PDA

View Full Version : 25 Diva Battle Royal

TheGreatSPAMbino
03-05-2009, 06:43 PM
Well theres a rumor circulating that at wrestlemania there will be a 25 diva battle royal with divas past and present. So what are your thoughts on this match, who do you want involved and who do you think will be involved. and also, who will go over.

Im making a prediction right now: Mae Young Bronco busters Santino.

Cena's Little Helper
03-05-2009, 06:59 PM
I honestly am not feeling this one, as Divas matches at Wrestlemania tend to suck horribly. If WWE ever wants Santino to amount to anything more than a comedic jobber, then they will have him steer clear of the Divas come this April (if anything, he should be in the MITB match). As far as who will win, I'm guessing either Kelly Kelly, Gail Kim, Michelle McCool, or Beth Phoenix. Personally, I'm hoping that Kim comes in and demolishes everyone. But, alas, Divas matches at Wrestlemania are WWE's version of halftime or the seventh-inning stretch, so I'm not expecting much.

My$terio_Fan
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Lol! I just wrote something in the general WM discussion, before this thread was made but I will write something for this aswell.

I am beyond stoked for this, just to be able to see greats like Lita, Trish, and Molly back. Sunny is also rumored to be involved which would has a nice nostalgia factor. Ashley could return if she is in good terms with Vince, so she's a possibility. Others maybe returning could include Victoria, Ivory, Jazz, Gail Torrie, and of course Mae Young.

While the match won't be anything special, it's just having all the divas back that will make it special. I think Mae hs a good chance of winning with the help of the other diva's but I hope they don't do that.

I'm hoping someone like McCool or Maryse arre put over in the match, but I think the WWE will won't a face diva and possibly a "legend" to win it. I think it would be nice to have Lita win it since her exit from the WWE was embarrasing and she deserved more(even though it made sence for her character). If they want to make Beth seem even more indestructible she'll win it but I think the WWE just want's this match to be special and not worry about putting people over and what not.

I would love to see Chyna come back just because she is friggin hilarious and a crack assed ho now, but her and the WWE are on such bad terms that I don't see it happening, although it would be fun.

Harthan
03-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Well, here's the current stock of Divas:

1. Beth Phoenix
2. Candice Michelle
3. Jillian Hall
4. Kelly Kelly
5. Layla
6. Melina
7. Mickie James
8. Brie Bella
9. Eve
10. Maria
11. Maryse
12. Michelle McCool
13. Natalya
14. Nikki Bella
15. Alicia Fox
16. Katie Lea Burchill

These are the Divas that WWE has listed in their alumni section:

1. Lita
2. Luna Vachon
3. Molly Holly
4. Sable
5. Sunny
6. Trish Stratus
7. Victoria

And of course, the Hall of Famer Mae Young, which STILL leaves us short one, even assuming all 7 of those do (and I doubt it.

Let's assume every Diva on the roster is in. Victoria should be good for an entry, and I think Sunny will go for it. Trish seems to be teasing it, and I bet Lita would come back for it. Mae Young is a given. So we have 21 spots filled - who are the remaining four?

Terri Runnels could come back, either as herself or come in with Goldust as Marlena. Sable might still be good, but we don't hear much of her, so who knows. There's Chyna, but who knows if she would take part in it. She'd be great for a domination spot, and a showdown with Beth. There's Stacy Keibler and Torrie Wilson out there as well, they're options. Miss Jackie (Haas's wife) is surely a contact for the company. There's also Dawn Marie, who if nothing else could try to land some exposure for that charity of hers. Jazz is out there somewhere.

But the number one choice?

I think this is the spot for Gail Kim. Kim will have several weeks of buildup, then they'll get all the Divas in, and there'll be 24. The ref will make a fuss, the Divas will be confused, and then Kim's music will hit, she'll roll out to a (hopefully) big pop, and kick some serious ass with a big win and propel herself to the top of the Divas division.

Mighty NorCal
03-05-2009, 07:35 PM
....Has there ever even BEEN 25 divas in the damn WWE?? Let alone enough who would be willing to be dredged up for THIS shit??

also...TWENTY FIVE?? this could make this battle royal run FAR too long. goodness gracious no. Im trying to pick which would be worse, watching an actual Diva match, or this. Im gonna say this, becuase we have Divas these days who can work a pretty serviceable match, such as Beth, Melina, and Mickie. For e personally, one of the highlights of WM 22 was the Mickie Vs Trish match. If we could get something like that again, (which is entirely possible) then itd obviously be much better than this shit. Thumbs down.

TheOneBigWill
03-05-2009, 08:27 PM
I think this could work a lot better than the traditional Diva Tag match. I mean, if this is the excuse gimmick match I have to put up with to see Trish, Lita, Molly, Victoria and possibly even Jazz and dare I say, Medusa.. then yes, in a heartbeat.

Don't get me wrong, Maryse > Michelle McCool in a heartbeat, however I'd really not prefer to see either of them in a Tag team contest wasting my Mania Sunday. Whereas in a battle royal, a lot of the lesser (current) Divas, could be thrown out. And the final 4 could come down to Trish, Lita, Phoenix & Melina.

And whoever says that wouldn't be nice to see, as opposed to say "Kelly Kelly & Melina v. Beth & Maryse, w/ Santino".. *yawn*

NightShiftLegend
03-06-2009, 01:21 AM
We can all safely assume, that neither Women's title was going to be defended at 'Mania. We can also safely assume, that they weren't going to be merged, and that a tag team Divas match would be just about as boring as every Diva match we see on RAW or Smackdown.

So, I'm not totally against this concept. It'll be nice for them to pay homage to Divas of the past as they celebrate WrestleMania 25, and there's a chance for us to see what the Divas look like nowadays. Trish and Lita would definitely need to be in the final few, as would Beth, Mickie, and Melina. Mae Young will definitely make her comedy appearance, and who knows what else they would throw in to keep it interesting.

I'd expect the first 15 or so to be gone pretty quickly. The last 10 would have a few spots, but I think it'd lead to Beth winning. They want to showcase the old Divas, but they can't make the current Divas look weak.

Here's who I think the 25 would be:

Beth Phoenix, Melina, Mickie James, Maryse, Michelle McCool, Candice Michelle, Maria Kanellis, Rosa Mendes, Jillian Hall, Kelly Kelly, Natalya Neidhart, Alicia Fox, Katie Lea Burchill, Victoria, Lita, Trish Stratus, Molly Holly, Mae Young, Sunny, Jazz, Medusa, Ivory, Molly Holly, Terri Runnels, and Gail Kim

Bernkastel
03-06-2009, 01:45 AM
If this battle royale is to happen, I think having Beth win would be a total waste. The girl isn't even the current champ at the moment, nor is she the focus of the current champ. Now that doesn't mean that she probably won't go go far in the match, but I don't even expect Beth to make it to the final 4 of the match.

LOL at Gail kim winning the match, even if Gail kim does debut during this match (and I'm not sure that she will) what's the point of bringing in women of high profile such as Trish and Lita just to job them out?

LOL at Madusa getting a mention, sorry guys, I think she's quite content competing with Monster Trucks, I'd seriously doubt she'd show.

I believe both Dawn Marie and Sable are currently pregnant, so both of them are out.

I expect Trish to win the match, as to who gets second place, I wouldn't be surprised if Maryse eliminates Lita or Melina for second. Mickie James is still quite popular, so it would not surprise me to see her do quite well, but like Beth, I wouldn't expect her to crack the top final 4.

I'd say the final 4 would be Trish, Lita, Melina, and Maryse. Maryse eliminates Melina, then eliminates Lita, ultimately Trish wins it.

Y 2 Jake
03-06-2009, 03:03 AM
This is the sexist in me saying this, or the factualist (real word?), but women battle royals are awful. I'bve never seen a good one. Women just can't do those matces. Give b
me the best female wrestler in the world and she'll still be involved in a crap battle royal. Mostly because she'll have about 10 other females fucking the thing up.

If they want a match to celebrate 25 years of WrestleMania then they need a Hogan or Austin match. Or at the very, very minimum, make this a gimmick battle royal.

Phoenix
03-06-2009, 06:49 AM
This is the sexist in me saying this, or the factualist (real word?), but women battle royals are awful. I'bve never seen a good one. Women just can't do those matces. Give b
me the best female wrestler in the world and she'll still be involved in a crap battle royal. Mostly because she'll have about 10 other females fucking the thing up.

If they want a match to celebrate 25 years of WrestleMania then they need a Hogan or Austin match. Or at the very, very minimum, make this a gimmick battle royal.

Is it wrong of me to say the gimmick Battle Royale at WM17 was pretty fun to watch?

I think the only thing I could see getting benefits from this Battle Royale is seeing my favourites like Trish and Lita returning, and lots of botches occuring too.

Rusty
03-06-2009, 07:36 AM
What was wrong with Melina vs Maryse? I was actually looking forward to see the Womens Champion and the Divas Champion face off in a non title bout. This match could be interesting, but 25 Divas is a bit much. The match won't last 10 minutes, so that means we are going to be having eliminations left, right and center. As for the winner, I still don't think a retired Diva should win this. Would would she gain from it? Trish Stratus and Lita have done it all in the WWE, so they don't need to win this, and being the 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania is still no excuse.

Maryse, Kelly Kelly, Mickie James or Melina should win this. All 4 are basically the future of Womens wrestling in my eyes, and Melina and Mickie are basically in their prime already. Trish and all the other retired Divas should be in this match for the attention and for gaining the interest of the old school fans. I still think having all their Divas plus retired Divas is overdoing it a little. I know Wrestlemania is the biggest show, but this match won't accomplish much, similar to last years lame playboy tag team match.

I still think the WWE should create a new "era" in Womens wrestling by having the two top Womens Champions in action against each other. Make it a lumberjill match or something, but have Melina face Maryse. Although I am looking forward to see 25 sexy women crowd the ring, I just think it's not the best option at this stage. I just really, really hope I get to see Torrie Wilson. It's probably the only thing that I'm looking forward to at Wrestlemania at this point of time, and I'm actually being 100% serious.

thewrestlinghero
03-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Well there is a rumor going around that the wwe wants to have a battle royal consiting of divas from past present and future. With that being said i think its a good idea almost every wrestlemania the divas matches are some type of flashy playboy covergirl match or sometype of tag team match. but this is different this is a match that i think people would want to see see old faces like lita and trish going against divas like beth natylia and mickie in a battle royal seem pretty good. but my qustion is if the wwe is planning to have this type of match which divas would you want in it The divas i want in it are

Trish Stratus
Lita
Torrie Wilson
Terri
Ivory
Gail Kim
Alicia Fox
Katie Lea Burchill
Luna Vachon
Natalya
Michelle McCool
Maria
Alundra Blayze (I don't know if she still has a grudge)
Mickie James
Kelly Kelly
Beth Phoenix
Layla
Jazz
Jillian
Eve Torres
Sable
Stacy Kiebler (Vince will lure her with the munnnay!)
Molly Holly
sunny

And the final two people will be the first two women to compete at Wrestlemania. And that's Lelani Kei, and Wendi Richter. I hope Wendi doesn't still have hate for Vince.

Now if all these women are in this match i have a feeling that this would actually be a pretty good divas match for wrestlemania.

also i did not add Chyna to my list for the very well reason is i heard she hates vince and triple h and she parted ways on bad terms But yeah if wwe is haveing this divas battle royal who would you want it in and why

note: close this if you must

timmy872
03-08-2009, 03:49 PM
To be honest, this match is perhaps the most important, and could be remembered as the most important in the Diva division history. So whoever wins will be getting a huge honour in my eyes. List of entrants I expect, given the information I have read in this thread and my own;

1. Sunny
2. Trish Stratus
3. Lita
4. Torrie Wilson
5.Terri
6. Ivory
7. Jackie Gayda - Haas
8. Alicia Fox
9. Katie Lea Burchill
10. Luna Vachon
11. Maria
12. Michelle McCool
13. Natalya
14. Ashley
15. Mickie James
16. Kelly Kelly
17. Beth Phoenix
18. Layla
19. Jazz
20. Jillian
21. Eve Torres
22. Victoria
23. Mae Young
24. Molly Holly

Stephanie, Chyna, Lillian Garcia, Nidia, Joy Giovanni, Amy Weber, Stacy Keibler, Wendi Ritcher, Debra, Gail Kim

As to who 25 will be Im not sure. These aren't the order of entry I'm predicting just participants.

Stephanie McMahon - Why in the hell not?

Chyna - A confrontation with Phoenix would be priceless.

Lillian Garcia - Imagine her winning? She has been loyal to WWE for so many years.

Nidia - Former Diva..

Joy, Amy - Two short stint Divas from Diva Search

Stacy Kiebler - to be honest, I think she is doing what the Rock is to launch her tv/film career, trying to distance herself as much as she can, I don't honestly

Wendi Ritcher - Texan native, first Women's Champion, only 45, not Mae Young age. First WWF Women's Champion, I believe.

Debra - Former valet/Diva, hasn't been seen in a long time, probably looking for a pay day.

Gail Kim - The reports I've heard have Kim debut after Wrestlemania, perhaps she will debut in a match against who ever does win the Battle Royal (say Maryse) and defeat her in her re-debut match.

Ryanhitman316
03-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Well there is a rumor going around that the wwe wants to have a battle royal consiting of divas from past present and future. With that being said i think its a good idea almost every wrestlemania the divas matches are some type of flashy playboy covergirl match or sometype of tag team match. but this is different this is a match that i think people would want to see see old faces like lita and trish going against divas like beth natylia and mickie in a battle royal seem pretty good. but my qustion is if the wwe is planning to have this type of match which divas would you want in it The divas i want in it are

Trish Stratus
Lita
Torrie Wilson
Terri
Ivory
Gail Kim
Alicia Fox
Katie Lea Burchill
Luna Vachon
Natalya
Michelle McCool
Maria
Alundra Blayze (I don't know if she still has a grudge)
Mickie James
Kelly Kelly
Beth Phoenix
Layla
Jazz
Jillian
Eve Torres
Sable
Stacy Kiebler (Vince will lure her with the munnnay!)
Molly Holly
sunny

And the final two people will be the first two women to compete at Wrestlemania. And that's Lelani Kei, and Wendi Richter. I hope Wendi doesn't still have hate for Vince.

Now if all these women are in this match i have a feeling that this would actually be a pretty good divas match for wrestlemania.

also i did not add Chyna to my list for the very well reason is i heard she hates vince and triple h and she parted ways on bad terms But yeah if wwe is haveing this divas battle royal who would you want it in and why

note: close this if you must

I was thinking about the same thing. It would had been nice if Trish, Lita, Sunny, Sable, Jazz, Chyna and Alundra Blayze are in it. I can just image Trish going up against Beth or Natalya.....what about the retire Victoria? she was good 2

Scott Free
03-09-2009, 01:57 PM
I read somewhere that the WWE is planning to put on a 25 Divas battle royal for Wrestlemania, plenty of news sites are spreading this around, I'm having trouble figuring out how are they going to get 25 Divas for that. Even including former Divas, I can't come up with 25 names. Anybody care to try and guess ?

timmy872
03-09-2009, 03:09 PM
People have already done that. But it seems as if Candice is injured and won't be involved. So heres my updated list;

1. Sunny
2. Trish Stratus
3. Lita
4. Torrie Wilson
5.Terri
6. Ivory
7. Jackie Gayda - Haas
8. Alicia Fox
9. Katie Lea Burchill
10. Luna Vachon (or Debra)
11. Maria
12. Michelle McCool
13. Natalya
14. Ashley
15. Mickie James
16. Kelly Kelly
17. Beth Phoenix
18. Layla
19. Jazz
20. Jillian
21. Eve Torres
22. Victoria
23. Mae Young
24. Molly Holly
25. Rosa Mendez (or Debra)

This is without either Maryse or Melina involved.

Debra somewhere..I think this match will be surprisingly good, perhaps they will remove the two Champions and announce that the winner has a title shot later in the night, like the ECW Battle Royal last year. What I last heard was that it would be a pre-show thing, WWE.com feature. Or maybe we will have Maryse vs Melina in the actual show, that would be good.

defygravity69
03-10-2009, 05:10 PM
First there are the active women wrestlers:

1. Beth Phoenix
2. Mickie James
3. Kelly Kelly
4. Melina
5. Maryse
6. Michelle McCool
7. Natalya
8. Maria
9. Eve
10. Brie Bella
11. Nikki Bella
12. Alicia Fox
13. Layla
14. Jillian
15. Katie Lea Burchill

from the current roster that leaves, Candice (injured), Tiffany, Rosa Mendes, and Lillian Garcia.....Tiffany and Lillian don't wrestle and they haven't officially introduced Rosa as a competitor.

Then there are those who have been reportedly contacted :

16. Sunny
17. Jackie Gayda
18. Debra
19. Wendy Richter

Those who are somewhat of a given :

20. Mae Young
21. Trish Stratus
22. Lita

If she returns:

23. Gail Kim

Leaving 2 wild cards

24. Victoria
25. Molly Holly

Wild cards could also include Torrie Wilson, Jazz, Ashley, Terri, Ivory, or Luna

Jacquelyn and Christy are with TNA
Sable and Dawn are pregnant
Stacy Keibler is trying to stray away from the wrestling image
Honorable mentions that have no chance in hell: Chyna, Kristal, Kat, Tori, Cherry, Madusa, Ariel, Trinity

AnthonyMango/NoFate007
03-11-2009, 11:03 PM
Best possible match they could have. I'm really glad that they're having a battle royal instead of a singles match. :)

As far as who can win it? Well, I think there are only a few possibilities. You can never really count out Trish, nor can you COMPLETELY rule out the possibility that they could have Gail Kim make her debut here, even though I don't think she will. I'd have to say that out of the "past divas", the only one with a chance at winning is Trish, and out of the present divas, there are a few choices. Out of the current ones, they're not really pushing Natalya right now, nor would a win for Beth mean too much, so I think it's down to Melina, Michelle, Kelly, or Maryse.

They have a good opportunity here to give some of the heels a real chance to look like bitches. For instance, if they want Michelle to really get booed, since she's atrocious on the mic, they could have her throw out a fan favorite like Lita and really rub it in her face.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Kelly wins this to help try to put her over as a legitimate contender for the women's title, and if not Kelly, then Michelle. Should be fun, outside of Mae Young.

kenvin100
03-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Oh goodie, the worst match of the year has to happen for the grandest stage of them all. It was already dumb enough to have two womens championships, if they really want a "true match" have Beth Phoenix face Trish Stratus or something, but god not this. Lets watch 20 minutes of botched moves hurray! Whatever, seeing that I will need a washroom break watching 4 hrs of WM, that is a great time to have it, assuming its not the first match of the night.

I really dont know whats worse, this, or the stupid gimmick battle royal...:|

KillBill
03-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Mae Young, Bedra, Dawn, Sable, and Terri Runnels are out. I saw a pic of Gail Kim when the showed it on Raw.

Sean Valjean
03-17-2009, 02:21 AM
I expect Gail Kim to re-debut in this match and probably win it. What better way to get her over than to beat 24 other divas on the biggest stage of them all. Hey, she won the women's title in her first match the last time, so why not?

I think this match will be more entertaining than people are giving credit for. Sure, there are alot of crappy divas, but there are alot of good ones too. All I want is Trish, Lita, Molly, Jazz, Beth, Melina, Mickie, Gail Kim, Victoria, Ivory, and Natalya. The rest I don't have much of an issue with.

Also, as anyone considered Francine as an option? She was on WWECW briefly and the WWE own ECW, so why not? I'm sure she'd get a big pop if she showed and she's better than alot of the other girls that'll be in this.

My$terio_Fan
03-17-2009, 02:38 AM
Well if everyone in the graphic that was shown is in the match that leaves 6 spots. Sunny has pretty much confirmed her pressence so that leaves 5. Gail Kim was including on the graphic so unless it was a mistake she should be there.

Lita, Ashley, & Molly Holly have all said that they won't be there because of other commitments or for personal reasons. While they could just be trying to throw fans off, if Lita isn't there and Molly too I will be very upset.

Rumors are Victoria & Torrie are "scheduled" to be in it, but take that with a grain of salt. Then we have Trish Stratus who will undoubtly be involved. Also Wendi Richter and Jackie Gayda have both confirmed that they have been in contact so they could be options as well.

I really hope they put someone over in this match(either Melina, Michelle or Maryse)or use it for the re-debuting Gail Kim to instantly get over and instantly be in the thick of things. But since it's "Miss Wrestlemania" and Trish Stratus is the WWE's favorite Diva, I really see her winning it(but aslong as it's not someone stupid like Vickie or Mae, I will be alright).

Y 2 Jake
03-17-2009, 07:03 AM
During tonight's edition of RAW, a graphic was shown promoting the 25-Diva Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXV. The graphic featured the following participants: Beth Phoenix, Candice Michelle, Jillian, Kelly Kelly, Layla, Melina, Mickie James, Rosa Mendes, Brie Bella, Eve, Gail Kim, Maria, Maryse, Michelle McCool, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Alicia Fox, Katie Lea Burchill, and Tiffany. Gail Kim has yet to debut, so this may end up being her official return to a WWE ring. As noted earlier, the battle royal will feature WWE Divas from the past, so six spots are open.

My one hope is that Eve's boobs pops out. But I'm not against it happening to any of them in general, it's not like this match will have any other redeeming features. I guess people will mark out for Trish. But they would've more if she hadn't been on Raw just a month or so ago.

Edit: I also think Santino will participate in the match.

DeadmanInc.
03-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Trish Stratus is an obvious participant since she is basically the golden girl of WWE. If WWE isn't going to use this battle royal to put someone over, then Trish is the most likely winner.

I'm still hoping Lita will show up even though she stated she has reasons to not be there. Lita and Trish pioneered the women's division and Trish got a storybook ending while Lita had an embarrassing leave which she did not deserve. Lita winning this match would finally give her the recognition she deserved.

If this battle royal is being used to put someone over, I really hope Maryse wins. She has drastically improved in the ring and her character is great. Winning would give her so much more to gloat about which will be perfect for her character.

AnthonyMango/NoFate007
03-20-2009, 02:18 AM
There's a report out there that Vince is "very high on Maryse right now", so that helps her chances of winning this battle royal, but I think now that WWE has announced the active-roster participants, the idea that there are 4 possibilities to win it from the current Divas (Melina, Maryse, Kelly, and Michelle) is out the window, because Gail Kim is going to be in it.

Now, I haven't read the spoilers for Smackdown's tapings, so I don't know if she's going to debut before WrestleMania, but if they really do make her first appearance coming back actually be the battle royal, I think only two options will happen for her:

1) She's the last to be eliminated and starts a feud with whomever eliminates her (likely Michelle or Maryse)

2) She wins and starts her return in a big way with a WrestleMania win above all the other Divas.

I could see them giving Maryse a noteworthy spot in the match and still having her lose. Either she could be the last to be eliminated by Gail Kim, or she could be the one to eliminate a "big name" like Trish Stratus. That would give her a position to look good in it. Hm....thinking about Maryse in various positions and looking good with Trish......;)

But yeah, unless Gail gets eliminated by someone who she starts a feud with, she'll probably be the winner.

OIL
04-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Gail won't win this match. The main reason, how do you think that's going to make the other Divas feel if a Knockout from TNA just came in and won the match at the biggest event in wrestling? I know Gail is better than them, but I just don't see it happening.

It comes down to Kelly Kelly, Mickie James, Maryse, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix & Trish. They're the biggest Divas on the roster right not. Well, Trish isn't on the roster but yeah. Torrie Wilson, Sunny & Jackie Gayada-Hass have been confirmed to take part. I still don't see any of them winning though. They're not big enough names to win this match.

RendarSelin
04-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Well lets see...with everyone currently announced we have:
1.) Beth Phoenix
2.) Melina
3.) Maryse
4.) Mickie James
5.) Maria
6.) Kelly Kelly
7.) Jillian
8.) Gail Kim
9.) Michelle McCool
10.) Alicia Fox
11.) Katie Lea Burchill
12.) Brie Bella
13.) Nikki Bella
14.) Eve
15.) Layla
16.) Natalya
17.) Tiffany
18.) Rosa Mendes
19.) Jackie Gayda
20.) Sunny
21.) Torrie Wilson
22.) Victoria
23.) Molly Holly
So this leaves 2 spots left...Trish Stratus seems to be a no-brainer...not too sure about Lita (although I would hope she would participate). Ashley has said she wants to return...but she may be covering her tracks and surprise return at the battle royal (although I could care less...I never liked her much). Stacy Keibler seems like a long shot...Sable and Dawn Marie won't due to pregnancies...since they are featuring past Divas Mae Young may be included...(although a woman her age needs to stop taking bumps...)it's really a toss up for these last couple of Divas...hopefully it's Trish and Lita but you never know with WWE...Vince loves his surprises and is probably keeping it close...(although wouldn't more people be excited about this pointless match if they advertised Trish and Lita?)

weird86
04-02-2009, 05:15 PM
with Nidia just being added that makes 24. With Trish saying shes not doing anything that means either her, Santino Marella, or Chyna will be the 25th. I'm gonna go on a limb and say Chyna

psykohurricane
04-02-2009, 06:30 PM
i wouldn't be surprise to see Santino being the 25 participant in this since he's been trying to be in this match for a while now. The only thing that could prevent santino from being in this match would be if Santino wrestles monkey santino at wrestlemania. On santino's casa, he's did challenge a monkey name Santino to a match at wrestlemania and on this week's casa, he did say that the monkey accepted the chanllenge so i don'T know, maybe Santino won't be able to make it into the battle royal because of that. So if Santino doesn't make it as a official participant then Trish Stratus will be the last participant.

HHHDiedForOurSins
04-04-2009, 10:18 AM
I hope either Maryse or Gail Kim win this match, it would be pointless to have Trish Stratus return for one night and be booked to look stronger than the rest of the roster, she's already the most popular diva of all time, she doesn't need to win this, plus it would be great for Maryse, Beth or Michelle to eliminate her and get huge heat from the crowd.

The Age of Orton
04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
My Prediction

25 Diva Battle Royal - Eve - Really not bothered who wins, just hope it is finished as quick as it begins. Will be nice to see a couple of old faces, and I can Santino being in the final four or five, before the other Divas team up on him to chuck him out. Eve is just a totally random pick.

KnowYourRole
04-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Creative entrance... I'm pulling for Sunny..

KnowYourRole
04-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Lol @ Santino in drag

K-Fizz
04-06-2009, 02:17 AM
Was it just me or was it really REALLY hard to keep up with this match since divas were being thrown out every other second? Also, is Santino being relegated to the comedic jobber role now?

joesgoingtoeatu
04-06-2009, 09:11 AM
that wa ridculous. It made me angry first that the announcers tried to act like they didnt know that was Santino. And 2nd even though im not a big fan of diva wrestling, every diva should feel angry that none of them was worth the rub to Vince. And 3rd yes they were thrown out so quick it was really hard to pay attention. This had to make it to the pay per view but the tag match was out lol give me a break

NightShiftLegend
04-06-2009, 11:49 AM
:disappointed:

I can say, without a doubt, that this is the worst 'Mania match ever. Quick, someone give me King Kong Bundy and a team of midgets...

I wanted Beth to win, because she's my favorite, but as soon as I saw Santino in there, I knew what was going to happen. It was bad enough he was infecting my TV, and it was even worse that he won. For his role, it would've worked better to have him get throw out first. Especially after what happened at the Rumble.

NSL Grade: F

Baller
04-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Funny. But worst match for Wrestlemania by far. This crap makes the card but not WWE TAG TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH. This shouldve been the dvd match. Case closed.

RVDgurl
04-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Why would the WWE think that this match was a good fit for a Wrestlemania card? Really. The tag team match gets bumped yet the Diva's battle royal remains? Sometimes I truly question the sanity of the WWE booking team. Yes, the Santino spot was funny, but it could have very easily been done on any given RAW show. To have that spot on a Wrestlemania card is just hard to swallow. Very poor booking and a complete waste of time. THis match made a very mediocre show even worse.

donutman
04-06-2009, 03:58 PM
WWE really dropped the ball on this one. Unlike most people, I didn't mind a divas match at Wrestlemania. Why not? Ladies have been part of the Wrestling business for a while too. The problem I had was with how they handled this match. This could have held this in higher prestige but was made into a comedy spot. I felt sorry for the ladies. No entrances or nothing. I was there live and hardly knew who was in the battle royal. Sunny looked great but I barely noticed her.

Slam Master
04-06-2009, 07:16 PM
I was really looking forward to this one. I wanted Maryse to win. Needless to say, I just about left the room when I saw Santino in the ring. Diva matches are just about my favorite part of the WW......(ugh)E nowadays. The divas should all feel insulted. Vince and Co. put absolutely no effort into it.

OIL
04-06-2009, 08:08 PM
This was an awful excuse for a match, and it was insulting to the WWE Divas. I understand now that they have NO respect for the Divas, otherwise they would have given them a real match. A Diva didn't even win the fucking match. It was funny for a few seconds, but afterwards it was just plain awful. It's insulting and I preffered last year's Divas match. At least I could follow that match, plus it included some decent wrestling compared to this. Just plain awful.

DeadmanInc.
04-06-2009, 08:38 PM
This was an awful excuse for a match, and it was insulting to the WWE Divas. I understand now that they have NO respect for the Divas, otherwise they would have given them a real match. A Diva didn't even win the fucking match. It was funny for a few seconds, but afterwards it was just plain awful. It's insulting and I preffered last year's Divas match. At least I could follow that match, plus it included some decent wrestling compared to this. Just plain awful.

Agreed. It's no wonder that greats like Lita and Trish didn't even bother to show up. It's a shame that they didn't take this match seriously because there were a lot of talented Divas in that ring that could have used a push, particularly Maryse. If she won this match she could easily gloat about it for weeks, and its perfect for her character.

defygravity69
04-08-2009, 02:59 AM
This was sad.....they made a big deal about having the Divas come back and then didn't even feature them......and having Santino in it was disgraceful. For a few seconds toward the end of the segment when Santino was doing his little dance, I hoped Trish would come out and kick his ass.....thank God she didn't even waste her time.....I assume she and others like Lita heard what they were wanting to do and told WWE to go fuck themselves

Muffin Top Merkley
04-12-2009, 01:04 PM
WHAT A LET DOWN THIS MATCH WAS!!!

This match could have been something.

25 Divas. Past and Present.

But they gave no time to this match. No introduction. No format. No announcing. Not once did they let the audience know who was in the match. and Santina?!?! Half way through the match, the divas should have all ganged up on Santina and eliminated him thus making it an actual match what would mean something.

Especially if it came down to something like Beth Phenoix and Victoria and they had a 5 min match before an elimination. UPSETTING.

Moriya
04-12-2009, 01:11 PM
ya really, can't even see Sunny and Holly Molly's FACE at all

wtf...

no wonder trish is not in it.

Dagger Dias
04-12-2009, 02:53 PM
This was so dissappointing. This match could have been one of the most memorable moments for the divas, but NO. Two things destroyed this match completely. That would be....

1- Kid Rock.
His "concert" was a little boring and did not need to go on as long as it did. I would have loved to see each diva get her own entrance, they all deserved it (except santina, ill get to "her" in a moment!) but nope, they did not get that due to this guy.

2- Santina.
It was supposed to be funny, and I get that. A lot of people did. Some around me at the show even rooted for him, again because of the joke. However, Santina winning would have made more sense if it was the 2nd or 3rd go around. Instead, "her" winning this has destroyed any prestige it could ever have. Beth should have won this, and eliminated Santina towards the end. The end result is obviously the reason why Trish wasn't there, she and the others that didn't come back obviously saw how STUPID it would be for Santina to win.

Could have been great, but due to Kid Rock and Santina, it wasn't.

-

Mighty NorCal
04-17-2009, 01:11 AM
I mean. do I even need to say it?

Maybe...just possibly...the worst failure of anything ever at mania. In fact, id love to see a person name me something worse. Sounds like a good thread idea :shifty:

Fucking terrible. I hear Sunny and Torrie were in it. No one would know, since there was zero recognition of it. and Santino won, dressed in drag. So the focus was entirely taken from the girls. My, how we have fallen since Trish Vs Mickie. 0/10. Not one redeemable quality.

Rich
04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, I saw the match, with the result of "Santina" winning and I was like, WTF?! They let a bloke in drag win a WOMEN'S Battle Royal?! What dopey twat on the booking team came up with THAT idea?!