PDA

View Full Version : Int Region, Charlotte Subregion, First Round: (16) Jeff Jarrett vs. (17) Rick Rude

klunderbunker
04-16-2012, 01:33 PM
This is a first round match in the International Region, Charlotte Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.

http://www.charlottearchitecturalphotography.com/images/TIME_WARNER_CABLE_ARENA003%282%29.jpg

http://www.wrestlingvalley.org/wv/02/25253/25253.jpg

#16. Jeff Jarrett

Vs.

http://www.accelerator3359.com/Wrestling/pictures/rude2.jpg

#17. Rick Rude

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Davi323
04-16-2012, 02:46 PM
I have to go with Ravishing Rick Rude here. Rick Rude is one of those guys that always gets mentioned in the "best to have never won the belt" type conversations, and Jeff Jarrett is, well...Jeff Jarrett. Rude was better in the ring, better on the mic, better at everything.

The Brain
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM
This is certainly an interesting first round matchup. Both men were very successful as upper midcarders in the WWF before achieving main event success in other promotions. In a close contest I’m voting for Rude here. I think during his prime as a main eventer Rude was looked at as a very credible opponent capable of cleanly defeating even the top babyfaces on any given night. Jarrett has had success in the main event too but I think people had the impression that he would need some kind of assistance or have to take some sort of shortcut in order to beat the top faces. Neither of these guys will be accused of being the most scrupulous wrestlers in the world but for the sake of this argument I’d like to think the match would be relatively clean which would give the match to Rude. Even if Jarrett did want to break the rules Rude is no stranger to that either and wouldn’t hesitate to fight fire with fire. In a close contest I’m giving the victory to Rude. On a side note I’m sure Rude would have appreciated how Jarrett stole Kurt Angle’s wife.

Big Sexy
04-16-2012, 03:04 PM
I'm going with Rude here. He was simply better then Jarrett at everything. Better in the ring, better on the mic, and more entertaining. The one argument people will use for Jarrett is the fact that he has held multiple World titles and Rude has not, but I think many people forget the 3 reigns Rude had as the WCW International World Heavyweight Champion. That was in the middle of the separation for WCW from the NWA and that belt was seen as an equivalent to the world title. Only 4 men ever held the belt, Rude, Ric Flair, Sting, and Hiroshi Hase, so Rude is in great company there.

FitFinlay4Life
04-16-2012, 03:17 PM
I have always liked Double J and feel he has received a great deal of undo flack for being Russo's favorite in the dying months of WCW.

However, I've always loved (well... hated) the Ravishing One and think that Rude would have always been booked above Jarrett had the two of them been at the same stage of their careers in the same company at the same time. Why? Rude was more original, Jeff (while he done it well) always came across as a next generation Flair WHILE Flair was still going.

Multiple time World Champion or not, after a grueling battle the Stroke is countered and the King of the Mountain gets a (for many, long due) Rude Awakening.

Theo Mays
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm going Rude here. Both men have a similar story. They both had nice runs in the WWE has midcards, winning the IC title and then in WCW had runs as World champs. So by that record both men are pretty close. When it comes to everything else though I think Rude has the advantage. He is a better talker, performer, and I think in his time he was more of a threat at the top than Jarrett ever was. This one should definitely be close, but I like Rude here. I just think he was a better all around performer than Jeff.

Shocky
04-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Fuck, this sucks. Double J is one of those guys that simply will be under rated, mainly based on his associations (Russo in WCW) or his role (Founder of TNA). He was/is a deserving world champion. Is Double J a 10 time world champion, no, but he's certainly capable of holding the NWA or WCW title several times in the period he competed. He simply was a good, solid role character to help build up the young characters of TNA. He did a good job.

That being said, Rude was fucking solid. In my book, the WCW Int'l title was/is a legit world title. It was the main title of WCW for a short time, and Rude was able to hold onto that belt. Rude was solid on the mic, solid in the ring, and overall just made a very memorable mark on the business.

Begrudgingly I'll take Rude, but this one hurts just a little bit.

The 1-2-3 Killam
04-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Rick Rude was an exceptional in-ring athlete in a time of giants with a fun, unique gimmick. My hat is off to him for helping guys like Bret Hart break the traditional "big man" mold of pro wrestlers. But in my opinion the tragic overdose and death of Rude blew his rather short WWF and WCW career WAY out of proportion. He was good, no doubt about it, but a 17th seed in this tournament...? I don't think so.

Jeff Jarrett gets a terrible reputation from a lot of younger internet fans for ruining WCW and putting himself above the product on more than one occasion. Even if that were true, which I don't really want to get into, Jarrett has still contributed to the industry in both quality and quantity. He founded TNA Wrestling, which no matter what your feelings on the product, is kind of a big deal. He is also an above average in-ring wrestler and one of the best heat-drawing promos guys of all time. Be it because of real-hatred from the fans for perceived wrongs he has done to the business, or be it that he's just that good at his job, he draws a legit reaction. Personally, I like him. I miss him in TNA, and I think the product is marginally better with him around in some capacity.

I have to cast my vote for Double J in this one.

Thriller Ant
04-16-2012, 03:58 PM
How one views this match-up really reflects how one feels about kayfabe accomplishments. On one side, you have Jeff Jarrett, who is a 6-time TNA champ, a 4-time WCW champ, and a 6-time Intercontinental champ, among other accomplishments. On the other side, you have Rick Rude, a 1-time Intercontinental champ, a 1-time WCCW Heavyweight champ, plus some other titles from the 80s and 90s.

On the surface, it looks like Jarrett in a walk, however, if you look deeper at those World Titles, how impressive are they in reality? The WCW Title reigns came in the dying days of the company. For reference, his first reign came a mere 9 days before the illustrious David Arquette became champion. He has had a nice run in TNA, but I don't how prestigious the TNA Title or the NWA World Title are in the grand scope of things.

Rude, on the other hand, won the Intercontinental Championship when it was at the peak of its prestige. He defeated Sting for the U.S. Title and WCW's version of the Intercontinental Title, as well as defeating Ric Flair for that same International World Heavyweight Championship.

Point being, Jarrett's titles may look more prestigious, but Rude was a major player in the midcard when the midcard was at its peak in both WWF and WCW/Crockett, while Jarrett had his greatest success in a company he founded. Whether or not the implication is fair, it still must be mentioned. Rude takes this for me.

Big Nick Dudley
04-16-2012, 04:36 PM
You have no idea how hard it would be for me to vote against Jarrett, given what he has done over the past two or so years. Funniest man in wrestling for a solid six months. Oh well.

Rude and Double J are similar. Both would absolutely cheat their asses off to make it out of the first round. Who is better in that regard? Probably Jarrett, but Rude is legitimate bad ass, more so than Jarrett ever was. When heels take on heels, they usually fight it out, not being as weak as they are against face wrestlers.

In a more physical battle than you may expect, Rude takes Jarrett out.

Harthan
04-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Really interesting match up here, to me. I would have loved to watch this go down in real life. Two of the cockiest wrestlers ever to enter the ring, squaring off with one another. Wow. Could you even imagine the promos, the mind games, and then the match itself? This could have been off the charts.

So, titles like Jarrett a lot - at first glance. Rude is sort of a three time world champion, if you count the WCW International World Heavyweight Championship. Jarrett is like, a ten time world champion or so. It speaks a lot, on paper, to Jarrett's ability to enter the ring against the greatest in the world and come out a winner, which on paper it doesn't look like Rude does. But interestingly, if one looks at Rude's list of opponents defeated for his title runs, you find Ric Flair (in 1993), Hiroshi Hase, and Sting. Jarrett, meanwhile, can lay claim to beating Ron Killings (twice), AJ Styles, Raven, Rhino, Christian, DDP, David Arquette, and Ric Flair (in 2000). So, what means more - defeating a menagerie of TNA/NWA guys, an aged Flair, DDP, and a celebrity ten times, or beating Flair in his prime, Sting, and Hiroshi Hase three times? It's a tougher call than it looks like on paper and I'm inclined to say that it's at least a wash.

Rude also comes in with a height and weight advantage over Jarrett. Thinking about the way they wrestle, I think this match is going to come down to looking for the ultimate cheap shot. Who can outmaneuver whom for that moment of referee distraction? I think it favors Jarrett, to be honest, because of his history with the guitar. He's a master at manipulating the referee in a way few others are, getting open for the guitar shot. Rude hasn't got much of a signature object - he's used title belts, but that won't be in play here. Rude just isn't as practiced at it as Jarrett is. Maybe he adopts a different strategy, but I think he's going to be looking for a devious victory. The problem is that he ran into one of the few guys more devious than him.

Ultimately, I think this is a match that would see both guys go at each other hard, Rude probably exploiting his strength and size advantage in the early goings, but constantly looking for the shortcut. Jarrett would pick up on that, manipulate the situation, and find his own shortcut. The ref goes down inevitably, and Jarrett would find the way to get the guitar shot in for the win before Rude could manufacture his own victory.

Jack-Hammer
04-16-2012, 05:04 PM
I think this would be an entertaining match to watch. Jarrett is probably the more technically sound and Rude is stronger and possibly more athletic.

For me, I'm giving the match to Rude mostly due to the fact that I simply found him much more entertaining to watch & listen to than I Jarrett by a huge margin.

Going by accomplishments won't really do much in my view in this match. On the surface, Jarrett's title wins & feuds overall seem much more impressive, though I can't really fault anyone for voting for Jarrett based on that. As I said, on the surface, it looks impressive. Jarrett is a 10 time World Heavyweight Champion after all. However, looking a little deeper, the 10 wins of a World Championship aren't all that much to crow about in my eyes. His runs with the WCW WHC were a joke and came about when quality of WCW was at an all time low. All four of his runs with the title might have totaled 40 days. Jarrett is someone I've never taken seriously as a main eventer. I've always thought he was a solid mid-card guy that was put into a spot that he couldn't really handle. He was never really taken seriously in WCW as a main eventer and he wasn't really taken seriously as a main eventer until TNA. However, TNA was his company and he made himself the top guy there for a long, long time. So, one can argue that Jarrett only ever really made it to the main event scene as a serious guy because he started his own company so that he could be THE guy.

Rude had success in WCCW and in the tag scene in Mid-Atlantic before heading to WWF. Rude only held the IC title once in WWF and would later challenge Ultimate Warrior a number of times, unsuccessfully, for the WWF Championship before heading to WCW. In WCW, Rude captured the WCW International WHC 3 times I think and had one of the longest runs with the United States Championship in the history of the title.

I think it'd be a competetive match but I see Rude getting the win after somehow managing to reverse Jarrett's attempt to land The Stroke and counter with the Rude Awakening about the 15 minute mark.

George Steele's Barber
04-16-2012, 06:01 PM
Karen takes one look at Rude and his pelvic thrusts and dumps albino Jarrett 2 seconds in to the match. Jarett gets all depressed goes for his guitar but instead of bashing Rude over the head tries to play Karen a love song to win her surgically enhanced everything back. Rude takes advantage for an easy 1-2-3.

Rude bangs Karen before they can make it back to the locker room sending her in to a coma in the process.

ProWrestlingFan
04-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Jeff Jarret, athird-generation wrestler, Jarrett has held seventy championships in various promotions throughout his career. In TNA, he is currently recognized as an 11-time World Heavyweight champion, having been a six-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion, four-time WCW World Heavyweight Champion, and one-time AAA World Heavyweight Champion. He has also accumulated five additional world title reigns, being a three-time USWA Unified World Heavyweight Champion and two-time WWA World Heavyweight Champion.

In WWF, a six-time Intercontinental Champion,and is one of three men to hold both the Intercontinental and European Championships simultaneously. He is the first wrestler to be a two-time King of the Mountain.

"The Chosen One" Jeff Jarret wins this one.

CQzisjGIBtY

PsychoBlack
04-17-2012, 12:09 AM
This match would be extremely entertaining, two extremely talented combatants going head to head. I feel like Rude would come out on top her though. He doesn't quite have the resume that Jarrett has but there's quite a few reasons for that which I dont even feel like i need to get into.

Pay Per Ghost
04-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Well I find a heel Jarrett really entertaining and he is someone who can say, he has worked on the top for years in a promotion. This is a tough call. I am a Ravishing fan and think he can overcome the challenge here. Rude is the man who beat an unbeatable Ultimate Warrior so I think he can vanquish another big dog here. (Please note: I say big dog, because I do count Jarrett's years on top of NWA-TNA as an achievement, and thus use that logic.)

SuperSteve16
04-17-2012, 07:08 AM
This is a very tough round one matchup as both men talented at playing a cocky and arrogant heel. Both men in there primes put on good matches and had success in singles competition but I think Rick Rude slightly has the edge in this matchup as he wasbslightly more entertaining and really able to get in the heads of alot of wrestlers

SuperSteve 16 votes for Rick Rude

NSL
04-17-2012, 09:57 AM
When I first saw this match-up, I thought there was no way Rude could lose. He's better on the mic, stronger, possibly faster, and is one of those guys who "should've, could've, would've" won a few titles. He's just downright more entertaining. I don't like Jeff Jarrett, and I used to be the TNA mod. He's a self-promoter, and his matches that have interested me are few and far between.

But...This is a different animal. They're in WCW. Forget about Russo, and look at what they did during their tenures. Rude had his title run, but Jarrett was "the man" for a while at the end. He's got the "home field" advantage in the South, and would probably make this a tough match, based on his status alone.

My vote still goes to Rude, who would wear Double J out over a 15-20 minute match.

Hulk Hogan's Brother
04-17-2012, 01:26 PM
This is a pretty tough match. Rude is rated as the guy who is better on the mic by most people though Jeff has done some pretty funny stuff in recent years. Jarrett has the more number of accomplishments but Rude has defeated bigger names, the likes of Ultimate Warrior and Ric Flair being the ones among them. Rude has had some very memorable feuds like the ones against Jake The Snake and Ultimate Warrior but Jarrett was the one who was booked stronger in his main event run in WCW. Jarrett has had some good feuds like his one against Angle but on the whole, his career has been one which is full of impressive statistics but very, VERY few memorable moments.

I'll go with Rude here. I know Jarrett was booked stronger than most other people in WCW history but Rude was also booked to have victories over Sting and Flair in WCW. Just going on the quality of guys he has defeated Rude strikes me as the better wrestler. Jarrett has a lot of fluffy stats in his career but has hardly defeated anyone of significance. That cannot be attributed to a lack of opportunity as he has spent plenty of time in the big promotions of the US. Rude spent a lesser amount of time as an active wrestler, due to his injury, but still has more impressive wins.

Winner: Rick Rude

wrestlingmasters55
04-17-2012, 03:12 PM
IT's a hard called because both guys are really great but, i would have to go with Rick rude. The reason being that Rude was the top heel in the wwe for a long time during the late 80's. I fought most of the top guys in wrestling from ultimate warrior to Hulk Hogan and then went to WCW and became a even bigger star. Jeff Jarrett on the other hand never became a huge star in the WWE and the only reason he became a main event talent was because he was friends with Russo. I'm not saying he wasn'T talented because i love is work in TNA but at the end of the DAy, Rude was just a bigger star.

jtolliver23
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I have to go with Rick Rude, for many of the same reasons that have been mentioned already. He was astounding on the mic and just made you hate him. Plus he was one of the best in ring competitors ever in the ring. That's not a knock on JJ, because I believe he is a very good wrestler, just not on the same level as Rick Rude. And isn't there supposed to be a poll somewhere? I don't see how to vote unless they're just counting comments?

dakikko049
04-17-2012, 03:38 PM
I too am going with Jeff Jarett. He's a good wrestler who can draw heat and had a pretty good gimmick. He was always frowned upon for various reasons but at the end of the day he was good at what he does. Rude was good but didn't quite have the illustrious career that Jarrett had, and I'm never a big fan of people who base their gimmick off good looks.

syxxeffect
04-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Rude wins here. He was great in the ring and could go with anyone. Jarrett is good too, but Rude is better. Its a shame he never got a big title run.

peterpib2
04-17-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm pretty sure its gonna be Rick Rude. He was a great wrestler, a great athlete, great on the microphone and and had great integrity. He wouldn't have wanted to have lost, that's good enough for Rick! Jarrett would probably try to use his guitar before Rick reverses it for the win!

ShreddedWheat
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM
Ravishing Rick Rude and Jeff Jarrett trade some showboating to start the match, but it quickly gets heated, and Rude is more believable as an imposing, aggressive heel. He relentlessly goes on the attack and ultimately takes the victory over a shell-shocked Double J.

IHW
04-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I think Jeff Jarret would win here. It is a very close match-up. Rude has done a whole lot in the business, but Double J has done more for the business. Jarret has always been, and still is, a solid in ring competitor. Who knows, maybe we would see a cheap Guitar shot at the end.

shaun25
04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
you can put rick rude up there with curt henning as one of the best to never hold the heavyweight title.but despite that both belong in the same category with taker,bret hart,hbk.oh add owen hart to the list of people that never won the title that should have.

pumpkinking8987
04-17-2012, 04:39 PM
This is certainly an interesting first round matchup. Both men were very successful as upper midcarders in the WWF before achieving main event success in other promotions. In a close contest Iím voting for Rude here. I think during his prime as a main eventer Rude was looked at as a very credible opponent capable of cleanly defeating even the top babyfaces on any given night. Jarrett has had success in the main event too but I think people had the impression that he would need some kind of assistance or have to take some sort of shortcut in order to beat the top faces. Neither of these guys will be accused of being the most scrupulous wrestlers in the world but for the sake of this argument Iíd like to think the match would be relatively clean which would give the match to Rude. Even if Jarrett did want to break the rules Rude is no stranger to that either and wouldnít hesitate to fight fire with fire. In a close contest Iím giving the victory to Rude. On a side note Iím sure Rude would have appreciated how Jarrett stole Kurt Angleís wife. Rude was a very good wrestler but lets be honest he was never considered a Main Eventer. Jarret on the other hand was a six time NWA champion as well as a four time WcW Heavyweight Champion

Tastycles
04-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Rick Rude was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He was a popular wrestler, that was one of the most over heels in the most popular company in the world in it's golden age. He was unfortunate to have his peak period of popularity coincide with that of guys like Hulk Hogan and as a result, his career never got the accolades it deserved. Furthermore, by the time the title started changing every week, he had been retired by injury. Even with that born in mind, he still had some good midcard title reigns, being hand picked to beat the Ultimate Warrior, and was part of the weird title situation in WCW in the very early 90s. A man who's career on paper is immensely less than his quality in reality deserved.

Jeff Jarrett was in the right place at the right time. He was an average wrestler, that was one of the most over heels in the second most popular company in the world in it's death throes/infancy. He was fortunate to have his peak period of popularity coincide with that of guys like Buff Bagwell and as a result, his career got far more accolades than it deserved. Furthermore, by the time the title started changing every week, he had become Vince Russo's best mate. Even with that born in mind, he still had some lacklustre midcard title reigns, being hand picked to lose to Chyna, and was part of the embarrassing title situation in WCW in the very early 00s. A man who's career on paper is immensely more than his quality in reality deserved.

Vote Rude.

JJX
04-17-2012, 11:27 PM
WHY is jeff jarrett even in this tournament. he is among the most overrated wrestlers of all time. never drew a dime. NOBODY thinks jeff jarrett is any good excpet his dad, dixie carter, his children and karen angle. Rude here EASY.

pipebomber
04-17-2012, 11:47 PM
ahh 2 guys who thought they were better than they were, Im gunna have to go with the ravishing one here.. Jarretts never really impressed me that much

Hollywood Naitch
04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
This would be a great match!

Rick Rude was all around quality, while Jeff Jarrett is probably a little over-criticised as a performer due to his pointless WCW title reigns and constantly keeping himself as champion in his own promotion TNA. Jarrett is not worthy of being a 10-time champion, but he probably should have a few reigns to talk about.

The cockiness of both these guys is off the chart, the build up would probably be even better than the match itself! Could you imagine Rude going after Karen Jarrett? It would be brilliant to see!

I could see this being pretty close, but when you look at the calibre of opponent Rude beat to become champion compared to Jarrett's opponents, you have to give Rick the advantage there, and I think he was the better wrestler overall.

Jarrett is good, but Rude is that bit better and knowing Rude's willingness to break the rules, he would know when the standard JJ guitar shot was coming, avoid it, and then hit the Rude Awakening for the 3 count.

Rick Rude wins.

e72882
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Rick Rude would win this match. Both Jarrett and Rude are former WCW & WWF wrestlers who were great heels in their time there. I give the edge to Rude because he was a main event talent wherever he went while Jarrett had to create TNA w/ his dad just so he could be the top talent and then he lost control of his own company to Kurt Angle and Dixie Carter. I always thought Rude had more charisma, better mic skills, and in ring talent than Jarrett. Finally Rick Rude is a Midwest wrestler from my home state of Minnesota and I gotta support the home team.

klunderbunker
04-18-2012, 08:57 PM
This is a very interesting one on paper and I could easily vote for either guy. What you're looking at here is a match of actual results vs. potential. Now the asterisk by those results (Jarrett's) is that he won all those titles when either A, no one else was there to win them, or B, when he and his daddy owned the company. At the end of the day though, he actually won them. Rude won whatever you want to call the Big Gold Belt so he was a world champion, but it was never the top title there. I'll go with Jarrett but not by much.

It's...Baylariat!
04-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Rick Rude and it won't be close. Rude defeated the likes of Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, and Sting in their primes. Jarrett's done very little in his years in the biz, except earn favor with bookers and promoters.

Rude was a great wrestler and his Rude Awakening would finish Jarrett in 10 minutes or less. Simply Ravishing OWWW!

Peoples_Champ
04-18-2012, 10:55 PM
The criteria is not who you like more, but who would win a one-on-one contest.

Ravishing Rick Rude was a great competitor and has pretty good in the ring for someone that was more well known for their physique than their mat wrestling ability. But that being said, Jeff Jarrett has always been more successful against higher level opponents. Rude rarely beat anyone that wasn't a jobber. Rude does have the advantage of Heenan at ringside, but Jarrett would have his trusty guitar. Also, with this being in the WCW region, the advantage of screwy finishes goes Jarrett's way.

Jarrett pinfall by screwy WCW finish (hits Rude over head with guitar behind ref's back, pins him with guitar pieces everywhere), 18 minutes.

The Brain
04-18-2012, 11:02 PM
The criteria is not who you like more, but who would win a one-on-one contest.

Ravishing Rick Rude was a great competitor and has pretty good in the ring for someone that was more well known for their physique than their mat wrestling ability. But that being said, Jeff Jarrett has always been more successful against higher level opponents. Rude rarely beat anyone that wasn't a jobber. Rude does have the advantage of Heenan at ringside, but Jarrett would have his trusty guitar. Also, with this being in the WCW region, the advantage of screwy finishes goes Jarrett's way.

Jarrett pinfall by screwy WCW finish (hits Rude over head with guitar behind ref's back, pins him with guitar pieces everywhere), 18 minutes.

I'm sorry but Ric Flair, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, and Ultimate Warrior are jobbers? I think you are grossly underestimating Rude's in ring ability. He is more than capable of hanging with and defeating Jarrett. He's beaten better.

Pyro180
04-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I feel like Jarrett wasnt all that relevant til TNA, he had a few good moments. but eh, I still say Rude.

Peoples_Champ
04-20-2012, 01:51 AM
I'm sorry but Ric Flair, Sting, Ricky Steamboat, and Ultimate Warrior are jobbers? I think you are grossly underestimating Rude's in ring ability. He is more than capable of hanging with and defeating Jarrett. He's beaten better.

I said he "rarely" beat anyone other than jobbers. I acknowledge Rude's accomplishments and his in-ring ability is superb. But he wasn't a major champion or even a main eventer. Jeff Jarrett, like him or not, nepotism or not, has been a headliner for years now.

I hate JJ, but let's be objective, he deserves the win over Rude.