PDA

View Full Version : Int Region, St. Louis Region, First Round: (14) Kevin Nash vs. (19) Jeff Hardy

Tastycles
04-17-2012, 05:20 PM
This is a first round match in the International Region, St Louis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Scottrade Center, St Louis, Missouri

http://hockey.ballparks.com/NHL/St.LouisBlues/front.jpg

http://www.google.co.uk/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/222284/Kevin-Nash-Speaks-on-WWE.jpg&sa=X&ei=xA2PT5zBF4aW0QXfxeiLDQ&ved=0CAoQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGe9AURYWA010iwbDHLBjvCQMoQ-w

#14. Kevin Nash

Vs.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fzHAr1yCV3o/TxAJ10HRZtI/AAAAAAAAAOg/1eI2KP1F16M/s1600/Jeff-Hardy-Tattoo-7.png

#19. Jeff Hardy

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

1On1WithTheGreatOne
04-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Since it is in the wcw region, Kevin Nash. He would never put anyone over in WCW. And especially Hardy, since he would have been a lower card wrestler.

Alex
04-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Jeff Hardy has beaten big guys before (heck I think he's beaten Nash before) and he's always been one to come back from the brink. If you factor in his crowd appeal he has more than enough momentum to beat Kevin Nash.

dakikko049
04-17-2012, 05:37 PM
I say Jeff Hardy. I see Kevin Nash acting the bully, going around as if he owns the place (which he might as well have done) but Jeff Hardy gets the win as an underdog. I'm usually not such a big fan of the underdog in prowrestling but i think it would work here.

Kelso1ftw
04-17-2012, 05:47 PM
I believe that Jeff could come out on top on this one.. he always had the underdog characteristic and besides being in a tag team he has proved himself as a great singles competitor and could still be doing a lot more in the WWE if he didn't leave and screw himself over.

IHW
04-17-2012, 06:02 PM
I say Jeff Hardy here.

He has beat many of the greats including Angle, Triple H, and WWE Hall of Famer Edge. Nash should be no different.

Hardy has been on a rocky ride over the past few years, but all in all he is one of the best in ring guys today. Nash in his prime may beat Hardy, but not in my mind.

Adalam
04-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Ooof! I'm torn between this one as these guys are among my all time favs, so it's tough for me to pick. If I absolutely have to, I'll tip the scales towards Jeff due to speed and the high flying style, though we've seen big men toss those guys around (example: Umaga vs Hardy.)

Jaffa
04-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Jeff Hardy has speed charisma high flying skill and Nash is in his fifties he may be bigger but bigger isn't better. I'm not even sure Nash should have the higher seeding

DEUCE420
04-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Cmon of course Big Sexy! Hes top 3 Best Big Man Ever! Easy win with a jackKnife after a broken Hardy misses a swanton

Hamed786
04-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Nash wins. Jeff comes in high and out of it like he did in the match with Sting. Couples of knees to the mid section followed by sidewalk slam, and Jacknife gets the job done. Kevin then refuses to job to anyone else in the next rounds but probably will end up jobbing anyway

GI Cake
04-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Kevin Nash and Jeff Hardy our own two different ends on a very similar spectrum. Nash has the size and power to his name as to Jeff Hardy has the High-Flying and speed. Nash has plethora of Championships in WCW. Compared to Jeff Hardy who never had the chance to work in WCW. But the two do share a lot of things in common. Both have had very controversial careers and road bumps. I see Hardy's speed and his endurance taking out Big Daddy Cool. Hardy has a knack for escaping Powerbombs and has no fear of heights. Hardy will use his high flying move-set to knock the big man down to his base and hit the Swanton Bomb for the win.

JJYanks121
04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
This isn't a ladder match right? No? Yeah, Jeff Hardy doesn't stand a chance.

Kevin Nash was the top guy in the industry in the mid 90's. Jeff Hardy was never any such thing. At best, he was the #2 babyface behind John Cena though he's still probably #3 at that time behind Batista. He was very over for that period of time but that's about it. Nash means a lot more to the industry and has accomplished way more than Jeff ever will. This one shouldn't be close.

pumpkinking8987
04-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I do think that if this match up took place in the second round with a stipulation say Ladder Match i would give the edge to Hardy. With that being said in a straight up one/one match up Nash takes it.

guhboy12
04-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Hardy goes for "whisper in the wind" gets caught with the jacknife, boom.

Nash > Hardy

Big Nick Dudley
04-17-2012, 10:06 PM
This would be one hell of a match. Nash had some killer bouts with HBK and Bret, so I'm guessing he'd work well with Jeff.

I think it goes over fifteen minutes, with Nash eventually winning. I like Jeff Hardy, and in his prime, was as popular as Nash ever was. However, Nash is a monster, or was in his day. The Jack Knife is too much, and he'd nail it eventually.

Night, night Jeffro.

K Bro 30
04-17-2012, 11:07 PM
Nash wins, fairly easily. This is about both in their primes. Nash was a World Champion on 2 much better rosters than the rosters Hardy was World Champion on. Size advantage taken into account, Nash wins.

JJX
04-17-2012, 11:22 PM
i hate both of these guys. im going to have to go hardy since i see everything successful nash did in this business as a sham

pipebomber
04-17-2012, 11:39 PM
Jeff is good but Jeff in his prime vs Nash in his... nash hands down.. Jeff probably would have shown up high, and Nash would have the entire nWo behind him

PsychoBlack
04-17-2012, 11:49 PM
Nash wins this because in his prime he was a absolute fuckin star in WCW. Very rarely did he lose in his prime. Jeff was just a guy that got over from jumping off of ladders and being "cool" because of his crazy hair and facepaint.

Inhale420
04-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Well considering i have never seen Jeff injure himself getting into a ring..... ima go with Jeff. Sorry Big Sexy. Eat your swanton and love it.

Celtic Tiger
04-18-2012, 01:02 AM
As it is a one on one bout and in the wcw
region I would have to say big Kev Nash.
He is one of the best big men of wrestling
Ever and while Hardy would do his speed and
arial moves once Nash took him down game
over..
And as it be in the wcw region the NWO might
have a say in the outcome too.
Winner Nash

Con T.
04-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Well considering i have never seen Jeff injure himself getting into a ring..... ima go with Jeff. Sorry Big Sexy. Eat your swanton and love it.

It's because he's too high getting into the ring that he doesn't know when he's hurt. Or have you forgotten?

2V6ulxTRSDc

Seriously, fuck this guy, right in his ass. He's a cancer to the business of wrestling, he's never really drawn any money, when he had the chance to draw some money he fucked up, or decided to leave WWE, which is cool because he was about to fuck it all up anyway, and all he brings to the table are spots that set the bar so high, we expect murder in the ring.

The best thing Jeff Hardy ever did for wrestling was not resign with the WWE. If he had, he'd have had the drug bust, and WWE would be in deep shit, right off the heels of the Benoit issue. Kevin Nash isn't my favorite, but him as a member of the NWO had more of an impact on wrestling than High Hardy ever has.

Nash big boots this greasy little stain, Powerbombs him, and collects some money.

DWFJT
04-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Nash dominates most of the match but Jeff Hardy has the resiliency to come back and pull off the upset.

Alex
04-18-2012, 03:52 AM
he's never really drawn any money

Neither has Nash really. In fact Jeff Hardy's probably drawn more money than Nash has.

Kevin Nash beating someone like Jeff Hardy isn't that impressive. Jeff Hardy as beaten quite a few big men which is really impressive given his size.

Sure Nash would throw him around like a ragdoll for a bit (and thats if he could catch him) but then he'd get cocky, Jeff was always one to capitalize on people getting cocky and scoring an upset.

The Gribbler
04-18-2012, 04:48 AM
I think Nash wrestles a determined Hardy, but catches him with a Jackknife after a botched top rope attempts.

Come on, it's Nash. No way is he putting over some drugged up hippie who can't get a proper pop without the WWE promoting the show.

Johnny Scumm
04-18-2012, 04:49 AM
I don't see how people are putting Jeff Hardy to win in this one! It's in the WCW REGION, against KEVIN NASH. A WCW guy, working against... JEff Hardy. I like Hardy more than I like Nash, but Nash is a beast and Hardy, although he can overcome those situations, just isn't. Nash would manage to reverse some sort of high-flying move from Jeff into the Jack Knife Powerbomb, 'cos remember, you might be high-flying, but it means you can be a LOT more careless.

JS votes Kevin Nash

Alex
04-18-2012, 05:33 AM
I think Nash wrestles a determined Hardy, but catches him with a Jackknife after a botched top rope attempts.

Come on, it's Nash. No way is he putting over some drugged up hippie who can't get a proper pop without the WWE promoting the show.

Yeah thats why he doesn't get big pops in TNA:rolleyes:

I don't see how people are putting Jeff Hardy to win in this one! It's in the WCW REGION, against KEVIN NASH. A WCW guy, working against... JEff Hardy. I like Hardy more than I like Nash, but Nash is a beast and Hardy, although he can overcome those situations, just isn't. Nash would manage to reverse some sort of high-flying move from Jeff into the Jack Knife Powerbomb, 'cos remember, you might be high-flying, but it means you can be a LOT more careless.

THat may be true but feeling you've got the match in the bag before you've won leaves you open to a sneak attack.

If there's one thing about Jeff Hardy is that he can get the crowd behind generally no matter who he's facing, whether that be Triple H, Undertaker or even John Cena he can ge the crowd behind him.

Remix
04-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Neither has Nash really. In fact Jeff Hardy's probably drawn more money than Nash has.

nWo. You lose sir.

Kevin Nash beating someone like Jeff Hardy isn't that impressive. Jeff Hardy as beaten quite a few big men which is really impressive given his size.

It's not impressive because well big guys owning little guys is what usually happens and it's exactly what would happen here. Jeff's going to put up a fight, but eventually he's taking the Jackknife and will lose.

Sure Nash would throw him around like a ragdoll for a bit (and thats if he could catch him) but then he'd get cocky, Jeff was always one to capitalize on people getting cocky and scoring an upset.

He was also one to do something incredibily stupid and then get his ass kicked. Or show up high as a birdy and get beaten in 30 seconds.

This match can only end one way, and that's Kevin Nash winning.

Alex
04-18-2012, 06:49 AM
nWo. You lose sir.

You mean the group that Hulk Hogan was in??

It's not impressive because well big guys owning little guys is what usually happens and it's exactly what would happen here. Jeff's going to put up a fight, but eventually he's taking the Jackknife and will lose.

Jeff's taken moves like the Jackknife before and beaten his opponents.

He was also one to do something incredibily stupid and then get his ass kicked. Or show up high as a birdy and get beaten in 30 seconds.

Well Nash could always pull his quad walking down the ramp

Remix
04-18-2012, 06:55 AM
You mean the group that Hulk Hogan was in??

Doesn't change the fact that the nWo, a group Nash was in drew lots of money, which Jeff never has. You still lose.

Jeff's taken moves like the Jackknife before and beaten his opponents.

He's also taken moves like it and lost.

Well Nash could always pull his quad walking down the ramp

If that's his only chance of winning, he's screwed.

Alex
04-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Doesn't change the fact that the nWo, a group Nash was in drew lots of money, which Jeff never has. You still lose.

Fairly sure they would have drawn just as much without him. Nash on his own hasn't drawn as much as Hardy has

He's also taken moves like it and lost.

And Nash has lost to moves like the Twist Of Fate and Swanton as well.

If that's his only chance of winning, he's screwed.

I've pointed out before Jeff's beaten quite a few big men before, beating Kevin Nash is likely

themizisawesomemikeali
04-18-2012, 07:01 AM
Kevin Nash wins!He's a big man and could easily destroy Hardy!Nash has morre experience too!Plus He could convince HHH & Vinny Mac to book him to win the match xD

Shocky
04-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Kevin Nash easily. Jeff Hardy is a sloppy spot monkey at best. Nash might be one of the Masters of the 5 Moves of Doom, but it was an effective arsenal. Say what you will about him booking his own WCW title reigns, but the man was a WWF champion for a year.

Jeff Hardy has nothing in his arsenal of all flash and no substance to beat Kevin Nash.

Remix
04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Fairly sure they would have drawn just as much without him. Nash on his own hasn't drawn as much as Hardy has

Can you prove either of those two statements? Facts are facts, Kevin Nash has drawn more money than Jeff Hardy. You can twist those facts however you like but they aren't changing any time soon.

It's also a fact that in WCW, i.e. this region Nash didn't lose very much. He's got the advantage in this one.

And Nash has lost to moves like the Twist Of Fate and Swanton as well.

And Hardy has been beaten by chokeslams. We can do this all day.

I've pointed out before Jeff's beaten quite a few big men before, beating Kevin Nash is likely

Nash has beaten better small guys than Jeff Hardy. HBK and AJ Styles, for example the latter at the age of 50, well outside his prime. This is Nash over a decade younger in an environment he's in control of. Nash would go over. Deal with it.

Alex
04-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Can you prove either of those two statements? Facts are facts, Kevin Nash has drawn more money than Jeff Hardy. You can twist those facts however you like but they aren't changing any time soon.

Nash wasn't drawing that much in WWE when he was Diesel. He had to switch companies and join forces with Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall to draw loads. Jeff Hardy managed to draw quite a lot in WWE and was arguably the #2 wrestler in the company. More than Nash was.

It's also a fact that in WCW, i.e. this region Nash didn't lose very much. He's got the advantage in this one.

And Hardy has been beaten by chokeslams. We can do this all day.

Point being Nash has lost to moves that Jeff Hardy can perform

Nash has beaten better small guys than Jeff Hardy. HBK and AJ Styles, for example the latter at the age of 50, well outside his prime. This is Nash over a decade younger in an environment he's in control of. Nash would go over. Deal with it.

And Nash has lost to Triple H, a guy Jeff Hardy has beaten.

Remix
04-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Nash wasn't drawing that much in WWE when he was Diesel. He had to switch companies and join forces with Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall to draw loads. Jeff Hardy managed to draw quite a lot in WWE and was arguably the #2 wrestler in the company. More than Nash was.

And drawing loads, regardless of the situation is something Jeff's never done, despite working with guys who have drawn considerably more than himself.

Point being Nash has lost to moves that Jeff Hardy can perform

That point also applies to Hardy. Except Nash's moves are easier to apply.

And Nash has lost to Triple H, a guy Jeff Hardy has beaten.

And Hardy has also lost to HHH. Your point?

Davi323
04-18-2012, 09:02 AM
This is the WCW region. That means it's Kevin Nash, member of the nWo, multiple time WCW champion.. No way that Jeff hardy wins. In a different venue, maybe. But in the WCW region, Kevin Nash has an almost insurmountable advantage. He has total creative control. You can't combat that.

Brian O'Regan
04-18-2012, 09:55 AM
If this was a legitimate shoot i think Nash would dominate hardy, with hardy just hanging in there all the time. Then hardy does something insane (Im talking wwe insane, not tna insane by turning up stoned!)

Im giving the win to Jeff Hardy

Alex
04-18-2012, 10:32 AM
See I don't like the whole 'Nash had backstage stroke in WCW so he should win' arguement. If thats the case Hulk Hogan will win the entire thing.

If you take away Nash's backstage power in WCW his win/loss ratio was fairly even and he lost to guys the size of Hardy.

Sure he'd be more familiar with a WCW arena than Hardy would, but Hardy would be able to get the fans behind him which would help him score a win.

Davi323
04-18-2012, 10:38 AM
See I don't like the whole 'Nash had backstage stroke in WCW so he should win' arguement. If thats the case Hulk Hogan will win the entire thing.

If you take away Nash's backstage power in WCW his win/loss ratio was fairly even and he lost to guys the size of Hardy.

Sure he'd be more familiar with a WCW arena than Hardy would, but Hardy would be able to get the fans behind him which would help him score a win.

No, it doesn't work for Hulk Hogan because he only had total creative control in WCW, and reasonable creative control in the WWE. The only reason that Kevin Nash's creative control would even be an issue is because he was placed in the WCW region, where it might apply. Had he been in any of the other regions, he wouldn't have it.

But, in WCW, Kevin Nash won 5 world titles and 9 tag titles, while Hardy would never have gotten out of the cruiserweight division. It was WCW, and no smaller statured wrestler would ever have won the heavyweight belt. (unless he was the head booker or David Arquette promoting an insanely bad wrestling movie) Put this match in the WWE region? It's an entirely different set of rules.

NSL
04-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I've lost my taste for Hardy over the years, and this match takes place in Nash's stomping grounds. In WCW, Hardy would've opened a few shows well, and then been fed to Nash to keep him happy. It might be an interesting match in a WWE ring, but Hardy doesn't stand a chance in WCW.

Con T.
04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Neither has Nash really. In fact Jeff Hardy's probably drawn more money than Nash

Don't you find it a little pathetic that of all the things I said about Jeff Hardy, including calling him a cancer on the business, that you can only argue that Jeff Hardy didn't draw money?

Anyway, your ignorance has already been pointed out, but Nash as a member inspired the boom period of a company that, for about two years, had WWE on the brink of bankruptcy. You can argue it was Hogan, but the angle doesn't work without the threat from another company coming up. Nash by himself made Hall that much more threatening; otherwise, we're looking at the debuting character of Scott Hall, and that's all. Without Nash, we aren't even discussing the existence of the New World Order.

Unless you can prove to me Jeff Hardy had that kind of impact on wrestling, you may kindly sod off

Tastycles
04-18-2012, 01:53 PM
This is a tough one for me. I'm not a great fan of either, but I'm not a great detractor either. What Nash lacks in speed, he more than makes up for in power. And what Hardy lacks in decision making, he more than makes up for in audaciousness. They've both been solid but unspectacular world champions, and both have been incredibly over - Nash in 1996 and Hardy in 2008.

So who to vote for? I guess the only decision I can make is to go for Nash. The reason? Nash was able to cut it as a Champion in both WWF and WCW, and has shown consistency in his abilities. Hardy has gone from extreme to extreme in terms of holding it together, and has never truly convinced outside of the WWE bubble. For that reason, I'm voting Nash.

stblink
04-18-2012, 03:50 PM
I have to give the advantage to Kevin Nash, only because the match is set with WCW rules. Nash with the win

The 1-2-3 Killam
04-18-2012, 04:32 PM
I do like Jeff Hardy, but Kevin Nash was the man for a good chunk of time in the 90's. A lot of modern fans will look at his matchup, make fun of Nash's knee and/or quad problems and vote based on what would have happened in the last few years. But with both men in their primes, Jeff Hardy going over would have been a HUGE upset.

This match, with both men in their primes, in WCW no less goes to Kevin Nash all the way. Nash would eat all of Hardy's signature moves throughout the match, look defeated by a decent margin, but hit a big boot and drive Hardy to hell with the Jackknife Powerbomb. Better men tried and failed to take down Diesel in the 90s.

Uncle Sam
04-18-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm a creature of the night. No, that doesn't mean I'm a rapist or Michael Howard - it means I'm a Jeff Hardy fan. On reflection, I think I'd rather admit to being a rapist. Or Michael Howard.

I want to vote for Jeff Hardy, and I might. Jeff has done his best to bring the entire industry into disrepute; he's turned up to shows off his tits, he's violated WWE's wellness policy numerous times, he's almost gone to prison for possessing illegal substances, subsequently made a mockery of the US's court system, and is generally just a bit of a tit - and yet I can't help but like him a little bit.

At his peak, sober, I think he'd have a good shot at taking out Kevin Nash. Nash was a destructive force, sure, but Hardy was 'the man' for a short while, was a resilient little bastard, and would jump off of ridiculously tall objects to finish off his opponents.

I suppose longevity and the setting both nod to Nash, but I really hate that cunt.

Pyro180
04-18-2012, 07:21 PM
If we were talking Jeff Hardy of any time before 2008-ish then i would say Nash all the way, but, considering Jeff Nero Hardy can make a crowd get out of their seats better than anyone i can think of, (Not to say Kev's not fantastic) I say Jeff Hardy FTW!

Natural Selection
04-18-2012, 08:05 PM
Ok as previously stated Nash was in NWO that angle redefined wrestling FOREVER Hogan may have been the center piece, but the fact remains this is WCW and the 5time world champ and 9time tag champ is not going down to Hardy. The most memorable loss Nash had in WCW was the fucking finger poke of doom. The man ruined the Goldberg streak. He had that much pull. If this was WWE then maybe and if it was a ladder match then probably, but its a regular match in WCW Hardy has no chance. And hurl those quad insults all you want but this is prime vs prime. Whisper in the wind botched with a Hall distraction big boot jackknife 1-2-3

#hamler
04-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Even in their respective primes, I don't see Hardy going over Nash here. Nash held the WWF Championship longer than anyone in the '90's and managed to win the WCW Championship a couple times in wrestling's biggest boom period. He's 1/3 of the most famous factions in wrestling history in the NWO; wherever Nash goes, history follows. Jeff Hardy couldn't beat Nash on his best day. In their primes Nash dominates Jeff Hardy in just about every way. I can see hte argument of kicking Nash in his knee a couple times but even Hardy and his crazy highflying style isn't smart enough to play off of that.

klunderbunker
04-18-2012, 09:14 PM
Nash. Hardy may be a big deal, but Nash held the world title for over a year. That says an awful lot, and considering that all Nash is going to have to do is hit a big boot to put Hardy down, this isn't much of a contest. Nash has experience against smaller guys like Rey, and if he can beat Rey (which he did), he can beat Hardy, which he will.

shattered dreams
04-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Nash. Hardy may be a big deal, but Nash held the world title for over a year. That says an awful lot, and considering that all Nash is going to have to do is hit a big boot to put Hardy down, this isn't much of a contest. Nash has experience against smaller guys like Rey, and if he can beat Rey (which he did), he can beat Hardy, which he will.

I would expect a better quality argument from you. A big boot will put Jeff Hardy down :confused: Jeff Hardy is arguably better at taking a significant beating yet still managing to win than anyone in this era. Comparing title reign lengths from the past to ones in the present is as dumb as comparing the number of title wins now to what happened in the past. Nash was a big deal but maybe not as much as he might have you believe. Nash will talk about some of the crowds he drew but that is old drawing. I am surprised that with how much we joke about it people don't understand how big a part of new drawing t-shirt sales is. Nash drew because of the position he was in. Hardy's drawing forced them to give him the position he attained. I don't hate the big lazy but I have no problem calling him that because it seems accurate. Nash probably should win but a Hardy at the top of his game is anything but an easy match for Nash. They are so opposite in almost every way that it really is a coinflip type of match as any one of several factors on either side could be the difference that leads to the win.

So who to vote for? I guess the only decision I can make is to go for Nash. The reason? Nash was able to cut it as a Champion in both WWF and WCW, and has shown consistency in his abilities. Hardy has gone from extreme to extreme in terms of holding it together, and has never truly convinced outside of the WWE bubble. For that reason, I'm voting Nash.

Seems like an odd tiebreaker when one guy had his prime at time when WCW didn't even exist. Nash never could cut it consistently in WWE, so is he out for that reason?

klunderbunker
04-18-2012, 10:52 PM
I would expect a better quality argument from you. A big boot will put Jeff Hardy down :confused: Jeff Hardy is arguably better at taking a significant beating yet still managing to win than anyone in this era. Comparing title reign lengths from the past to ones in the present is as dumb as comparing the number of title wins now to what happened in the past. Nash was a big deal but maybe not as much as he might have you believe. Nash will talk about some of the crowds he drew but that is old drawing. I am surprised that with how much we joke about it people don't understand how big a part of new drawing t-shirt sales is. Nash drew because of the position he was in. Hardy's drawing forced them to give him the position he attained. I don't hate the big lazy but I have no problem calling him that because it seems accurate. Nash probably should win but a Hardy at the top of his game is anything but an easy match for Nash. They are so opposite in almost every way that it really is a coinflip type of match as any one of several factors on either side could be the difference that leads to the win.

When I say down I don't mean down for a pin mind you. I mean down as in it would stop Hardy's momentum. Hardy would certainly make a comeback, but for the life of me I can't see Hardy being the guy that would stop Nash, not in Nash's best years at least. That would arguably be either 1998 or 1994, and even at Hardy's best I don't think he could stop Diesel back then. It wouldn't be a squash either, but I think Nash would win it in the end.

Peoples_Champ
04-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Kevin Nash deserves to take this one. He was an absolute monster back in the 90s, a believable big man. He beat Backlund in 8 seconds with one jackknife powerbomb. Granted this was mid-90s Backlund, but it makes a huge statement to win in Madison Square Garden in 8 seconds against an established contender.

I never bought Hardy as a champ. It's not like CM Punk, who is undersized but has the technical ability to make me believe that he can win it all. Hardy was a glorified, yet successful, spot monkey that got a shot.

I gotta go with Nash. In a traditional catch-as-catch-can match, Nash would finally find the quicker Hardy and put him away, 1-2-3.

Nash by pinfall, 14 minutes.

The Brain
04-19-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm going with Nash here. He's just too big and strong for Hardy to handle. I'm sure Jeff with hit a flurry of offense and put forth a great effort similar to what he did against Taker a decade ago. In the end though I see Hardy falling victim to some power moves before being finished with a jackknife.

Tastycles
04-19-2012, 02:14 AM
Seems like an odd tiebreaker when one guy had his prime at time when WCW didn't even exist. Nash never could cut it consistently in WWE, so is he out for that reason?

I would have thought that the argument was plain to anybody capable of reasoning, but I'll spell it out:

Nash - longest title reign for years in WWE, then several short but popular runs in WCW, and part of the most popular storyline ever = measured success in two promotions

Hardy - several short but populr runs in WWE, an embarrassing stint as TNA champion and a total loss of interest in the business = measured success in one promotion

Alex
04-19-2012, 04:21 AM
I would like to point out Jeff Hardy beat Matt Morgan a guy pretty much the same size as Nash (and slightly more agile in my view)

I still think Nash would get cocky (because he does that) allowing Hardy to catch him by surprise and score an upeset.

The Gribbler
04-19-2012, 04:31 AM
Yeah thats why he doesn't get big pops in TNA:rolleyes:

You count TNA pops? I stopped taking the TNA audience seriously years ago.

On topic, I really cannot see nash putting over someone that small. He had a thing about not jobbing. And had very particular thoughts on where people like Jeff Hardy fit in the scheme of things. Hell he is one millionth as talented as Guererro, Malenko, Benoit and Jericho were and Nash wouldn't give THEM the time of day, let alone Hardy.

Just My Opinion

Hollywood Naitch
04-19-2012, 08:15 AM
I definitely think Jeff Hardy would put up a fight here, as he did in that famous ladder match against another big man in The Undertaker, but Nash would come out on top if we are comparing both men in their primes.

He would simply be too strong, too dirty and too powerful for The Charismatic Enigma, and with this being in WCW, the nWo would be on hand to watch Nash's back and give him all the help he needs (if any) to put away Hardy.

Hardy fights bravely, but a cheap shot from Scott Hall on the outside leads Hardy to stumble into a Jackknife Powerbomb from Nash, and the 3 count.

Winner: Kevin Nash

George Steele's Barber
04-19-2012, 08:28 AM
If if you ignore Nash's backstage influence and Hardy being too distracted by Hall walking around ring side with a load of painkillers shoved down his trunks, Nash is going to win easily.

All of Hardy's spots are worthless against a man with the size and strength of Nash. Whisper in the Wind, Swanton and Twist of Fate would be incredibly ineffective. Nash in his prime in WCW would throw Hardy around like a bouncer throws around a drunken frat boy. Hardy would take the power bomb bump very nicely.

Jack-Hammer
04-19-2012, 09:05 AM
I've got to go with Nash here. I've never really been overly impressed with Hardy's track record against big men. I was never a huge fan of Nash inside the ring but during his peak years, he was pretty dominant. Nash is obviously much slower, less agile & less mobile than Jeff Hardy is but so much of Hardy's offense just seems ineffectual to me in terms of keeping Nash down. I see Hardy putting up a good fight, throwing caution to the wind and just hitting Nash with every high flying, high risk moves that come to mind. Nash would also get in his share of ground & pound offense and use his size & strength to take Hardy's mobility out of the game to do some damage.

I can see Hardy getting Nash down and going for the Swanton Bomb off the top, only for Nash to counter by pulling up his knees for Hardy to land on or simply rolling out of the way due to Hardy, having been worked over & hurting, taking longer to get to the top & set up for the move than normal. At any rate, Nash has time to recover and takes advantage of the situation by hitting the Jacknife on Hardy for the win.

I know some have said that Hardy beat Morgan and he's roughly Nash's size. While that's true, Morgan isn't Nash. Compared with Kevin Nash, Morgan's a nobody that's done pretty much nothing. By the time Nash was Morgan's current age, he'd embarked on one of the longest World Championship runs of the past 25 years. From there, he went to WCW as part of the original nWo, which was one of the biggest angles & factions of all time, had a further 5 more World Championship wins & 9 tag title runs. Not all of those runs were the stuff that dreams were made of, nor were the feuds, but at least he had them. Morgan's biggest claim to fame lies with 2 joke tag title runs and generally coming out on the losing end of any big feuds he finds himself in.

Loveless
04-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Nash at his best would crush Hardy in no time at all. HBK couldn't beat Diesel at Wrestlemania XI and Hardy sure as fuck isn't HBK. Nash is a 6'10 beast, Hardy has the physicality of a ballet dancer.

shattered dreams
04-19-2012, 01:16 PM
I would have thought that the argument was plain to anybody capable of reasoning, but I'll spell it out:

Nash - longest title reign for years in WWE, then several short but popular runs in WCW, and part of the most popular storyline ever = measured success in two promotions

Hardy - several short but populr runs in WWE, an embarrassing stint as TNA champion and a total loss of interest in the business = measured success in one promotion

I understand what you say but I just don't see the relevance. If apathy in TNA is a mark against someone then Nash probably has some skeletons in his closet you should disclose. Why is Nash doing stuff in WWF and WCW different than Hardy doing stuff on Raw and Smackdown? Are we going to mark Cena down for not going to a different non-existent company? If you want to argue Nash had more success then that is one thing but I just don't see the relevance of the number of promotions that someones success occurred in.

jmt225
04-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Fuck the kayfabe argument... Jeff Hardy is one of the best, most entertaining, and popular professional wrestlers of all time. He deserves the vote here.

I loved Nash when I was a kid, and his run with Diesel was fairly entertaining when he was working with the right people, but nothing he ever did comes close to matching Jeff Hardy's body of work. Jeff's tag team run was remarkable, and his singles run has been remarkable. Bitch and moan about his personal demons all you want, but you cannot deny that he has always been an INCREDIBLE professional wrestler, much better than Nash ever was.

Alex
04-20-2012, 06:01 AM
Now that Nash's WCW influence is void Hardy should definitely win.

He's beaten guys more or less the same size as Nash (Undertaker, Matt Morgan, Abyss) and big guys who are more agile than Nash as well (Umaga). Nash would find it hard to catch Hardy and Hardy's resilience would mean he could take a lot of Nash's offence.