curious tho. I think the wait and see aproach is needed. So I'll wait for more news.

MoizH28 03-19-2012 11:43 PM

A lot of sites are assuming that a new facility will open in CT. I actually think WWE is gonna move the FCW talent to Booker T's wrestling school it makes to much sense. Booker T comes back on TE, then he becomes a weekly announcer on Smackdown then he re-opens his wrestling school. Anyone agree with me here?

Foshinzo 03-20-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoizH28 (Post 3782460)
A lot of sites are assuming that a new facility will open in CT. I actually think WWE is gonna move the FCW talent to Booker T's wrestling school it makes to much sense. Booker T comes back on TE, then he becomes a weekly announcer on Smackdown then he re-opens his wrestling school. Anyone agree with me here?

This makes a lot of sense, to me.

They're going to lose so much money through the WWE Network and WWE films that they're going to inevitably have to cut back.

That's how the WWE will die, if it ever does; it's going to implode on itself from debt. Then again, one WrestleMania can support half of these ventures for probably an entire year, so that's why this makes a lot of sense.

Maybe the FCW TV deal was crummy, maybe they just want to take developmental into a new area (like Booker's wrestling school,), but I'm sure that they're going to keep all of their guys under contract and just move the territory to Connecticut. It ultimately will benefit the developmental talent to work with a star like Booker T, too. This may look bad, now, but it is just a temporary move, I'm convinced.

sTyLnK 03-20-2012 12:09 AM

They wouldn't just shut FCW down without a plan. You don't need a bunch of sites telling you that they are more than likely setting up shop in Connecticut. It's common sense. Of course I could be wrong, but it's best to go with logical reason.

Rainbow Yaz 03-20-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshinzo (Post 3782494)
This makes a lot of sense, to me.

They're going to lose so much money through the WWE Network and WWE films that they're going to inevitably have to cut back.

That's how the WWE will die, if it ever does; it's going to implode on itself from debt. Then again, one WrestleMania can support half of these ventures for probably an entire year, so that's why this makes a lot of sense.

Maybe the FCW TV deal was crummy, maybe they just want to take developmental into a new area (like Booker's wrestling school,), but I'm sure that they're going to keep all of their guys under contract and just move the territory to Connecticut. It ultimately will benefit the developmental talent to work with a star like Booker T, too. This may look bad, now, but it is just a temporary move, I'm convinced.

Both of these make a lot of sense. I don't live in Florida so I couldn't tell you anything about FCW or its TV deal but I have to image it will be cheaper for them to open a new development territory close to their base of operations.

As it was said, with the WWE Network it will probably cost a lot of money to get it going. Plus they are having trouble getting it off the ground and have probably pumped a good chunk of money into it already.

The news is shocking, especially for it to break so late in the evening but I'm sure it will get sorted out soon. Probably shortly after Mania

Remy LaCroix 03-20-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

I just want to point out that Booker T's promotion rebranded. PWA is now ROW.

That is all.

Thumz9814 03-20-2012 01:05 AM

I live in Connecticut, and as awesome as it would be to have a wwe developmental territory finally come to the company's home state, it just wouldnt make sense to me. Despite Connecticut being the home of wwe's headquarters, there really isnt a ton of interest in wrestling in this state. I've been to dozens of shows in Hartford, Bridgeport, and at Mohegan Sun, and there is rarely a sell out. few outlets carry wwe merchandise, and those that do, dont have much. wwe is hardly ever advertised on local tv or radio stations here, and much of the time when wrestlers do signings in my state, the crowd that typically shows up is pitiful at best compared to the numbers found across the country.

In short, while it seems at a glance that wwe having their minor leagues in their home state would make sense, money-wise it just doesnt seem like an intelligent move. I say this with a heavy heart because, again, nobody would be as happy as me to have a DT here in Connecticut, but....thats just it, NOBODY would be as happy as me.

kor420 03-20-2012 01:13 AM

I'm not a bit surprised, and i just said last week in the comment sections that wwe was going to start scraping some stuff. WWE has been losing tons of money and when i heard a rumor that the wwe network was going to be pushed back to late in the year i immediately knew why. It's because of the financial situation the wwe is in, because why sink money into something big as your own network when you're already loosing millions.

I Wouldn't be surprised if wwe movies gets scraped and it wouldn't surprise me if this whole wwe network thing gets scraped as well.

I Did a little Research awhile back and when i was researching i started noticing a trend, and now i have been saying for years (not on here, another site) that by 2011-13 that the ratings will be hovering in the low 3s to high 2s and guess what? it is!! and if the trend is not slowed down, raw is going to be in the mid 2s to low 2s by the end of 2013.

Vince the billionaire is now a millionaire wwe is in trouble and is the "sinking titanic" but for some reason, people think WWE is this undestrutable force that could never go bankrupt.

Vince needs to get back to basics, fire every "yes men". The shows are childish and i'm truly embarrassed for letting my peers know i watch raw. Because you know what they say? "You still watch raw? that's for kids now!". Vince, it's time to get back to the smash mouth wrestling.

Ever since the PG-13 era, wwe has been steadily slipping and it hasn't slowed down. WWE is in trouble and no one seems to notice or care.

VinnieSunshine 03-20-2012 02:23 AM

Honestly Im glad this is happening. Awhile back it was mentioned that Triple H was looking to refine development...maybe this is part. Maybe he is looking to start from scratch.

I don't think WWE is in as much trouble as people think. Vince tried to branch out into different mediums...in this day you have to. The NFL is trying to branch out overseas. There is nothing wrong with it. It takes time and money people. Vince is a business man...he knows what he's doing. People get on his case too easy. How do you think the WWE got as big as it did? Vince took risks and branched out, and did things other promotions weren't doing at the time.

greatgenius10 03-20-2012 03:27 AM

why not make NXT the new developmental system? at least they're travelling with the full time guys. and what if JR & Regal becomes NXT's announce team?