PDA

View Full Version : Int Region, SF Subregion, Second Round: (2) Randy Savage vs. (15) Brock Lesnar

klunderbunker
04-26-2012, 02:23 PM
This is a second round match in the International Region, San Francisco Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Cow Palace, San Francisco, California.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/Cow%20Palace.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xsVE5mscYQ8/TdbK8x1kBuI/AAAAAAAABZI/RdxZWd6HtJ8/s400/savage.jpg

#2. Randy Savage

Vs.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/article/media_slots/photos/000/384/099/lesnar4_original.jpg?1333454362

#15. Brock Lesnar

This match takes place 1 week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Uncle Sam
04-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Thomas Hobbes invented social contract theory, and believed that he would drown internally if he didn't sweat out a certain amount of water a day. Isaac Newton established several fundamental laws of motion, and was driven partially mad by mercury poisoning in his later life. Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio was a hugely influential painter, particularly famous for the use of dramatic lighting in his work, and once killed a man in a pub brawl. Randy "Macho Man" Savage was a wrestler famous for his work in WWE and WCW, where he held numerous world championships, and he would go on to release a rap album.

These men have many things in common. They are all, to varying degrees, figures of incredible historical significance, particularly within their own fields, and incredibly interesting and compelling figures at that. They will be remembered for generations to come; Hobbes for his innovation of political theory, Newton for his revolutionising of science, Caravaggio for his incredible, evocative art, and Randy Savage for his wrestling. What's more, Brock Lesnar would kick the ever loving shit out of each and every one of them.

"Quit violating the terms of the social contract!" Hobbes would scream as Lesnar unleashed the state of nature on his ass.

"Every action has an equal and opposite reaction!" Newton would cry as his face reacted with the floor.

"[Something about art, presumably in Italian]!" Caravaggio would yelp as the walls were painted with his own blood.

Randy Savage was a more interesting man than Brock Lesnar - he dressed in more colours than the rainbow and pissed pure charisma. Randy Savage was a better wrestler than Brock Lesnar - even if Lesnar's wrestling career didn't total about two years cumulatively, his accomplishments would still be dwarfed by Savage's. Randy Savage was a more significant and certainly more influential wrestler than Brock Lesnar - Savage is in the top ten of all time in terms of fame, popularity and influence.

The same could be said - again, to varying degrees - about Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, Big Show, The Rock, and The Undertaker. Brock Lesnar destroyed all of them in short order. Being more interesting, more charismatic, more popular or more significant was neither sword nor shield for them. Lesnar kicked out of the Rock Bottom. Lesnar dragged his and Ric Flair's bodies across the ring to escape the figure four. Lesnar kicked out of Hulk Hogan's leg drop.

Make no mistake - Lesnar was a monster, but he was no monster of the week. The Lord Tensais and Rybacks of present day WWE are built up today so that they can be knocked down tomorrow. The only reason Lesnar was ever knocked down was because he was gonna blow the joint, and even then it was in a controversial match against Goldberg at WrestleMania. Lesnar wasn't being fed to anyone - he was doing the feeding. On his plate were the King of the Ring, the Royal Rumble, the main event of WrestleMania, the Undisputed WWE Championship, and every big name the wrestling world had to offer. Brock Lesnar was the legend killer while Randy Orton was still building up his tan. Savage fits in perfectly on the list of Lesnar's victims.

"Oh no - the evidence would suggest that this would have been the likely outcome, and it has indeed come to fruition. Yeeeaahhh!" Randy Savage would proclaim as Lesnar pinned him.

Davi323
04-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Let's see...what is each known for? Randy Savage is probably best known for his brilliant match against Steamboat that stole the show away from Hogan and Andre and being one of the greatest in-ring performers of all time. Lesnar's most memorable moment in a wrestling ring was fucking up a shooting star press against Kurt Angle, and making a mockery of his final Wrestlemania match by boring the fuck out of the audience against Bill Goldberg because both were leaving and didn't give a fuck.

Brock Lesnar is not invincible. Yeah, he is a brute force of nature...but I reject the notion that Savage doesn't have what it takes to beat him. Eddie Guerrero beat Lesnar. Kurt Angle beat Lesnar. The Big Show beat Lesnar. Randy Savage could beat Lesnar.

rmr21ela
04-26-2012, 03:21 PM
my vote is lesnar, he was just so good during his short time, based on that short time dominance i have to give it to him, though macho man is a very close 2nd

way i see the ending is macho man going for his elbow brock gets him mid-air F5 1-2-3 on to the next one.

Uncle Sam
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Eddie Guerrero beat Lesnar.

No, Bill Golderg beat Brock Lesnar. Eddie Guerrero was fortunate enough to be having a match with Lesnar at the time, and one in which he was getting destroyed at that.

Kurt Angle beat Lesnar.

This I'll give you. Angle holds one of a handful of clean wins over Lesnar, via submission at SummerSlam during Brock's second heel turn.

The Big Show beat Lesnar.

The Big Show beat Brock Lesnar after Heyman betrayed him. Lesnar would go on to prove how much of a cheat this was by whooping the shit out of Show continuously for the remainder of their feud, including F-5ing him through an announce table and defeating him in a stretcher match - a match, you'll notice, designed to favour The Big Show.

Lesnar's not invincible, but he's frighteningly close.

steve_smith
04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Savage carries this match. He got an entertaining match out of an old, drunk, and out of shape Andre the Giant, he'll get us one out of this neantherdal. For that reason alone, vote Savage. Also, I'm pretty sure Macho Man's W-L record as a face is better than Lesner's as a heel. Now that I think about it, I can't ever remember Macho losing as a face. And Macho Man would, undoubtedly, be the face.

The match itself goes like this,
Savage entertains us for 20 minutes. The crowd is going bananas for Macho. Lesner dominates a lot of the match but, in the end, Savage finds his way to the top rope and crushes Lesner with the elbow for the 1-2-3. The roof comes off the building. This is how it all would have went down in wrestling's golden era. The face always wins in a match like this. Vote Macho Man one of the icons of Pro Wrestling over the neantherdal who disrespected this sport in order to get cut by a professional football team and to get his ass kicked in MMA.

The Crock
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Savage carries this match. He got an entertaining match out of an old, drunk, and out of shape Andre the Giant, he'll get us one out of this neantherdal. For that reason alone, vote Savage. Also, I'm pretty sure Macho Man's W-L record as a face is better than Lesner's as a heel. Now that I think about it, I can't ever remember Macho losing as a face. And Macho Man would, undoubtedly, be the face.

It's L-E-S-N-A-R. Embrace the phonics.

Now, this has nothing to do with how good of a match Macho Man would be able to pull out of Lesnar. Yeah, Macho Man was one hell of an in-ring performer and he'll be remembered as an all-time great... but Brock Lesnar made a living kicking the shit out of all-time greats. Brock Lesnar, in his prime, was an unstoppable force.

The match itself goes like this,
Savage entertains us for 20 minutes. The crowd is going bananas for Macho. Lesner dominates a lot of the match but, in the end, Savage finds his way to the top rope and crushes Lesner with the elbow for the 1-2-3. The roof comes off the building. This is how it all would have went down in wrestling's golden era. The face always wins in a match like this. Vote Macho Man one of the icons of Pro Wrestling over the neantherdal who disrespected this sport in order to get cut by a professional football team and to get his ass kicked in MMA.

Ass kicked in MMA? He was the UFC World Heavyweight Champion with all of 4 fights under his belt and was a force to be reckoned with, only being stopped short by diverticulitis. Brock Lesnar, like it or not, is a ridiculous athlete. The dude is a freak of nature. I love Randy Savage, but in a one-on-one match with Lesnar, he'd be hard-pressed to beat him. Savage has always had a hard time against explosive and/or powerful wrestlers, losing to Junkyard Dog, Ultimate Warrior, Lex Luger, The Giant (Big Show), Hogan -- Brock Lesnar, in his prime, is more explosive, more powerful, quicker, and more unstoppable than all of those men.

Lesnar's resume speaks for itself, he ran through the WWE -- he did it all. When he was at the peak of his short career, he DESTROYED guys like Rock and Hogan. Brock Lesnar is a monster. His seeding may be low, but that's because he's nowhere near the legend Randy Savage is. That doesn't mean he's not a force to be reckoned with. Very few people could deal with Lesnar in his prime, one-on-one. I'm not too sure Randy Savage wouldn't just be another victim.

Davi323
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
No, Bill Golderg beat Brock Lesnar. Eddie Guerrero was fortunate enough to be having a match with Lesnar at the time, and one in which he was getting destroyed at that.

This I'll give you. Angle holds one of a handful of clean wins over Lesnar, via submission at SummerSlam during Brock's second heel turn.

The Big Show beat Brock Lesnar after Heyman betrayed him. Lesnar would go on to prove how much of a cheat this was by whooping the shit out of Show continuously for the remainder of their feud, including F-5ing him through an announce table and defeating him in a stretcher match - a match, you'll notice, designed to favour The Big Show.

Lesnar's not invincible, but he's frighteningly close.

Please don't misinterpret how highly I think of Brock Lesnar. I love the guy now, and I loved the guy in the UFC, and I loved the guy when he was in the WWE before. But a lot of his invincibility was based on how they marketed him. He was marketed as invincible because the WWE needed someone like that, not because he actually was. Batista could have been the unstoppable monster had that gimmick gone to him. Batista might even have been a better fit, seeing how he is taller and heavier, and just as muscular.

Brock looks like he is a huge, huge guy...but he only has 1" and about 18lbs over Randy Savage. It's not as if Brock Lesnar would tower over Savage. The size difference is going to be vastly overblown, I get that. People see Brock, and they automatically assume "monster". But Brock is only 6'3", 266 lbs, while Savage was 6'2", 248 lbs.

Brock Lesnar was an amazing amateur wrestler. But frankly, as a professional wrestler, he leaves a lot to be desired. He is undisciplined and reckless, while Randy Savage was the perfectionist. Brock Lesnar, pro wrestler, relies too heavily on his size and fear factor rather than skill. Randy Savage is incredibly smart. He wouldn't just let Brock pound on him for the entire match, he would constantly be escaping the ring. That would enrage Brock. Angry Brock plays right into Savage's hands. Angry wrestlers make mistakes. Smart wrestlers capitalize on those mistakes. Randy Savage doesn't have to pin Brock Lesnar to win, he just needs to piss him off to the point that Lesnar does something stupid to get disqualified.

Brock would be the favorite in a match for sure...but Randy Savage is not really a stranger to David vs. Goliath type situations. If any wrestler could play David to Brock's Goliath, there are only two guys that come to mind immediately. Shawn Michaels, and the other would be the Macho Man.

steve_smith
04-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Can anyone recall Macho Man as a face losing a match. Off the top of my head, I can't.

Anyone?

The Crock
04-26-2012, 04:26 PM
Brock looks like he is a huge, huge guy...but he only has 1" and about 18lbs over Randy Savage. It's not as if Brock Lesnar would tower over Savage. The size difference is going to be vastly overblown, I get that. People see Brock, and they automatically assume "monster". But Brock is only 6'3", 266 lbs, while Savage was 6'2", 248 lbs.

His freak athleticism comes into play when talking about the "monster" aspect of Lesnar. Have you ever seen a man his size that can do the things he does? Lesnar is quick, explosive, he runs people over. He may not be the biggest, but he's 266 pounds of muscle that explodes around that ring.

Brock Lesnar was an amazing amateur wrestler. But frankly, as a professional wrestler, he leaves a lot to be desired. He is undisciplined and reckless, while Randy Savage was the perfectionist. Brock Lesnar, pro wrestler, relies too heavily on his size and fear factor rather than skill. Randy Savage is incredibly smart. He wouldn't just let Brock pound on him for the entire match, he would constantly be escaping the ring. That would enrage Brock. Angry Brock plays right into Savage's hands. Angry wrestlers make mistakes. Smart wrestlers capitalize on those mistakes. Randy Savage doesn't have to pin Brock Lesnar to win, he just needs to piss him off to the point that Lesnar does something stupid to get disqualified.

Brock wouldn't necessarily need the whole match to pound on Savage -- he only needs to get ahold of him once. Lesnar can, and will, destroy an opponent once he gets his hands on them. Randy won't have anything left in him, once Brock's finished with him. I mean, he'd fare better than most would, as I do understand his intelligence would come into play, but Brock Lesnar is an absolute freak. The angrier he is, the scarier he is. Brock would hurt Randy, I have no doubt about it. Savage's only chance at winning -- decisively -- would be landing the elbow from the top rope. Lesnar can very easily take that away from Randy, as he'd definitely hurt him at any moment he could. Randy would have to keep Brock grounded for long enough to set up the elbow, and if he's hurt, it would only take longer to hit it. What's there to stop Brock from recovering and rolling out of the way, or hitting a suplex on an unsuspecting Savage?

The DQ argument just seems like a cop-out to me, as it's not like Lesnar is a moron. The only times he was DQ'ed was when he felt like making an example out of an opponent, or when there wasn't anything at stake. He'd be able to control his anger in a tournament like this, and concentrate on battering Randy Savage.

Davi323
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Brock wouldn't necessarily need the whole match to pound on Lesnar -- he only needs to get ahold of him once.

If Brock wants to beat himself up, that's fine with me, makes Savage's job easier. :)

I know I am probably making what is ultimately a futile argument. I know Brock is going to win this vote, and my arguments for Savage will be long forgotten by the time Brock faces his 3rd round opponent. I know I am fighting a losing cause here. But, I think Brock Lesnar's reputation has been blown out of proportion. And I say this as a guy who likes Brock. Hell, I say this as a guy who will be rooting for Lesnar against Cena at Extreme Rules, despite spending the last year and a half as a solid member of Team CeNation. But, just because I know that Lesnar will win this vote, that doesn't mean I can't still do my best to defend Randy Savage.

Tastycles
04-26-2012, 05:25 PM
Right, well, what can we say. There's a few different ways of judging these tournaments, so lets look at them all, and then see why a vote for Lesnar is basically an admission that you have a weird admiration for men who voluntarily draw a penis on themselves, permanently, and nothing else.

Ratings

Just about the only consistent thing that you can judge wrestlers on is how much they draw. You could argue that looking at the raw figures is unfair, because they are far higher for Savage, but then you'd basically be ignoring the truth. Even if you ignore the truth, you can look at the immediate effect that making them "the man" had. Ok. So lets see how each grew the audience.

On the first show after Lesnar won the WWE Championship, Smackdown drew 3.1, thus cementing his main event slot. On the last show before WrestleMania XX, and the point he exited his glory period, the show drew 3.1. That's a growth of 0%. On the first show after Savage won the WWE title for the first time, Saturday Night's Main Event drew 9.5. On the last show of this reign, it drew 10. That's a raise of about 6%. Savage wins

Title Reigns

Lesnar has won 3 world titles, Savage has won 7. Lesnar's longest reign was 152 days, Savage's was 371. Savage was a champion for 573 days, Lesnar for 355 days. Savage wins

Influence

Savage showed that you can go to the top rope and still be a main eventer. Savage showed that you can have a manager, and still have a voice. Savage showed that you could be technically good and not just a one trick pony and be popular. Lesnar showed that you should never put your eggs in one basket, because they'll leave and fail in the NFL. Savage again

Mic Skills

Hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha. Savage

It's...Baylariat!
04-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Randy Savage is certifiably crazy. Lesnar's just a bit psychotic. Lesnar's stronger, Savage is smarter. Mic skills go to Savage overwhelmingly. Pedigree in pro wrestling goes to Savage by a good distance. Overall big match experience and record goes to Savage. Strength goes to Lesnar.

In an actual match, it'll be a matter of who's gassed first... and Savage in his prime simply goes and goes and goes. Lesnar's a big guy, but his cardio is lacking and about 30 minutes into a classic bout, Lesnar's gasping for air while Savage is thumping him hard and often.

Bionic Elbow does Lesnar in at about the 40 minute mark and Madness reigns supreme.

DIG IT?! FREAK OUT!

Little Jerry Lawler
04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
I've heard for years and years about how Lesnar was so great because he was a man on fire in his first year in the company and all that noise. Let's look at his first year.

He beat up on the Hardys who were pretty much irrelevant. He beat an old Hogan and Rocky who went off to make movies. It basically took Undertaker breaking his hand to put Lesnar over him. The only guy I can say that was somewhat in his prime that I can put up against Lesnar is Angle and they're pretty much even. Lesnar did get Angle at WM but Angle did pin Lesnar to win a title (albeit being a triple threat) and made him tap at Summerslam. Lesnar was never the draw people seemed to think he was.

Macho Man all the way.

nightmare
04-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Savage had arguably one of the best matches in history against Steamboat. The man held titles for a great length of time and is an icon of professional wrestling. He is talented and definately bat shit crazy. Macho Man beat some of the best, when they were the best. His legacy speaks for itself. But that was then.

Lesnar would have ran over all of them back in the day. No problem. He is a freak of nature. Not so bright or great on the mic, but he more than makes up for that with his strength and brutal nature. You might say he beat Hogan when he was way off his prime, but he was still Hogan. Not many can claim that victory. Plus the brutal nature in which it was done still lives on in memory. He broke him and smeared the blood of Hulkamania on his chest in victory.

Who did Savage ever face that was, well, as savage as someone like Lesnar? He wouldnt be able to hold a candle to his strength. In his prime, Savage would not beat Lesnar. He would be a victim added to the list of other legends and greats that Lesnar beat in a short time. Macho Man would no doubt hit the elbow, but who the hell thinks that would stop Brock from getting up and beating him senseless? He would toss him around with a suplex or 2, slap on the bearhug to squeeze the last breath from Savage and hit the F5 on his lifeless body.

1 2 3....

Sorry folks, as crazy as Savage was he cant out match the strength of Lesnar. He would not go down without a serious fight, but in the end Brock is just too much for him. I love Savage and will always be a fan, but he is outmatched here.

Hollywood Naitch
04-27-2012, 05:20 AM
Brock Lesnar in his prime was a physical specimen like wrestling had never seen. He had the physique of an bodybuilder, the amateur wrestling skills far above pretty much anyone else, the speed, strength and unbelieveable explosive power. Had he not decided to throw away his wrestling career to try out in the NFL, he would be already thought of as one of the all time greats, and would be into double figures for title reigns.

This ain't no mug he is facing though, it is Macho Man Randy Savage, who IS one of the all time greats. Savage rarely lost as a face, and I have no doubt he would be th fan favourite in this. He beat pretty much everyone in front of him in his prime, but then so did Lesnar. Brock pretty much did it all in the business in just a few short years, absolutely detroying anyone in his path to become the youngest champion of all time.

I see nothing that Savage has that people like The Rock didn't have. Lesnar could beat Savage, I am sure of that. The way Lesnar decimated Undertaker in the Hell In A Cell, making the Deadman look more human that I had ever seen has always stuck with me. Brock is a man who doesn't care for reputations, he just cares about beating the shit out of you, and he will see Savage as just another name to be added to his list of victims.

He kicked out of Hogan's leg drop, kicked out of Rock's Rock Bottom, reversed Undertaker's Tombstone and would be able to get his shoulder up IF and thats a big If, Savage landed the Elbow Drop. Then it would just need one F-5 to finish off Macho.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Rainbow Yaz
04-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Randy Savage is the cream of the crop(has anyone used that one yet?)

I've never been a huge Lesnar fan, WWE or UFC, though I am mildly intrigued with him currently. IIRC though KB said Brock was included before his return so I can't count what he will probably accomplish this time around. No question Brock is a physical freak. For a guy who weighs somewhere between 260-285 he moves like a guy about 200. His speed and strength are unreal. He was booked as a wrecking machine and he accomplished a lot in his short time but if you weren't around for his run you probably don't know his name.

Savage though was at the top for a long time. At WM 5 Savage took on Hogan for the WWF Title. For about 15 minutes Savage was winning the match, only for Hogan to hulk up, hit his big boot/legdrop combo and win the match. I don't think that happens here, Savage would be able to finish it off, driving the elbow right through Brock for the 3.

Plus as his MMA career proved, Brock can't take a punch...or a big knee.

Jack-Hammer
04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
SHIT!!!!!!!!! Why'd this match have to come up...I love Randy Savage, the man was one of my all time favorites but I just simply cannot give him a win over Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar was a freak, still is really, but he was so dominant in his roughly 2 year run in WWE. Lesnar went through some of the biggest & best talent WWE has ever had, including clean wins over Hulk Hogan & The Undertaker. As good as Savage was, he never scored pinfall or submission wins over either of those two. Savage always played second banana to Hogan, unfortunately, and Taker decimated him in his early days.

I don't like it, but I have to go with Brock Lesnar here. I'm not saying that Savage has no chance, there's always a chance, and he'll make Lesnar earn a win. However, in my eyes, Lesnar will win.

Shocky
04-27-2012, 03:06 PM
I'm wanting to vote for Randy Savage, I know despite the sig I'm hoping Savage pulls this off, but I have to make some points.

Why is it that Brock Lesnar gets so much shit for the Wrestlemania 20 match? I've never understood this. Is it because he pissed off a bunch of smarky assholes in the Garden? To me, that's a fucking plus. I'm a midwestern kid, so this whole mystique and honor of working the Garden doesn't exactly fly with me. Wasn't this the same Madison Square Garden that couldn't stop it's collective dick sucking of Brock back at Survivor Series of 2002? Hell for that matter, wasn't Summerslam 2002 in the New York area? You know, the same crowd that booed the Rock out and watched in awe as the Rookie Brock Lesnar took his spot at the top of the company.

Why doesn't Bill Goldberg get shit for the Mania match? Goldberg was the 7 year veteran that didn't even bother to fucking show up and promote the damn match on the road to Wrestlemania. Brock carried that damn feud with Goldberg not even being there. So if you want to put the blame on someone, how about the guy that was in the business for 7 plus years as opposed to the 2 year guy.

And while I'm ranting, I really hope that the same people that piss and moan all the time about Lesnar "disrespecting the Garden" come out in full force against any Kliq member that manages to have a match in this tournament. What the Kliq did was far worse then anything Lesnar did, but the IWC can't stop it's collective dick sucking of that group.

As far as the match goes, I want to vote Savage, but I'm having a pretty hard time coming up with reasons to vote for Savage. Savage was the WWF champion for a year, and did exactly what with the title? The company trusted him so much that he was paired with Hogan at Summerslam, on Hogan's team at Survivor Series, and eliminated by Hogan at the Royal Rumble, only to ultimately lose to, you guessed it, Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 5. What I'm trying to say, Savage did exactly what with his year long title reign at the top? Then you get into his second title reign, and it's really almost more forgettable.

Brock's pay per view record in one on one title matches reads like this.
He beat the Rock for the WWE Undisputed Title.
Had a draw with the Undertaker.
Beat the Undertaker in Hell in a Cell.
Lost to Big Show via outside interference.
Beat Kurt Angle for the title at Wrestlemania.
Beat John Cena.
Beat Big Show in a stretcher match.
Lost to Kurt Angle at Summerslam 2003.
Beat the Undertaker at No Mercy 2003.
Beat Hardcore Holly at the Rumble.
Finally, lost to Eddie Guerrero, thank you Bill Goldberg, in 2004.

A pay per view record of 7-3-1 in one on one WWF title matches. Two of those losses via outside interference. He beat the top guys of his day clean. I want to vote for Savage, I just don't know how I can.

steve_smith
04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Savage never lost as a face in wwf that I can remember. NEVER.
Lesnar was beat by Angle.
So how can you vote for Lesnar?!

I'm willing to bet that if only people who lived through both Macho's era and Lesnar's era were able to vote, Savage wins in a landslide.

steve_smith
04-27-2012, 04:11 PM
SHIT!!!!!!!!! Why'd this match have to come up...I love Randy Savage, the man was one of my all time favorites but I just simply cannot give him a win over Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar was a freak, still is really, but he was so dominant in his roughly 2 year run in WWE. Lesnar went through some of the biggest & best talent WWE has ever had, including clean wins over Hulk Hogan & The Undertaker. As good as Savage was, he never scored pinfall or submission wins over either of those two. Savage always played second banana to Hogan, unfortunately, and Taker decimated him in his early days.

I don't like it, but I have to go with Brock Lesnar here. I'm not saying that Savage has no chance, there's always a chance, and he'll make Lesnar earn a win. However, in my eyes, Lesnar will win.

Lesnar beat a 50 year old Hogan! Also, when Savage wrestled Hogan and the Undertaker (although I don't remember this match taking place) they both were booked as unbeatable. Not to mention, by this logic the final of this tournament should be Lesnar vs. Ultimate Warrior with Warrior the eventual winner. Or Andre the Giant breezes his way to the victory (he did go undefeated for 7 years squashing almost every challenger)................... Let's see how consistent everyone is.

Shocky
04-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Savage never lost as a face in wwf that I can remember. NEVER.
Lesnar was beat by Angle.
So how can you vote for Lesnar?!

I'm willing to bet that if only people who lived through both Macho's era and Lesnar's era were able to vote, Savage wins in a landslide.

Lesnar was beat by Angle, but Lesnar also beat Angle multiple times. Angle has something that Savage doesn't, and that's a submission game. Angle, and Benoit, have proven that you can make the monster tap out. I'm just trying to think of a time Savage ever finishing an opponent off with a limb debilitating move?

I'll probably end up voting for Savage, but Kayfabe wise I don't see how Savage could beat Lesnar. He's been beaten routinely by bigger guys. I don't remember him having too much success with Andre, he was always the lesser man against Hogan, and the Warrior had his way with him. When you move into the 2nd tier of worker, like a Crush, then Savage wins. Brock Lesnar is closer to Hogan and Warrior then he is Crush.

On accolades alone, Savage should win. If you're "keeping it Kayfabe", then it becomes a much more difficult argument.

klunderbunker
04-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Oh my oh my oh my. I have no idea what to do here.

At the end of the day, I have to go with Savage. I have no idea how he's going to do it, but somehow I can't imagine the F5 beating Randy. Savage will not submit (screw you WCW for having him tap twice inside of five minutes. SCREW YOU) and I just can't picture him losing here. If we're talking about Savage in his prime which is pretty much any time from 1986 through 1989, I do not see a way for Lesnar to stop him. Savage would get beaten beyond any reasonable point of him to survive, but he would either get a rollup or a miracle elbow and pin Lesnar, who would kick out at 3.000000000000001 and promptly chase Savage back to Sarasota, but Savage would win.

Loveless
04-27-2012, 06:57 PM
I want to vote for Savage but I can't do it. Every time I go to click his name, I think of how Lesnar destroyed Hogan and I see nothing to suggest it wouldn't happen again. The only people who can beat Lesnar are people who can outwrestle him (Angle, Bret, Benoit etc), outsize him (Big Show) or cheat him (Flair, Guerrero).

Big Nick Dudley
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
If this were the finals, and a "feel good" moment were upon us, I'd vote Savage. However, it's the second round.

This is one of those matches where Brock would be favored, in the minds of fans. They'd tell us he's an underdog, but we'd know better. We'd understand just how physical he is, and how Savage hadn't faced anything like him before. Think Rock vs. Brock. That should sum it up.

Lesnar moves on.

Hulk Hogan's Brother
04-28-2012, 06:21 AM
Ugh. Now this is the prime reason why I hate prime vs prime arguments. Brock Lesnar.

This guy was pushed as a monster who killed everyone in his path. He was pushed as the guy who would dominate WWE for ages. As a result of this, he had a great prime. But guess what happened after that? He left and is now just a footnote in the industry. Yes, I know that he returned to WWE recently amidst a lot of hype, but that does not mean that he is anything but a footnote in the world of wrestling. He was built up great but it ultimately led to nothing. Which means that at the end of the day he means a lot less to the business than Randy Savage.

Savage is someone who is better than Brock in all aspect of pro wrestling. Promo work. Savage. Ring work. This was the guy who was Mr WrestleMania before Shawn Michaels won his first singles belt in the company. Being a draw. Eric Bischoff once claimed in a WCW lockerroom that till that point, Hogan and Savage were the only two people in the locker room who had drawn any significant amount of money at that point. Ratings tanked with Brock as champion. WrestleMania did badly with Brock as champion and that too when the card was stacked with great matches all round.

My vote goes to Savage. Simply put, I do not feel that the prime versus prime argument can be used anywhere and everywhere. This is between a guy who was good, who gave his all to the business and did very well for a number of years and a guy who could have been a big deal but just wasn't and was eventually replaced by guys who were much better talents( Cena, Orton and Batista).

Pay Per Ghost
04-28-2012, 06:36 AM
It is as Shocky said, unless his opponents have a submission game plan, Brock doesn't lose.

See I played this in my head. Randy Savage and Lesnar at WrestleMania......

Yeah, I just can't see Brock losing. I see him kicking outta the elbow, I see him being taken to the limit. But I see him F-5ing Savage for the 3-count. Brock is a monster and is aggrandized as such. Maybe I don't feel as strongly as some other people on the board about Macho Man n' so in a kayfabe environment...

Lesnar romps on.

Uncle Sam
04-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Simply put, I do not feel that the prime versus prime argument can be used anywhere and everywhere.

I don't know, I'd say you'd just like to dismiss it when it becomes inconvenient.

Going off on a tangent from my argument - which is in the first post if you want to see it, so scroll up - I'd like to address this idea that Lesnar was a "footnote".

If Lesnar's contribution to the wrestling world was limited to success in amateur wrestling, a year or so tear through the ranks of WWE, a failed shot at football, and some success in Japan, then I might agree. However, Lesnar's not just been doing odd jobs since he left WWE. The hype around him isn't just, "Oh, Brock Lesnar - I remember him; he used to wrestle here." Lesnar was a UFC Heavyweight Champion and, despite retiring on the back of two losses, a hugely successful one at that. Lesnar was an ambassador for professional wrestling. An unwilling ambassador and not necessarily a good ambassador (which they're playing off of now) but an ambassador nonetheless. An ambassador that mowed down a couple legends, main evented pay-per-views and drew great, superior-to-WWE numbers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Lesnar is more significant to the wrestling world than Savage and so should beat him; I'm saying Lesnar would have his way with Randy Savage like Tiger Woods would with the local slag. Savage is more significant, sure, he's one of the most significant professional wrestlers ever, but I don't think it's fair to paint Lesnar as insignificant.

Hulk Hogan's Brother
04-28-2012, 12:39 PM
I don't know, I'd say you'd just like to dismiss it when it becomes inconvenient.

Just so that you may not think otherwise, I do not say that this "prime vs prime" debate should not be used only for Lesnar. There are plenty of examples. Yokozuna is one of them. But I do not really want to get into that as it would mean deviating from the topic.

Brock was pushed because Vince thought that he was someone who would serve the company for a long time. Quite possibly, he was wrong there as well but let us keep that aside for the second. If he had any idea that Brock would be the guy who would leave the business in two years, he would have never invested that hard in Brock. Sure the guy was a one of a kind physical specimen and keeping that in mind, he may have gone over some lower level talent but surely he would not have won over the likes of a Hogan had Vince known that he was disinterested in the business. I think that this is a significant point that people ignore when they talk "prime vs prime." The circumstances in which the prime of the wrestler came about is pretty important to the subject.

That is why I feel that having known everything about Lesnar and knowing how unreliable he is, no booker would be willing to book him over Savage, a guy who was not only dedicated to the business but also great at it.

As for arguing who is more significant than whom, I would still say that Savage was much more significant than Lesnar. Why? Because even though he has dominated UFC and come back Lesnar remains a special attraction, the attractiveness of which fades with time, while Savage is the man for all seasons. In fact, Lesnar himself is that sort of guy whose significance fades with time. Once you get used to the fact that he is physically unique, he has little else to bring to the table.

Let us say that if each guy were to spend 7 years in the WWE or any other company, I would think that Savage would have the better record. Brock may win the first few times but Savage would be the guy who would eventually win more because he is the better talent.

justinsayne
04-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Please people, Lesnar destroyed Hogan, Rock, & Taker in the span of 3 months. I can't think of too many other guys that have ever done that. Lets not forget Stone Cold, the "toughest SOB in the business", quit because he didn't want to step in the ring with Lesnar. Brock Lesnar is one of the most dominant forces to ever enter the world of professional wrestling. Brock tears Savage apart & leaves him a bloody mess in the ring, Brock takes this with Macho Man blood smeared across his chest & moves on to the next round.

Pay Per Ghost
04-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Please people, Lesnar destroyed Hogan, Rock, & Taker in the span of 3 months. I can't think of too many other guys that have ever done that. Lets not forget Stone Cold, the "toughest SOB in the business", quit because he didn't want to step in the ring with Lesnar.

You say that as if Austin was scared of Lesnar. Creative differences between management and Austin, Brock wasn't even a factor.

And please, that most dominant crock of shit is given to every 'monster'.

Uncle Sam
04-28-2012, 01:27 PM
And please, that most dominant crock of shit is given to every 'monster'.

But for Brock, it was true. He wasn't built up to be unstoppable in order to make The Rock look great when he beat him. He was built up to be unstoppable, full stop. Whereas your run of the mill monster is fed, say, Rey Mysterio, Lesnar was fed the King of the Ring, the Royal Rumble and the main event of WrestleMania. Whereas your run of the mill monster eventually goes down to The Rock, Undertaker or Hulk Hogan, Lesnar left them all bloody messes.

As has been pointed out, Lesnar has more in common with The Ultimate Warrior than Lord Tensai. Umaga never wiped Hulk Hogan's blood across his chest.

Danger Burger
04-28-2012, 01:47 PM
I get so awfully confused by the precepts of this tounament! In a fight, yup, lesnar is stronger, but often these arguments are based on career spanning achievments, popularity, ability to consistantly perform, influence on the business etc and macho madness reigns supreme there! Theres no chance in hell Lesnar could beat the macho man Randy Savage for the simple reason that the universe wouldnt allow it!!

Ultimately, there is nothing Lesnar could do to beat Macho man at his prime, just as he is here...
Bifmj1O3D24
Unless he had an axe...?

Born To Fly
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
This one is extremely close. Even though Randy Savage was a fantastic wrestler, Brock Lesnar is an animal. Rarely can I say I've been taken aback at somebody's athleticism in the ring, but Lesnar did that. I can't see a flying elbow putting Lesnar down for the count. Savage would hit one, only get a two count, go up for another, only get a two count and then on his third try, Lesnar would catch him, throw him on his back and nail him with an F5. 1-2-3. Lesnar wins.

nightmare
04-28-2012, 03:32 PM
People vote in this thing for many different reasons, but 2 things that most people seem to rely on as deciding factors are mic skill and #of titles won.

Here is the problem. Mic skill doesnt allow you to incapacitate your opponent, nor does it get you a 3 count. Titles are great and a huge accomplishment. Unfortunately having more belts doesnt mean your stronger than the other guy. By the logic of 'x is better at cutting promos than y and y has less title reigns so x wins' then Ric Flair would walk all over 95% of this tournament without breaking a sweat.

I choose to vote on ability to kick the other guys ass. Why? Because it makes sense to me, as well as many others. What are you guys going to base your vote on next- the size of bank accounts? I guess McMahon should beat Hogan and Taker in a 3 way then huh? Jesus.

Brock may not be as highly regarded as Savage for his impression on the wrestling world and he may not have had as many\longer title runs; but he would destroy him in the ring. Savage has never won against someone like Lesnar. I think the closest person he fought was Show and that didnt turn out so good for Savage. Brock is a beast. He isnt the best ever, im not saying that, but he would have no problem with Savage. I dont see a sneaky roll up or an elbow drop putting Brock down for the count here. Savage would give it a good run and will not go down without a fight, but Brock is too much for Savage.

steve_smith
04-28-2012, 04:05 PM
Let's look at it this way.

If Brock was around in Macho's era, he would have been booked as the unstoppable heel. He would of had a manager like Heenan or even Dibiase (a la Undertaker). Guess where this ends..................... Hulkamania baby.

If Macho was around during Brock's era, he's still a face of the company. No matter what era you put him in ...."the cream rises to the top." Dig it! Oh Yeah!

Believe me Macho Man will always be booked to defeat monster heel Brock Lesnar............... it's how the business works. Macho Man was more mainstream back then than Cena is now....... and he was the #2 guy. The only way Brock goes over Mach Man is if Brock is the face and, quite frankly, Brock is too ugly and lacks the charisma needed to be a face over the Macho Man.

Not to mention, Savage won the biggest tournament of all at WM4 for the title.

steve_smith
04-28-2012, 04:18 PM
People vote in this thing for many different reasons, but 2 things that most people seem to rely on as deciding factors are mic skill and #of titles won.

Here is the problem. Mic skill doesnt allow you to incapacitate your opponent, nor does it get you a 3 count. Titles are great and a huge accomplishment. Unfortunately having more belts doesnt mean your stronger than the other guy. By the logic of 'x is better at cutting promos than y and y has less title reigns so x wins' then Ric Flair would walk all over 95% of this tournament without breaking a sweat.

I choose to vote on ability to kick the other guys ass. Why? Because it makes sense to me, as well as many others. What are you guys going to base your vote on next- the size of bank accounts? I guess McMahon should beat Hogan and Taker in a 3 way then huh? Jesus.

Brock may not be as highly regarded as Savage for his impression on the wrestling world and he may not have had as many\longer title runs; but he would destroy him in the ring. Savage has never won against someone like Lesnar. I think the closest person he fought was Show and that didnt turn out so good for Savage. Brock is a beast. He isnt the best ever, im not saying that, but he would have no problem with Savage. I dont see a sneaky roll up or an elbow drop putting Brock down for the count here. Savage would give it a good run and will not go down without a fight, but Brock is too much for Savage.

The ability to "kick someone's ass" is one of the least important factors that determines who is successful at pro wrestling. Otherwise, instead of Hulkamania we would of had Hakumania in the 80s.

Every match Macho is in is gold. Why would anyone take him out of the tournament this early. He is 10x more entertaining than Brock, can tell a 20-30 minute edge of your seat story in the ring, and was more of a household name. Therefore he goes over.

nightmare
04-28-2012, 04:24 PM
The ability to "kick someone's ass" is one of the least important factors that determines who is successful at pro wrestling. Otherwise, instead of Hulkamania we would of had Hakumania in the 80s.

Every match Macho is in is gold. Why would anyone take him out of the tournament this early. He is 10x more entertaining than Brock, can tell a 20-30 minute edge of your seat story in the ring, and was more of a household name. Therefore he goes over.

So by your logic.... Santino should win the tournament because he is more entertaining? Or maybe Jim Ross because he can tell a great story? Mr. Clean and Mrs. Butterworth are household names so they should be dominating the Tag Title scene right?

It is a combination of things that help make a star, but ability to beat your opponent is a big factor. Mic skill helps but isnt a big factor to who beats who. Sting didnt talk for a long time- he was intimidating as hell and beat up the entire damn NWO.

Believe me Macho Man will always be booked to defeat monster heel Brock Lesnar............... it's how the business works. Macho Man was more mainstream back then than Cena is now....... and he was the #2 guy. The only way Brock goes over Mach Man is if Brock is the face and, quite frankly, Brock is too ugly and lacks the charisma needed to be a face over the Macho Man.

Wrestling usually works like this. Heel shows up, sucks on mic(mostly) and has evil manager do the talking. Heel beats up alot of guys becoming a threat. Match buildup to a heel vs face scenario where people think the face may be in danger. Face beats heel and saves the day.

Well Lesnar had Heyman so we are right on track there. He destroyed people week in and week out- yup, still on track. Then what happened? The formula changed in his case didnt it.

The monster type heels back then were nothing compared to what Brock Lesnar has shown us. Sure some were big\intimidating, some were strong and some had the tools to take out the best- but Brock has all of those. Brock took out the top guys in his era despite him being a heel. Hogan, Rock, Taker, etc. He not only won, but put a beating on the 'unstoppable' faces of the company. Cena is the big star now and he didnt beat Rock (who is a shell of his former self), nor will he beat Lesnar. The monster heel Lesnar has made a career out of beating the top faces in the company. How would Lesnar beating Savage be any different? It may have been different back in the day and mostly true now, but Lesnar has been the exception to that rule of a dominant heel losing to a superstar face.

Lesnar wins.

Bernkastel
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Little known fact: Brock Lesnar actually overtook Kane as my favorite wrestler during the span of 2003 and 2004. Why? Because he was a fucking monster who destroyed absolutely everyone in his path. He was 'rip the steel door off the hinges' Kane circa 1997.

Not only that but the man had legitament skills as well; even if he didn't go to the UFC he would still be one of the baddest motherfuckers to ever step foot in the business. Brock didn't just beat his opponents, he flat out destroyed them. I can't think of many people that have left the likes of Undartaker and Hogan in pools of their own blood.

Last year Brock beat out Shawn fucking Michaels in one of final rounds; that should say something. I don't think that Savage would have a chance here. Any and all simulations to this match in my head are telling that Brock would go over.

BestInTheWorld5
04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Wow what a match. Savage is one of the best ever but i got to go with Lesnar. Who has ever dominated in a 2 yr span like he did. He literally beat everyone. He has the size speed power athleticism to beat anyone. This is gonna be a long match that i think ultimately is won with an F5.

Tastycles
04-29-2012, 10:54 AM
Any and all simulations to this match in my head are telling that Brock would go over.

Except the situation where the most popular and better wrestler beats the less popular wrestler in 90% of cases.

Something that people seem to be missing is why Lesnar was booked so strong. It had nothing to do with the fact he was good, and everything to do with the fact The Rock and Austin were leaving and they needed a focal point. Lesnar, still though, was never the main man. If he were, they'd have kept him on Raw and put the new title on Smackdown.

Lesnar was in the right place at the right time and was able to take the reigns because there was nobody else to do so. Savage was given a run as World Champion when Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant, two of the most popular wrestlers in history were still around. Lesnar, meanwhile, defended his title on Pay Per View against Hardcore Holly. Hardcore Holly. Hardcore Fucking Holly.

Cmills005
04-29-2012, 11:00 AM
If this type of tournament were to happen I think Lesnar wins. And the reasons to me are simple.

Lesnar would be built as unbeatable (just as he is now). Others in the biz would criticize that he was not around long enough and did not have a true passion for wrestling. Everyone would doubt him etc etc. He wins his first match in a squahes but no one is impressed. No one gives him a shot this round. Then BOOM. He manhandles a top guy. This match would be a similar story to the one told in Lesnar's first match with Hogan.

This really isn't a slight on Savage at all. Love Savage. If this were just a standard match, not in this tournament, I'd go Savage. For this tourney though he just got a bad draw. In fact, him being the sentimental favorite this year fuels me even more to believe that in KAYFAB this would happen. Doesn't the story line tell itself? Following this everyone would suddenly think Lesnar may walk through EVERYONE!

I don't know if that is exactly how everyone looks at this tournament but I try to look at what would make the great stories and what would draw. I think its what makes something like this fresh every year. I would have Lesnar go over in this round and this situation (heavy underdog by seeding) over anyone. It would be a hell of a story. Lesnar does this and he is the most hated man in the tourney and everyone would want to see him fall. If people don't like that style I understand just the way I like to view this tournament!

Vote Lesnar.

Pay Per Ghost
04-29-2012, 01:16 PM
You know I hear this term 'right place righ time' and I think, couldn't we say the same for the Hogans and the Austins?

Here is where Lesnar is superior, Savage was champion when wrestling was at a glorious plateau. People were into it and it was a great time for business.

Fast forward to 30th August 2002, Rock gone, Austin gone, Hunter's grip on the A show;

Enter Brock Lesnar reign.

He took the ball and ran. Ran like Gump. He was fantastic to watch and sold like gold. One of the best ov

justinsayne
04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
brvmMj5d6Bc
JD60Rxw7Ams

Savage gave everything he had to Warrior & came up short, what makes anyone believe that Savage could beat Brock when he couldn't beat Warrior, who's not anywhere near the competitor that the human wrecking machine that Brock Lesnar is.

With the exception of Goldberg, whom he only faced once, Brock has dominated just about everyone he has stepped in the ring with, it took Big Show a month of beating on & breaking Brocks ribs, & outside interference from Heyman in order to beat Brock Lesnar. Guerrero only beat him after Goldberg jump in speared him & then hit him with a jackhammer (I beleive). Unless Savage has Goldberg or someone to run interference for him I just don't see Savage coming out on top in this one, I really just see this match going a similar route as Brocks match with Hogan...

rxTTa_RLP0Y

steve_smith
04-29-2012, 06:46 PM
brvmMj5d6Bc
JD60Rxw7Ams

Savage gave everything he had to Warrior & came up short, what makes anyone believe that Savage could beat Brock when he couldn't beat Warrior, who's not anywhere near the competitor that the human wrecking machine that Brock Lesnar is.

With the exception of Goldberg, whom he only faced once, Brock has dominated just about everyone he has stepped in the ring with, it took Big Show a month of beating on & breaking Brocks ribs, & outside interference from Heyman in order to beat Brock Lesnar. Guerrero only beat him after Goldberg jump in speared him & then hit him with a jackhammer (I beleive). Unless Savage has Goldberg or someone to run interference for him I just don't see Savage coming out on top in this one, I really just see this match going a similar route as Brocks match with Hogan...

rxTTa_RLP0Y

The Ultimate Warrior NEVER lost clean. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER. He was booked as even more of a beast than Lesnar.

nightmare
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
The Ultimate Warrior NEVER lost clean. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER. He was booked as even more of a beast than Lesnar.

Justinsayne used that to point out that Savage came up short. A countout would be far from the outcome here. If anything Heyman being out there would negate Liz, Sherry or Jimmy Hart from causing an issue.

Warrior has nowhere near the skills Lesnar has so that means Savage is in more trouble here. Alot of trouble. I love Savage and respect his legacy to the sport, but title wins in the Hulkamania era do not make you unbeatable.
Even if we are talking about kayfabe, Lesnar was booked over all the top faces of his time. Kayfabe even says he would go over Savage.

Savage in the bearhug and\or Brock Lock makes it hard to climb to the top for the elbow. Savage has nothing that would keep Brock down, whereas Brock has plenty of options. Brock wins.

The Brain
04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
I've avoided this one because I think it's a real tough match. I'm interested to see how it turns out. We have a hot commodity that has just returned vs. a legend who recently passed away.

Oh my oh my oh my. I have no idea what to do here.

At the end of the day, I have to go with Savage. I have no idea how he's going to do it, but somehow I can't imagine the F5 beating Randy. Savage will not submit (screw you WCW for having him tap twice inside of five minutes. SCREW YOU) and I just can't picture him losing here. If we're talking about Savage in his prime which is pretty much any time from 1986 through 1989, I do not see a way for Lesnar to stop him. Savage would get beaten beyond any reasonable point of him to survive, but he would either get a rollup or a miracle elbow and pin Lesnar, who would kick out at 3.000000000000001 and promptly chase Savage back to Sarasota, but Savage would win.

I guess this argument has a little more validity since we just saw this exact sceanrio play out against Cena.

As I mentioned in the first round Randy Savage was widely considered the number two guy behind only Hulk Hogan in the 80s. He was even able to get in a full year title reign during the height of Hulkamania. Lesnar was impressive, no doubt. He did however achieve his success as wrestling was starting to lose its popularity as a result of Austin and Rock leaving the business. This really is a close match and I was very close to clicking Lesnar but I'm taking the legendary name that was on top for a much longer period of time.

Pay Per Ghost
04-30-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't consider 2012 to be Lesnar's prime, but I ain't saying he is washed up as well.

Bottom line, if I put it to odds, Savage would win maybe 2 out of 10 times against Lesnar. I had never seen anything like Lesnar on my telly before. Ye i had seen bloody brawlers, but a guy with epic mat skills, built like a tank and moves like a cat. He may be the greatest overall mat wrestler for his size.

cmiller1332
04-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Savage was the first Face besides Hulk Hogan to walk out of Wrestlemania as world Champion. In fact he was 1 of 3 wrestlers to walk out world champion in the first 9 wrestlemanias. Hogan and Warrior being the other 2. He was the Main guy in the WWE for an entire year while Hogan was there. You have to remember that when Lesnar was world champ WWE was split into 2 shows and he never got to dued with HHH who was a if not the top guy at the time. Not too mention this match up is not even a WWE match. That being said what ever would happen in the WWE goes out the window. Savage went over Rick Flair multiple times in WCW while Flair was consider the best wrestler ever there and was a 4 time world Champion. Everyone is talking about savage being a face and wouldn't use heel tatics to win. Savage was just as good of a heel as he was a face. If Savage was in his prime in the post Attitude era he would have been a tweener not a face. If this was in a WWE ring I would be closer to going with Lesnar but it isn't so I'm going with Randy Savage.

Owen 3:16 says I just stole your Slammy!!
04-30-2012, 11:24 PM
This would be a close match up between two great wrestlers. Lesnar has the strength to dominate Macho. Brock knows his submissions and will weaken a smaller Savage. Lesnar has powerful strikes and can hurt anyone. Brock is more younger.

Randy Savage might be smaller but is quicker then Lesnar. Savage can use his speed to tire out Lesnar. Savage can use the top rope and dive on Lesnar in and outside of the ring. Savage has the experience with guys that are the same size of Lesnar and came out on top. If Savage is the babyface, expect the fans cheer for him throughout the match. If Macho Man, has Elizabeth on his side, she will keep him motivated.

I think the end of the match would of end with Lesnar hitting the F-5. Savage kicked out of the pin. Lesnar is freaking out and the crowd is getting behind Savage. Savage would make his comeback. Double Axe Handle of the top. Points to the stars, delivers the Elbow Drop. 1-2-3!

Winner: Randy "Macho Man" Savage